“First time/Last time” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Indigo Baltimore

You added Hotel Indigo Baltimore to your Saves list
Hotel Indigo Baltimore
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   24 West Franklin Street, Baltimore, MD 21201 (Formerly Mount Vernon Hotel) (Downtown)   |
Ranked #41 of 59 Hotels in Baltimore
Brockton, Massachusetts
“First time/Last time”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2014

My husband and I stayed here in November of 2013, we were in town for the Tow Expo down at the Conf. Center. It wasn't too bad inside, clean but a bit outdated. The area is not the best when the lights go off. The hotel is located next to what seems to be a family shelter in which you must pass to get into the hotel. People crowding the sidewalks, loud, obnoxious behavior. The staff were very kind, helpful, and courteous. The breakfast was great, overall it was ok but I wouldn't recommend it. Different area, I'd stay again.

Room Tip: Corner rooms seem to be larger but not much of a view at all.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
gmmountvernon, General Manager at Hotel Indigo Baltimore, responded to this review, June 16, 2014
Thank you for your review of the Mt. Vernon Hotel Baltimore. I am pleased to hear of your stay with us in November. The neighbor is one of Baltimore's most historic and is really on the rise, what I can say with confidence is the issues you encountered outside are not a regular occurrence. Although the streets are busy we don't have non guests loitering around the building.

Jared Martin

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (76)
Taipei
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2014

I stayed at this hotel for three nights in late May 2014. Upon entering the hotel, there was a piano in the lobby, and I believed it used to be a classy hotel (although the engravings outside the hotel did say former YMCA..). The rooms (and restrooms)were larger than expected, but they were musty and dusty. It had your usual amenities in the room. The bed was comfy, and luckily I did not encounter bed bugs as mentioned in other reviews. Other than that, the rooms were old, and the hallways were a bit on the dingy side. I had read about the safety concerns of the neighborhood and was a little bit anxious, but I also did not encounter any swat teams or heard of thefts in the hotel. On the upside, there was complimentary continental breakfast and really saves the trouble of walking out in the neighborhood in the mornings to search for that cup of coffee. The food was plentiful, always served hot, but it was nothing to write home about. The location was convenient to the major sites in Mt. Vernon, within walking distance to Metro and Inner Harbor and had the charm city circulator stop nearby. The hotel is right beside the Baltimore Basilica, America's first cathedral, so be sure to stop by. All in all, it was a budget hotel, value for the money (your average 80 dollars hotel) , and pretty good if you don't have high expectations.

Room Tip: all rooms are pretty much the same, old and musty.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for your review of the Mt. Vernon hotel Baltimore. I am pleased to hear of your positive experience staying with us. We are working hard on making sure we put our best foot forward for each and every guest. We are also very excited that we will be receiving a full renovation and becoming a Hotel Indigo with a re-launch date somewhere in the Spring of 2015. Hopefully we will see you again when we are fully renovated and you can enjoy all the hotel has to offer.

New York City, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2014

I stayed at the hotel for a convention with two teenagers. The hotel is not in the safest of neighborhoods. Plus when I arrived, I was informed by other guests that the swat team was there the night before searching for some one staying at the hotel. Further, the night that I stayed in the hotel, a car of a guest was broken into. I witnessed first hand the grief of the guests confronting the general manager at the time, who was not helpful. In addition, even though I reserved the Suite, it should not be called that because it was old and not adequately cleaned. The linens looked like there were there and weren't washed for a few months... just simply horrible...I do not recommend this hotel to anyone who is used to a higher standard with budget hotels

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
gmmountvernon, General Manager at Hotel Indigo Baltimore, responded to this review, May 31, 2014
Thank you for your review of the Mt. Vernon Hotel Baltimore. I am so sorry to hear of your experience while staying with us. Myself and the current management company of the hotel are very new and were not in place during your stay. That being said we take the safety and security of our guests as our top priority. Obviously the hotel failed to meet those and other basic expectations for your stay. We are working and will continue to work until we get all these issues rectified and provide the experience all our guests deserve. Your input is very helpful thank you and once again I am sorry for your experience during your visit.

