“Best crabcake” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #68 of 1,672 Restaurants in Baltimore
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Sandwiches, Pub
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Outdoor Seating
Description: Now serving Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner!! Peter's Pour House, a classic American Pub, has been a Baltimore institution since its opening in 1974. Peter's, as it's affectionately known, has a welcoming atmosphere appealing to locals, the business crowd and tourists alike. Our menu has something for everyone at affordable prices. In the heart of Downtown Baltimore and north of the Inner Harbor, Peter's Pour House is open seven days a week serving great food and cold beer in a casual dining atmosphere. Come see what the locals have enjoyed since 1974. We're not embarrassed to tell our age but we won't ask yours.
Baltimore, Maryland
“Best crabcake”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

This alley bar has great crabcakes. but not great if you are in a hurry. Enjoy!

Visited July 2012

Baltimore, MD
“Great place downtown”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2012

We ended up here for lunch on a Monday when Water Street Tavern was closed. I'm so glad we saw this place and decided to give it a try. We sat outside and the service was great. We were actually able to get back to work in an hour which is nearly impossible downtown. My co-worker and I ordered 2 of the specials that day, tomato stuffed with shrimp salad served with hard boiled egg and provolone cheese and a steak sandwich with fries. Both sounded so good we decided to split them. The food was delicous and reasonably priced for the quality. The only thing I wasn't impressed with was the tea, it didn't taste as fresh as I would have liked but that is so minor I'll definitely be back!

• Visited April 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Wilmington, Delaware
“A real-life "Cheers" at Peter's Pour House”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2012

Peter's Pour Hours is a true neighborhood bar with great food. On my visit at 6 pm on a weekday, was the afterwork hangout for people finishing up in downtown Baltimore. The place physically looks much like the bar in the old TV series Cheers. The bartenders are constantly buzzing the bar and the dining room floor, getting drinks and food orders to patrons. They run an all-the-time special of 32oz. Yuengling drafts in a big plastic cup for $5. In addition to the regular menu, is a long list of daily specials like the one I had (Blackened Grilled Salmon with veg and a salad $11.95). It was perfect. Not overseasoned and cooked perfectly. One of the soups they feature (according to the bartender) sometimes on Fridays & Saturdays is the Maryland Crab Soup (red). I ordered a bowl. This was clearly the best Maryland Crab Soup ($6.95), I have ever had, and I would go here just for this! Flat screens around to watch sports and outside seating is available too. If you are in the Inner Harbor area, it's worth stepping about 2 1/2 blocks away to enjoy Peter's Pour House. For me, it was a great find!

• Visited February 2012