“Great food with friendly, quirky service” 4 of 5 stars
Review of The Corner Bistro and Wine Bar

The Corner Bistro and Wine Bar
213 Penn Street, Baltimore, MD 21230 (Formerly Corner Bistro and Wine Bar)
410-727-1155
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
North Kingstown, Rhode Island
“Great food with friendly, quirky service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

Went to the Corner Bistro and Wine Bar based on tripadvisor reviews and was not disappointed. The restaurant is small, with a bar and a half dozen tables. The menu is limited, but has sufficient variety that just about everyone will find something (or, like me, many things) that you really look forward to trying. The food came out quickly and was delicious.

I'm a little torn about the service. On one hand, it was really fantastic: friendly, highly attentive, accommodating. On the other hand, it was almost too rushed. When the wine we ordered was out of stock, they poured an alternative (very good, but different variety) without checking with us first. Our appetizers were simply forgotten.

When the main course came, all was forgiven, and dessert and after-dinner port more than compensated. Although, again, it was almost as though I had to guide the waiter to ask us whether we wanted drinks and dessert - a strange phenomenon at a restaurant.

I'd certainly go again. The lapses in service were more than made up for by their enthusiasm and the food itself.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Dallas
“Best restaurant experience of the year - by far”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2013

Very hospitable, good prices, and FANTASTIC food. Oh, what I would give to have this place in my neighborhood. There is a 100% chance that I'll eat here on my next trip to Baltimore. We ordered a variety of goodies and they were all rock-solid. Half-priced bottles of wine on Tuesday (maybe other days of the week?) Can't wait to go back. Also in a great area.

Baltimore, Maryland
“Jay-Z, JT & the Corner Bistro = A Fun Night”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2013

My girlfriend and I made reservations at the Corner Bistro & Wine Bar before the Jay-Z and Justin Timberlake concert. The restaurant was packed with everyone apparently going to the show. We ordered a bottle of Malbec to go with our crab cakes and steak sandwich. Very nice wine for the price. The crab cakes were all jumbo lump crab, seasoned perfectly. The steak sandwich was a big hit with me. The garlic truffle fries are the best. We enjoyed the atmosphere here its like being a bunch of freinds. We will for sure be back during the football season.

Moncton
“Hidden Gem”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2013

I have been traveling to Baltimore for work over the last while and saw this place on Trip Advisor. I usually dine alone as i'm here on business, so atmosphere (as well as food) is important to me. This truly is a hidden gem as it is not far off the beaten track, but feels like a neighbourhood bistro. Very small but quaint. Drumsticks were amazing, as was the crab trio (both on the bar menu). The bartender had excellent wine recommendations and let me sample a few to ensure I found what I liked. I would definitely go back!

• 5 of 5 stars Food
“Gem in Ridgely's Delight”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2013 via mobile

I love this place. They never disappoint! Burgers are delicious. You must try the drumsticks! And the ciabatta is amazing!