“Business Trip - nice stay” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Book now and save 15%
Ranked #14 of 68 hotels in Baltimore
Abington
“Business Trip - nice stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2013

I stayed at the Hampton Inn for 2 nights while in town for a business seminar that was being held at the Radisson that was a few blocks away. I had originally booked a room to stay at that hotel but after reading the reviews which were not great in regards to cleanliness I changed to Hampton Inn.

I have stayed at other Hampton Inn’s in the past so I was comfortable staying there. The hotel was easy to find. It has valet parking and the attendant was very pleasant. The parking was $32 a night, which was a little steep I thought. But I was able to leave my car at the hotel until 5 pm on the day I checked out. I was still in a seminar at the Radisson until 4 that day. I was able to check out and leave my luggage in the valet area, so I was very pleased with that.

I had a king room and it was a nice size, including the bathroom, and it was very clean. There was a big TV with a decent number of channel listings, more then I have gotten in other hotels. Also, the AC unit was digitally controlled so you can set the temp. It wasn’t one of those big noisy ones under the window that only had high and low settings.

The breakfast area was clean and had the usually options of hot and cold items. They did change out the types of eggs and breakfast meat from one day to the next so it wasn’t exactly the same. Like all Hampton Inns I have stayed in there are not restaurants or room service in the hotel. The hotel was close to the Inner Harbor, however I stayed in February when it was really cold. I was also traveling by myself so I didn’t try to walk to the harbor for dinner. There was a fridge and microwave in the room, which I always look for.

The only negative I have is that the room was a non-smoking room, clearly marked on the outside, however as soon as I opened the door I could smell smoke. It wasn’t too strong but I did notice it at first. Since it wasn’t bad I did not ask to change rooms.

I also want to mention a pizza place that I ordered dinner from on my first night. It was Little Italy Pizzeria. I found an ad in the hotels info book. It say fast delivery so I decided to order form there. Big, big, big mistake. DO NOT ORDER from there. I called at 7:30 pm on a Wed evening. The person who answered the phone was very rude. Told me it would take about an hour. Since I wasn’t too hungry just then I said ok. But seriously, why an hour that late on a Wed night? It actually took 2 hours for them to get there, and that was ridiculous. The place was a mile from the hotel. So of course when I got the pizza it was barely luke warm and it was BAD. If you need to order a pizza or something, order Domino’s, so much better.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business

475 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
howell
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2013

The location is good as it is in walking distance to the Inner Harbor. The lobby was under construction so hard to fairly comment on that. The room was BIG and nicely equipped with fridge and microwave and kitchen sink. Bathroom was average. I liked the separate sink area. Everything was clean! The indoor pool is a nice feature that I always appreciate, I really wish there was a hot tub too! After all the walking around Baltimore, a hot tub would have been divine! Bring your own towels or room towels - the towels provided at the pool are tiny! The tv in our room didn't work properly and when we called desk, they never sent anyone to fix it. This was a major disappointment. The sofa bed was crappy; missing springs, cheap mattress, etc... I requested extra towels and pillows when I made my reservation as I was traveling with 2 kids and they failed to honor that request. I called for more towels and they did bring some up, but no extra hand towels or wash cloths. The free breakfast is a plus. Its not four star dining but you can definitely find something to satisfy. When I was there the dining area was packed! Go early if you have to be out on time. All in all...can't beat the price for the location and amenities but be prepared to make some concessions on service and quality.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
LANGHORNE
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

freindly staff, good location for walking to Inner Harbor. enjoyed the indoor pool for some excerise.
would stay again
Rates were better than several others in area
Free breakfast is always a draw for us and it was decent. Staff even made the waffles for you if you wanted.

Room Tip: studio suite was very roomy
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Greenville
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013

This is one of the best downtown hotels I have ever stayed @ in all of my 45 years of business travel. The staff makes you feel like family from the time you get out of the cab until you get back in to leave. The booms are Clean, Quite, Roomy. Bathrooms are Bright, Safe w/Gab bars, non-slip floor in showers, Corian sink set in granite vanity.
The hotel has an indoor pool, exercise room, business center, conference room, GREAT Breakfast and light filled three (3) story lobby

Room Tip: Any room in the hotel is a good choice. The soundproofing installed when the re-buildth made the p...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2013 via mobile

We stayed during a holiday weekend. Rates were a little pricey, but worth it!! When we arrived the computers were down. Melissa at the front desk greeted us with a smile, she was at her customer service business!! clearly it had been a long day for her but she had our family checked in within 15 min and assigned to rooms 736 and 738, which are two large connecting rooms with 2 queen size beds in each room in addition to pull outs. Plenty of space between the two rooms. I highly recommend these rooms if traveling as large family. On this stay they had more staff working durning the morning complimentary breakfast hours so the tables were cleared in a timely fashion. Looking forward to our next visit.

Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
kingston on canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2013

the hotel was very clean, very close to inner harbour, there was alot of places to eat nearby, pool was clean and the lifeguard was friendly. the bed were very comfy, the view from our room wasnt the best but we were only there pre criuse anyway.The hot breakfast buffet exceeded my expectations. I had booked this directly with the hotel at first then got a better price with hotels.com. i usually like to book direct but couldnt resist the price. either way my son and i were treated the same by staff and were very happy with our 1 night stay.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2013

Had a terrific experience here when traveling for business-beautiful, clean hotel in an historic building. The staff was very friendly and helpful. Yes, parking is expensive but this is downtown, where parking is always at a premium. However the valets were very quick and always present, so it worked out fine. It would be nice if there were some subsidy for paying hotel guests, but I doubt the hotel owns the parking lot. The area can be a little rough at night, and I was glad to not have to walk from another parking lot.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites Baltimore Inner Harbor? Share your experiences!