“Great walking location” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #11 of 59 Hotels in Baltimore
New York City, New York
“Great walking location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

Our corner room was very spacious and the A/C worked SO WELL - really appreciated coming into a cool room after walking around the inner harbor. Two short blocks from the main drag. Near enough to walk to Camden Yards and also on the Charm City Circulator free bus route so a trip up to the Mt Vernon neighborhood for great food and free museum was super easy. Nice people, great free breakfast. Pool and workout room are small, indoors for the pool, and could use some upgrade as far as equipment, but other than that, great spot.

Room Tip: 522 was a corner room - very nice big windows. View is only of the other hotels across the street t...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
HamptonInnerHarbor, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Baltimore Inner Harbor, responded to this review, July 10, 2013
Dear NYtraveler1234,

Thank you for choosing the Hampton Inn & Suites Inner-Harbor on your recent trip to Baltimore. After reading your comments, I am so happy to hear that our hotel team was so helpful during your visit.

We're thrilled to hear you were able to enjoy the historic charm, wonderful location and one of our corner rooms.

Ryan Urgo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
lutz, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2013

just great in price location, price, estras, great tea avlb 24 htrs in lobby. great breakfast. nice cool ac nice rooms and so clean, I loved it, ballet parking great too, lobby is comfortable, very clean. quick elevators.helpful personell at all times. view was fine. the cost was affordable. I spoke to breakfast team and the valet parking they were so courteous diversed and friendly., our last day was a gift we received from one of the vsllet gentleman that advised us to go to see the grotto outside md, that turnout to be a visual ans spiritual gift. go on continuing to keep a fine hotel affordable and with nice simple but practical great quality extras.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

HamptonInnerHarbor, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Baltimore Inner Harbor, responded to this review, July 5, 2013
Dear Luis T,

We're also thrilled to hear you were able to enjoy the historic charm and cultural depth of Baltimore.

charlotte, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2013

Great location, nice hotel, old style Baltimore. Two blocks from the inner harbor, Great place for busines and to take a family. Very accommodating clean hotel. Highly recommend this hotel to anyone that needs an inner harbor location

Dear Chase M,

We could not have said this any better ourselves!

We're thrilled to hear you were able to enjoy the historic charm, wonderful location and qualtiy or our hotel.

Boulder, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2013

We stayed here for 2 nights and were very pleasantly surprised. Very reasonable price for a clean and comfortable stay. The complementary breakfast was a surprise and was actually pretty good. $32/night for parking is stiff but what can you do? I would stay here again and recommend to others. No down side at all.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Daniel B,

Thank you for choosing the Hampton Inn & Suites Inner-Harbor on your recent trip to Baltimore, and taking the time to share your thoughts.

We're glad to hear you were able to enjoy the historic charm, wonderful location and amenities our hotel offers.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2013

Staff was very nice. The mattress was old and uneven, and the room smelled of cigarette smoke although it was a non smoking room. Location quite good, but the neighborhood is so-so. Restaurants nearby were not great and the hotel lacked at least a bar with some appetizers.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

HamptonInnerHarbor, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Baltimore Inner Harbor, responded to this review, July 1, 2013

Our goal is to exceed expectations for each guest that chooses to stay with us.

I hope that you will consider us the next time you are visiting Baltimore.

Please reach out to me directly if I can be of service.

Yours in hospitality,

A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013

Hotel was less than a minute walk to the Inner Harbor. Room was very large, beds and pillows were very comfortable as always! Room and bathroom very clean! Price was Great compared to other hotels in the same area. I paid $139 a night whereas the other hotels wanted $200. I would definitely recommend this hotel! The breakfast buffet was good too!

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you for choosing the Hampton Inn & Suites Inner-Harbor for your trip to Baltimore.

After reading your comments, I am so happy to hear that your enjoyed our hotel and the renovated lobby.

We feel as if our hotel is in a wonderful historical property in a great location with a responsive staff.

Toronto, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2013

It's a neat hotel; a converted century (or so) office tower that was a bank, and appears to have had a branch on the main floor. Lots of marble everywhere, high ceilings in the lobby. Usual Hampton breakfast, no surprises there. My room was on top floor, off a huge central area that likely used to be full of secretaries for the people that worked in the offices. Which is what my room appeared to be, complete with a transom over the door.

So that's all very cool. The bad news is that the A/C unit for the building appears to be mounted on the top floor (no surprise), and it is very, very, very loud. Louder than anything else I've experienced, and I travel almost weekly. As well, the A/C unit in my room was also very loud. The room itself was great, complete with a jacuzzi-style tub that I loved, but I'm glad I don't mind 'white noise' while I sleep.

Back to the good news, the location is great. Central to everything, a 5 minute walk at most to the harbor with lots of great dining options.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Dear furballs,

We appreciate your feedback regarding our facilities and will continue to make improvements. Our goal is to exceed expectations for each guest that chooses to stay with us.

John Bland opened our building as the United States Fidelity and Guarantee in 1906. Our Hampton Inn opened in 2004. The Inner Harbor is a great destination. I am glad you got to enjoy the dining and your overall stay.

I hope that you will join us the next time you are visiting Baltimore.

Please reach out to me directly if I can be of service.

Yours in hospitality,

Ryan Urgo

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites Baltimore Inner Harbor? Share your experiences!