Choctaw oklahoma
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

I had a party of 4 attended a workshop for 4 days in Baltimore and made reservations for them at this hotel. I had confirmations from the hotel. Upon arrival I had no rooms, none were available in the downtown area so the hotel put them up in service quarters, we're talking maintenance room with bunk beds. The did not charge for the room. The desk clerk said they might have rooms for the remainder of the stay but nothing definite. Ended up staying at the Hilton for the remainder of the stay. Some of the party got sick from the complimentary breakfast.

Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Thank you for your review of the Mt. Vernon Hotel Baltimore. I am sorry to hear of your employees disappointing experience with us recently. We did experience some issues with our booking system and unfortunately did have some cases where we were not able to accommodate all the reserved guest rooms. The rooms your employees were placed in are part of our inventory but typically utilized by long term groups. Once again I apologize and we are confident we have rectified the issues with the system.

Redwood City, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2014

We were in Baltimore for a college graduation. I had stayed at this hotel about a year and a half ago and was pleased with it. I had no problems this time either. The staff was friendly and helpful and any issues were promptly corrected. I parked one night in the underground garage but decided to park in the garage across the street because it was very difficult to maneuver a 7 passenger minivan in the tight space. I was not charged for that one night. They have a decent free breakfast from 7 to 10am (clearly stated in all their literature as the only time the cafe is open). No matter as there must be at least a dozen very nice restaurants within a three block radius. Good stay for a good price.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for your review of the Mt. Vernon Hotel Baltimore. I am so very pleased to hear of your stay with us recently. We are working hard to make sure we eliminate any issues our guests may have and be proactive in the future to avoid them as well. Hopefully we will see you again in the future for your next visit.

New York City, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2014

I stayed here once for a business trip, I stayed one night and left! It was a horrible experience!!! I would not recommend at all. The room smelled moldy, it was dark and the bed did not appear to be clean. Checked out the next morning

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for your review of the Mt. Vernon Hotel Baltimore. I am sorry to hear of your experience at the hotel. It seems that your stay was coming up on a year ago June 2013, we would love for you to give us another chance. If that was an error and you stayed more recently I would again hope that you give us another chance we are working very hard to deliver a well maintained clean and friendly environment.

Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2014

The bad:
- We booked a two king beds room for three people and the first night were put in a single king bed room due to "overbooking". The desk clerk went on and on about how they were being nice to provide a roll away bed for free when they normally charge for it until we pointed out that she was putting us in a lesser room than we had reserved. Unfortunately, when we got to the room and the rollaway bed was delivered, we found that there was no room at all to place the rollaway bed without having to crawl over it to get to the bathroom. One of our family members had to stay in a different place that first night until we were moved.
- The toilet in our second room didn't look like it had been cleaned in quite awhile though the rest of the room was clean.
- WiFi was extremely sporatic with my sister having to work one night in the bathroom since that was the only place she could get a connection, including in the "business center". This "business center" is a moldy-smelling room with an ancient HP Compaq computer that will only connect to a few websites. I was unable to check my e-mail while there.

The good:
- The two king beds room was very large and comfortable with a huge bathroom and dressing area
- The hotel is in a central location within close walking distance to good restaurants and where taxis are easily hailed
- The free hot breakfast was nice and plentiful even towards the end of the serving time
- Most of the staff were friendly and helpful

Room Tip: Be aware that there are only two rooms with two king sized beds in them and the hotel tends to overb...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for your review of the Mt. Vernon Hotel Baltimore. I am so very disappointed to hear of your experience with us. Quite plainly stated we failed to deliver what you paid for and expected. We have had some serious issues with our booking systems, and we have since rectified those. I hope that you will give us another chance down the road to wow you with our service and experience.

Jared Martin

Been to Hotel Indigo Baltimore? Share your experiences!