“Great food but long line!” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #15 of 1,805 Restaurants in Baltimore
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch
Ann Arbor, Michigan
“Great food but long line!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2013

We were told that we would only have a 45 minute wait, but our wait was over an hour. The food was great and the service was quick. I ordered the cinnamon roll french toast, which is more like cinnamon rolls served with butter and syrup. My husband had the Maryland omelet with crab and cheese, which was delicious, but the biscuit it came with was clearly Bisquick and the hash browns were a bit salty. The menu is pretty extensive!

Visited March 2013

Marlton, NJ
“Incredible!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2013

You can't get a bad dish here. My husband got the "Shirley's affair with Oscar", I got a custom three egg omelette, and our son had the french toast. Presentation was unique and creative, with the french toast coming in a bento box. The flavor was out of this world, though. Don't miss the best breakfast in Baltimore, and find time to visit Miss Shirley!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Columbia, Maryland
“Amazing food, totally worth the wait”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2013

I loved this place! the food was amazing and even though we waited for an hour I would do it again just for a taste of their food. We ordered the monkey bread, the coconut stuffed french toast, the fried chicken and waffles, and the fried green tomato and egg sandwich, with bacon grits and if I had right then I would have died happy;) totally an amazing experience!

Visited March 2013
Jersey City, New Jersey, United States
“Tasty but not HOT”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013

Was referred to Miss Shirley's by a staff member of Founding Farmers on my last visit to the area so we decided to try it. We parked in the lot, a whopping $13 for such a short stay but not much available parking on the street, so we sucked that up. There was no wait to be seated and it wasn't very crowded as it was around 1:30 and we may have missed the rush. Amanda, our waitress was nice and professional. We ordered a few different things but I my food, which was a selection of side orders of grits, eggs, sweet potato w/ corn beef hash and collards, was tasty but everything but the eggs seemed to come from a buffet table as it was barely lukewarm. Everyone else enjoyed their selections and the waffles seemed to come off the irons so I nibbled on my niece's. I would go back but I will not rush and I would definitely suggest that my food be freshly cooked as the prices are high enough that it shouldn't even questioned.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Lancaster, Pennsylvania
“Pricey but good”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

We went for breakfast on a Friday morning at about 9:15 and were sat immediately. We soon figured out that this was going to be expensive, even the kids can't eat for less than $11 a head. We went with a breakfast sandwich and the specialty raspberry white chocolate pancakes, both were outstanding. I can't remember which sandwich we ordered, but it was great. 4 pancakes were more than enough--I couldn't finish them. We ended up getting one meal for our kids and it was plenty for them to split. Our total bill was over $50 with tip...more than we had planned on, but this was not your normal everyday breakfast food.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere