“pros and cons” 3 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
philadelphia
“pros and cons”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2013

We stayed 2 nights over spring break (March, 2013). The pros...nice staff (even the worker carrying a plunger looked happy), good free breakfast including waffles, eggs, sausage, cereal, pastries, yogurt. Good location just 2 blocks up from the harbor across from Marriott Springhill suites. This is a safe quick walk. There is lots of traffic on the streets of Baltimore's inner harbor but it felt very safe because of the electronic signs indicating when it was safe to cross. There is security and police everywhere. Almost made me wonder why so many? There are free buses that travel all over the city (different lines) called The Charm City Circulator. Parking is expensive so it's a great way to travel til about 7pm. They were clean and nice. There is a map of where the bus routes go at the visitors center next to the Maryland Science Center. Fort McHenry was cheap.. 7 dollars for adults, kids free. It was cool to walk around. The Constellation ship was also cool to see. The Power plant live was quiet when we were there because it was cold but it looked like a fun place to hang out.

The cons....There are spots in the city where it didn't seem so safe but close to the inner harbor felt very safe. We saw panhandlers all over but they kept moving and didn't bother anyone. The hotel lobby was under construction so there was dust in the air. There was a lot of noise all day long. It was amusing to see water pouring out of the light fixture one morning. Perhaps a new water feature in the lobby? The hotel made the best of dealing with the construction and set up the lower level conference room for breakfast/lounge. Valet parking was expensive at $32 but it's expensive everywhere and I don't think I would want to walk too far away from hotel with all of our bags. This hotel was fine, not great. Would not pay more than $130 to stay here.

Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
HamptonInnerHarbor, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Baltimore Inner Harbor, responded to this review, May 28, 2013
Dear 3kidstogo,

Thank you for your feedback. We apologize that you were not completely satisfied with your experience here at the Hampton Inn & Suites Baltimore Inner Harbor.

Your satisfaction is very important to us, and we strive to ensure that all of our guests enjoy an exceptional stay. I will share both your positive comments about the service and thoughts about the hotel.

We appreciate your feedback regarding our facilities and will continue to make improvements. Our goal is to exceed expectations for each guest that chooses to stay with us. The new lobby provides a wonderful setting for breakfast and really enhances the hotel.

I hope that you will consider us the next time you are visiting Baltimore. Please reach out to me directly if I can be of service.

Yours in hospitality,

Ryan Urgo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here two nights and it was decent. Staff and valet were great, we left a bag in our jeep and they went and got it with our permission. My son accidentally bought movies on the TV and they removed the charges without question. The hotel is under remodeling so it didn't look great, but that's no big deal. The breakfast was filling and I like that the fitness center was 24 hours. The building is solid and you don't hear any city noise at night, we slept great. My only dislike is that the pool was freezing cold. Other than that it was nice.

• Stayed March 2013
HamptonInnerHarbor, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Baltimore Inner Harbor, responded to this review, June 10, 2013
Dear Yummycheckers,

Thank you for choosing the Hampton Inn & Suites Inner-Harbor on your recent trip to Baltimore. After reading your comments, I am so happy to hear that our hotel team was so helpful during your visit.

I will share you positive comments about the hotel and team.

Please feel free to reach out to me directly for any future reservation needs.

Chambersburg, PA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013

Very clean, breakfast was great. Close to inner harbor and Camden Yards. Valet parking was pricey at $29/night but no more than other hotels in Baltimore. Within walking distance of several restaurants, (there is no restaurant in the hotel.) Will definitely stay again!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
HamptonInnerHarbor, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Baltimore Inner Harbor, responded to this review, May 20, 2013
Thank you for choosing the Hampton Inn & Suites Inner-Harbor on your recent trip to Baltimore. After reading your comments, I am so happy to hear that you enjoyed our hotel.

We feel as if our Hotel is in a wonderful historical property in a great location with a responsive staff.

I will share you positive comments about the hotel.

Please feel free to reach out to me directly for any future reservation needs.

Paterson, JJ
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2013

we are frequent guest of this hotel everything is always to our liking. customer service is great. Staff is very engaging. This is our home away from home!

The rooms are very clean, spacious and welcoming!!! I love the location

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
HamptonInnerHarbor, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Baltimore Inner Harbor, responded to this review, June 13, 2013
Dear tygaslady,

Welcome home! Thank you for always choosing the Hampton Inn & Suites Inner-Harbor on your trips to Baltimore.

We appreciate your feedback regarding our hotel. Our goal is to exceed expectations for each guest that chooses to stay with us.

Please reach out to me directly if I can be of service.

Abington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2013

I stayed at the Hampton Inn for 2 nights while in town for a business seminar that was being held at the Radisson that was a few blocks away. I had originally booked a room to stay at that hotel but after reading the reviews which were not great in regards to cleanliness I changed to Hampton Inn.

I have stayed at other Hampton Inn’s in the past so I was comfortable staying there. The hotel was easy to find. It has valet parking and the attendant was very pleasant. The parking was $32 a night, which was a little steep I thought. But I was able to leave my car at the hotel until 5 pm on the day I checked out. I was still in a seminar at the Radisson until 4 that day. I was able to check out and leave my luggage in the valet area, so I was very pleased with that.

I had a king room and it was a nice size, including the bathroom, and it was very clean. There was a big TV with a decent number of channel listings, more then I have gotten in other hotels. Also, the AC unit was digitally controlled so you can set the temp. It wasn’t one of those big noisy ones under the window that only had high and low settings.

The breakfast area was clean and had the usually options of hot and cold items. They did change out the types of eggs and breakfast meat from one day to the next so it wasn’t exactly the same. Like all Hampton Inns I have stayed in there are not restaurants or room service in the hotel. The hotel was close to the Inner Harbor, however I stayed in February when it was really cold. I was also traveling by myself so I didn’t try to walk to the harbor for dinner. There was a fridge and microwave in the room, which I always look for.

The only negative I have is that the room was a non-smoking room, clearly marked on the outside, however as soon as I opened the door I could smell smoke. It wasn’t too strong but I did notice it at first. Since it wasn’t bad I did not ask to change rooms.

I also want to mention a pizza place that I ordered dinner from on my first night. It was Little Italy Pizzeria. I found an ad in the hotels info book. It say fast delivery so I decided to order form there. Big, big, big mistake. DO NOT ORDER from there. I called at 7:30 pm on a Wed evening. The person who answered the phone was very rude. Told me it would take about an hour. Since I wasn’t too hungry just then I said ok. But seriously, why an hour that late on a Wed night? It actually took 2 hours for them to get there, and that was ridiculous. The place was a mile from the hotel. So of course when I got the pizza it was barely luke warm and it was BAD. If you need to order a pizza or something, order Domino’s, so much better.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
howell
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2013

The location is good as it is in walking distance to the Inner Harbor. The lobby was under construction so hard to fairly comment on that. The room was BIG and nicely equipped with fridge and microwave and kitchen sink. Bathroom was average. I liked the separate sink area. Everything was clean! The indoor pool is a nice feature that I always appreciate, I really wish there was a hot tub too! After all the walking around Baltimore, a hot tub would have been divine! Bring your own towels or room towels - the towels provided at the pool are tiny! The tv in our room didn't work properly and when we called desk, they never sent anyone to fix it. This was a major disappointment. The sofa bed was crappy; missing springs, cheap mattress, etc... I requested extra towels and pillows when I made my reservation as I was traveling with 2 kids and they failed to honor that request. I called for more towels and they did bring some up, but no extra hand towels or wash cloths. The free breakfast is a plus. Its not four star dining but you can definitely find something to satisfy. When I was there the dining area was packed! Go early if you have to be out on time. All in all...can't beat the price for the location and amenities but be prepared to make some concessions on service and quality.

LANGHORNE
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

freindly staff, good location for walking to Inner Harbor. enjoyed the indoor pool for some excerise.
would stay again
Rates were better than several others in area
Free breakfast is always a draw for us and it was decent. Staff even made the waffles for you if you wanted.

Room Tip: studio suite was very roomy