“Very Nice Hotel, Two Blocks from Inner Harbor” 4 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
Best of Baltimore Offer
Ranked #17 of 61 Hotels in Baltimore
Fredericksburg, Virginia
“Very Nice Hotel, Two Blocks from Inner Harbor”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2013

I spent a weekend at this Hampton in January. It is a very nice Hampton Inn that is a couple of blocks from the Inner Harbor. The staff is friendly and the room was very clean and comfortable. There is a decent indoor pool and a small, but well equipped, workout room. Our only complaint was the breakfast area seemed a little cramped and crowded (a result of the hotel being in the city with a limited footprint I'm sure).

We were fortunate enough to be upgraded to a king bed "suite". Basically, it was a little bigger room with a king bed and pull out couch. The bed was comfortable and the room was quiet. There was a small refrigerator and a microwave. One convenient feature was the bathroom arrangement, with sink in an alcove of the main room, so one person can wash up or brush teeth while another family member is showering.

There are a couple of things to watch out for. First, it is 2 blocks from the Inner Harbor, so you have to walk through some city streets. Remember you are in the middle of the big city, so it might be a little scary late at night walking back to the hotel. Second, they only have valet parking for $32 per night. It was a little pricey, so I parked in a public garage nearby (If you do this, be sure to check the garage hours; some are not open 24 hours. I parked in one at 100 East Pratt St. that was convenient and open 24 hours. You'll save $8 to $12 per night doing this.)

Overall this was a very nice hotel in a neat area of Baltimore. I'd stay here again.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
HamptonInnerHarbor, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Baltimore Inner Harbor, responded to this review, January 31, 2013
Dear KwajTom,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your experience at the Hampton Inn & Suites Baltimore Inner Harbor. I am pleased to see you enjoyed your overall experience at our property, and were able to enjoy some of the benefits our property's location.

Thank you for your business, and for taking time to share your experience at our property. We hope to see you again on your next trip to the Baltimore area!

Do not hesitate to reach out to me directly for help with your next visit to the Baltimore Inner Harbor.

Ryan Urgo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (65)
Glen Ridge
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

The room was a fine size for a city. I could actually walk around the bed. The bed itself was comfortable but made a LOT of noise when I even moved a little bit. The location was great for shopping, dining and site seeing. The hotel itself was nice and breakfast was the normal Hampton Inn food (that is a good thing).

The temp didn't go below 74 even though I played with the thermometer (I reported this in the morning and it was fixed). The shower temp was backwards (hot was cold) and I also reported that (hopefully they fixed that as well).

The valet checking in a was a little rude. I parked and was waiting for him to give me my ticket as he was assisting a truck backing out. As the truck pulled out another car pulled up and he took her first even though I was waiting. I guess she was better looking than me.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
HamptonInnerHarbor, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Baltimore Inner Harbor, responded to this review, January 28, 2013
Dear ahbaggins:

Thank you for your feedback regarding your experience at the Hampton Inn & Suites Baltimore Inner Harbor. I am pleased to see you enjoyed your overall experience at our property, and were able to enjoy some of the benefits our property's location and history has to offer.

Our staff takes pride in service, so I will be sure to share your comments with our team. Responding to guests requests while they are on property and after their stay is critical to us.

Milan, Italy
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2013 via mobile

So far this chain has been a hit every time!
Big rooms, good beds, clean sheets and free high speed wifi.
Also the hot breakfast is included in the price. Fruit, cereals, yoghurt and coffee are great. The eggs are powdered eggs (so dry and tasteless), the meat patties are 'mysterious' ... to say the least. Waffles can be prepared on the spot (obviously with pre-made mix). I will continue to battle the paper plates and plastic cutlery at this chain, but I guess it is part of the business model, so you might wanna ignore that comment.

This hampton in particular is located in a fantastic historic building at 3 min from the inner harbour. Staff was efficient and super friendly!

Great hotel for business, weekend, family or romantic gettaway! (Baltimore have been a discovery to!)

Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Greetings SimonDesmet:

Thank you for your feedback regarding your experience at the Hampton Inn & Suites Baltimore Inner Harbor. I am pleased to see you enjoyed your experience at our property, and were able to enjoy some of the benefits our property's location and history has to offer. Our staff takes pride in service, so I will be sure to share your comments with our team!

