“reviewed under former name of Meet 27” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Bakeries
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
HYATTSVILLE
“reviewed under former name of Meet 27”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2014

Simple decor, great service, varied menu, generous portions, tasty food, beautifully presented, reasonably priced. Gluten free, vegetarian, vegan, fish and meat options.

Visited April 2014

Bowie, Maryland
“Delicious Meal!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2014

Recently I was visiting a friend in Baltimore who suggested that we check out this restaurant. It's small and has a nice atmosphere. I was excited when I read the menu because several of the entrees sounded great. I ordered the Shredded Spicy Chicken with chili and basil, and my friend ordered the Penang Chicken. We loved our dishes! The entrees come with your choice of two sides, and we were very pleased with our selections. We each had a delicious and filling meal, and the service was great. I checked out the cupcakes and decided to purchase two to take home. They looked very appetizing, and I liked that they were gluten-free. Unfortunately, they are the reason why I couldn't give Sweet 27 a rating of Excellent. The cake part of the cupcake was good, but the icing was awful. I ordered two varieties, and neither one was good. I would definitely go back for a meal, but I'll skip dessert.

• Visited February 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Baltimore, Maryland
“Cupcake paraside”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2013

After eating many gluten free cupcakes and being dissapointed, this place blew my mind. I do not have Celiacs but I do have a gluten intolerance. This means that I can eat it, but I feel horrible when I do. I only point this out because I eat both gluten free and gluten full cupcakes. A friend brought me here since I have a cupcake obsession and try to eat gluten free and these were AMAZING. I have had every cupcake flavor. Most are ok but there are a few that stand out as better than regular cupcakes. The vanilla birthday cake, the red velvet and the cookies and cream are great. They are moist and flavorful and even better then use natural colorings rather than dyes (referring to the red velvet). I come in here with my friend and get 4 cupcakes at least once per month. They freeze great too.

• Visited September 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Maryland
“Worst Vegan Cupcake I Have Ever Had”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2013

Simply tasted wrong. I have had so very many tasty vegan cupcakes from Roots, Sticky Fingers, Mom's, Whole Foods...basically anywhere else I've ever seen one offered.

These were trash. Stiff, tasteless cake....something so wrong with the icing...perhaps it includes sawdust or caulk?

Do yourself a favor and look elsewhere if you want a decent vegan or GF cupcake.

• Visited September 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Virginia
“Lunch and Dessert...Gluten Free”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013

My wife and daughter are Gluten Free, which makes dining out difficult. Although not an extensive menu, the choices here are enough to make for a wonderful meal. Atmosphere is basic, but the food is great! I had Bombay Chicken with rice and plantains/beans. Very authentic Indian dish. The real reason we came was for the cupcakes, 22 GF choices (half of them also dairy free). The icing was creamy, not hard. An absolute delight!

• Visited June 2013