“Great location for sightseeing downtown” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Book now and save 15%
Ranked #13 of 63 Hotels in Baltimore
Ashburn, Virginia
“Great location for sightseeing downtown”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2013

I was downtown for a volleyball tournament on Easter weekend. We had an end room on the second floor overlooking the road to the side of the hotel (rooms at the back face an alley) and had minimal noise from outside. No complaints there! The lobby was under construction was the only snafu we had. My son and I took the stairs down to the lobby, only to find out we couldn't get out at the lobby level as it was encased in plastic. But it will look lovely when it's done! Breakfast was typical of every Hampton but the hosts were wonderful. It was in the basement due to the work in the lobby. I didn't use the valet. I parked myself for $40 Friday - Sunday at a local garage. The location of the hotel was wonderful as we could walk easily to Inner Harbor, Little Italy and the convention center where the tournament was located. Would stay there again!

Room Tip: No rooms really have any sort of view - you are either looking at the Springhill Suites across the s...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
HamptonInnerHarbor, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Baltimore Inner Harbor, responded to this review, April 18, 2013
Dear leejay,

Thank you for choosing the Hampton Inn & Suites Inner-Harbor for your stay during the tournament. After reading your comments, I am so happy to hear that you enjoyed the location and team. The upgrade is almost done and we are back in the lobby-beautiful!

Thank you for your business and feedback, and I hope to see you again on your next trip to the Baltimore area! Please feel free to reach out to me directly for any future reservation needs.

Ryan Urgo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
usa
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2013

I stayed here 6 nights for a conference. This is a very basic hotel, the rooms are clan but very simple. There is no safe box in the room. The bathroom is also clean but basic. The breakfast is included again very basic. It is very affordable though. One thing that was disturbing is that shower makes a terrible noise so if somebody in the room next to you is taking shower at 5 a. m. you will know about it. This happened to me every morning. I have to highlight that the front desk is very nice and helpful.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
HamptonInnerHarbor, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Baltimore Inner Harbor, responded to this review, April 15, 2013
Thank you for your feedback. We apologize that you were not completely satisfied with your experience here at the Hampton Inn & Suites Baltimore Inner Harbor. Your satisfaction is very important to us, and we strive to ensure that all of our guests enjoy an exceptional stay.

I will share both your positive comments about the hotel and thoughts about the service. We appreciate your feedback regarding our facilities and will continue to make improvements. Our goal is to exceed expectations for each guest that chooses to stay with us.

I hope that you will consider us the next time you are visiting Baltimore. Please reach out to me directly if I can be of service.

Robbinsville, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2013

My friend and I stayed here from April 6-8 for a girl's getaway trip. The hotel staff was very friendly - the front desk staff was cheerful, helpful and accommodated us staying on a higher floor. We stayed on the 5th floor and the noise was minimal. We did hear other doors closing on the floor and once I heard fire truck sirens in the middle of the night. Our view was of an abandoned building, not the best, but we weren't in the room long enough to care much or notice. Valet did take a while, but not a terrible wait, maybe 20 mins each time. The only disruption we had to our stay was the lobby was being worked on while we were there, and we had to pass through the construction to get to breakfast. At one point the paint fumes were so strong, we had to hold our breath while using the public restroom! The work was supposed to be completed by the time we arrived but apparently they weren't finished. However, work didn't go on during the weekend so it was just for the morning that it was an issue. The breakfast was good, and the staff there was very attentive. Overall, the room was clean, the location was great. And even though on Saturday night there were police cars stationed at every corner from the Inner Harbor to the hotel, there was a helicopter with a search light on, and the valet said 'Oh yeah, this happens every Saturday night, welcome to Baltimore, I liked the hotel and would stay here again.

Room Tip: I would wait to stay here again until the lobby work is completed; the paint fumes were strong!
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Sunflwer711,

Thank you for choosing the Hampton Inn & Suites Inner-Harbor on your recent trip to the Baltimore area.

After reading your comments regarding your time with us, I wanted to apologize that the lobby upgrades impacted your stay. We look forward to having you back once the refresh is completed.

We will use your feedback to improve our overall level of service and ensure current and future guests experience the best possible accommodations when choosing our property and Baltimore.

Thank you for your business, and taking the time to provide feedback on your stay.

A TripAdvisor Member
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2013

Had a great stay. Family enjoyed it. The room was a nice size. It was updated and very clean. The staff was very helpful. Breakfast was ok. It's very close to many attractions, so once you park you don't have to move your car again. The Lobby is in the middle of being renovated, nevertheless it was still clean and not a major eyesore. We would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

We are glad you had a great stay and your family enjoyed their visit.

We look forward to completing our refresh and welcoming you back.

Please reach out to me directly if I can be of service.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

Clean room and good price for a family of 6. We were walking distance to the inner harbor and the hotel staff was very friendly. Had a good internet connection in the room and very good breakfast every morning. Good value for the money.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

We are thrilled you had a great stay and your family enjoyed their visit here with us in Baltimore, and appreciate the opportunity to serve you.

There are many wonderful attractions within walking distance, and we are glad you had the opportunity to enjoy them.

Please reach out to me directly if I can be of service.

North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2013

Very spacious king room, with small fridge and microwave. Staff very friendly. Instead of paying a higher rate to eat with all the tourists on the harbor, eat in the Gallery Mall food court across from harbor on Pratt street, and you can save money and have a good view.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear weezee42,

Thank you for choosing the Hampton Inn & Suites Inner-Harbor on your recent trip to Baltimore. After reading your comments, I am so happy to hear that you enjoyed our hotel and team.

We feel as if our Hotel is in a wonderful historical property in a great location with a responsive staff.

I will share you positive comments about the hotel.

Charlotte, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2013

I recently stayed at the Hampton Inn Baltimore Inner Harbor pre-cruise. The hotel is in a great location, only 2 blocks from Inner Harbor. The walk was easy and not too congested.
The main disadvantage is parking - there is none, and valet is $31 per day! That being said, valet service was very fast.
The hotel itself is very clean. They were refurbishing the lobby, but this was not a problem, nor did it cause any trouble.
The building is old, perhaps an old bank or something. The rooms were spacious enough, and extremely clean. Front desk service was excellent. The bathrooms were very large.
The morning breakfast was ok, nothing special. Typical Hampton Inn fare.
Overall, a great stay that was clean, efficient and great.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
HamptonInnerHarbor, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Baltimore Inner Harbor, responded to this review, April 16, 2013
Dear PSBChris,

After reading your comments, I am so happy to hear that you enjoyed our service, location and historical charm. The valet team works hard to provide service and convenience.

Our building was built in 1906 as the United States Fidelity & Guarantee Building, and opened as a Hampton Inn & Suites in 2004.

I will share your positive comments with the team.

Ryan Urgo

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites Baltimore Inner Harbor? Share your experiences!