Silver Spring, Maryland, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2012

I stayed here for a wedding recently and had quite the experience. While getting ready, another Groomsmen and myself had buttons fall off our tuxedos. We went down to the front desk hoping to find garment pins to hold the buttons on our jackets. Unfortunately they did not have garment pins, but they did have Gabby. Gabby, one of the workers at the concierge desk, went above and beyond for us. Gabby offered to sew the buttons back on for us and did a wonderful job. She helped us avoid disaster for the day. On top of Gabby, the hotel has clean rooms, comfortable beds, and a great breakfast spread. I would definitely recommend staying here, and make sure to say Hello to Gabby.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
HamptonInnerHarbor, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Baltimore Inner Harbor, responded to this review, December 18, 2012
Dear WStaples:

Thank you for choosing the Hampton Inn & Suites Inner-Harbor on your recent trip to Baltimore. After reading your comments, I am so happy to hear that our hotel team was so helpful during your visit, especially Gabby.

I will share you positive comments about the hotel and Gabby.

Please feel free to reach out to me directly for any future reservation needs.

New York City, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2012

Walking distance to the tourist magnet (Inner Harbor.) Architecturally interesting with high ceilings in rooms and lobby. They have a water cooler with "orange" flavored water which was refreshing. They serve standard complimentary breakfast with waffles, eggs and other average semi-edibles. Our room was spacious and clean but the corridor outside smelled of smoke and looked dingy. The bathroom was tiny but clean. Our shower made a terrible racket when turned on (it sounded like the ceiling would come crashing down with the thumping sound) but was hot and had good pressure.

My real problem with this hotel came from the lady at the front desk. She was extremely rude and unhelpful over the simplest of requests. I asked her for an extra room key (she only gave us one) and she flat out refused. Said she had to "save" them for other guests. No apology for any inconvenience caused. No solution offered. Just a flat no...and that was just one example.

As somebody who stayed here for only one night and spent most of the time outside the hotel, this place worked but calling it anything above average would be unfair.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
HamptonInnerHarbor, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Baltimore Inner Harbor, responded to this review, December 4, 2012
Dear SunshineGi:

Thank you for your feedback. We apologize that you were not completely satisfied with your experience here at the Hampton Inn & Suites Baltimore Inner Harbor. Your satisfaction is very important to us, and we strive to ensure that all of our guests enjoy an exceptional stay.

I will share both your positive comments about the hotel and thoughts about the service. We appreciate your feedback regarding our service and will continue to make improvements. Our goal is to exceed expectations for each guest that chooses to stay with us.

I hope that you will consider us the next time you are visiting Baltimore. Please reach out to me directly if I can be of service.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2012

I loved this hotel! It looked so old and historical on the outside and beautiful on the inside, and was in a prime location in walking distance to the inner harbor. Our room was very comfortable and very clean, and the king size bed was great! The room itself was tiny, but when you are dealing with old properties, you make it work. That didn't bother me at all, we weren't there very much. The bathroom was spacious though, and had good water pressure.
I love the free WiFi, it worked great, it was helpful for making our plans. The TV was also a nice big screen.
I was surprised a little at the reception we got when we arrived. She was a little snooty, but we got all checked in and everything else was great. We didn't take advantage of the breakfast unfortunately, but it looked good.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
HamptonInnerHarbor, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Baltimore Inner Harbor, responded to this review, December 3, 2012
Dear njkrisko:

We're thrilled to hear you were able to enjoy the quality and historic charm of our hotel.

I will share your positive comments about the hotel and thoughts about the check-in. We appreciate your feedback regarding our service and will continue to make improvements. Our goal is to exceed expectations for each guest that chooses to stay with us.

Thank you for your business and feedback, and I hope to see you again on your next trip to the Baltimore area! Please feel free to reach out to me directly for any future reservation needs.

Sherman, Connecticut
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012 via mobile

Totally comfortable, large room with nice decor two blocks from the harbor. It's a converted bank building with high ceilings, attractive common spaces and good architecture. Our room had pristine bedding, soft pillows and a large flat screen TV. When people in the next room began to throw a party around midnight, the staff immediately paid them a visit and solved the problem. Complimentary breakfast was ample and well prepared with fruit, eggs, bacon, oatmeal, bagels and much more.

• Stayed November 2012
HamptonInnerHarbor, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Baltimore Inner Harbor, responded to this review, November 29, 2012
Dear ManhattanAdwoman-

Thank you for choosing the Hampton Inn & Suites Inner-Harbor on your recent trip to Baltimore. After reading your comments, I am so happy to hear that our hotel was a great fit for you during your visit.

We're thrilled to hear you were able to enjoy the breakfast and quality of the room. We feel as if our Hotel is in a wonderful historical property in a great location with a responsive staff. I will share you positive comments about the hotel and their response to your concern.

Please feel free to reach out to me directly for any future reservation needs.