“Finest Four Seasons in North America” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Four Seasons Baltimore

Save Saved
You added Four Seasons Baltimore to your Saves list
Four Seasons Baltimore
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   200 International Drive, Baltimore, MD 21202 (Little Italy)   |
Hotel packages
Special Offer
10% Off Room Rate
Ranked #3 of 69 hotels in Baltimore
Toronto, Canada
“Finest Four Seasons in North America”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2013

This hotel sparkles inside and out. The art is amazing. The decor exceptional, the staff top of the line, the views of the inner harbor magnificent, the spa and gym top of the line and the quality of finishes all quite memorable and the makings of a great stay. My wife said that if we go back to Baltimore, and we likely will, it MUST be at the Four Seasons. She is 100% correct in her assessment.

Room Tip: Get a view of the Inner Harbor. It is quite scenic.

528 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (194)
Germantown, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2013

Our only regret is we only stayed one night. Great location and property. The service was off the charts. For example i asked an employee for directions to Fleming's ...HE WALKED US OUTSIDE, AROUND THE CORNER ALL THE WAY TO THE FRONT DOOR. Casual place downstairs great for breakfast. Fun bar. We will be back!

Room Tip: great views are available
Toronto, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2013

This was interesting, as I felt it was a hybrid property that could not decide between its identity as a 5-star hotel versus a trendy "boutique" hotel. On the 5-star side is the immaculate, very contemporary and comfortable room, good quality housekeeping, beautiful spa and exercise area, and excellent service from the front desk, concierge and belldesk. On the "boutique" side is the restaurant, lobby and swimming pool experience. Having experienced both types of hotels in a number of large US cities, I contrast the two by perceiving that the 5-star hotel puts the comfort and convenience of its guests first, whereas the boutique hotel (the trendy kind, anyway) puts visitors spending money on alcohol, food and private events first. At this Four Seasons we were told we could not have a late lunch/early dinner to accomodate our flight departure time (the Japanese restaurant was closed all day and the "tavern" did not serve food before 6 pm); we were unable to have a quiet nightcap anywhere in the hotel, as the "tavern" and entire lobby were overrun with intoxicated young people and a nightclub environment; not only the pool but the entire waterfront balcony pool deck was closed to guests ("it's not the season, we only open it for private parties this time of year"). When I stayed at the Hudson in New York I came expecting this kind of thing but it wasn't what I've experienced in other Four Seasons. However, the area is convenient to both downtown/inner harbour and the charming historic Fells Point area, with excellent restaurants nearby (don't miss Charleston!), albeit the local environs are a bit sterile. Would I stay again? For this price I might look for a quieter, more friendly hotel experience. I hope the Four Seasons will eventually re-evaluate its primary commitment to its actual guests rather than competing for "bright young things" who really just want to use the venue as party central (it may be shortsighted to focus on them anyway, as they will quickly get bored and move on to the next "new thing").

Room Tip: Harbour view is a nice perk but be aware you don't actually see the inner harbour, rather a dire...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
New York City, New York, USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

I really enjoyed this Four Seasons.... Lovely room with a beautiful view. I really appreciated the gym and spa after work and then dinner at one of the best restaurants in town without having to leave the hotel! I will definitely return on my next business trip to Baltimore.

Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2013

A true 5 star hotel in every sense. From check in to check out everything was outstanding. When I checked in Carmen was extremely accommodating, ensuring I had my partial water view room with a balcony, she even arranged for a birthday cupcake to be left in the room for my sister. The room itself was very spacious and modern, ample bathroom and closet, and the bed was comfortable. The balcony was great for morning coffee. I used both the spa and the gym when I was there. The spa is huge and has any service you can think of. The gym was also quite large for a hotel gym and you never had to wait for equipment. As a 5 star hotel should be, I never opened a door, never waited for anything, and anytime it looked like our food or drinks were taking too long in the restaurant the manager would come over and check on things. Great experience and I will most definitely go back. As far as location goes, the hotel couldn't be in a better spot right between Fell's Point and the Inner Harbor, or a quick water taxi to Federal Hill.

Room Tip: Partial water view rooms are great and a fair bit cheaper than the full water view.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2013

I stayed here for a wedding and was impressed. It's modern but elegant, unbelievably spotless with twice a day house keeping (they even shampooed the carpet every day), we needed a razor and a free one was delivered by a man in a tux in 10 minutes. They even had an elevator attendant during the busier parts of the day. There's really no reason to pay as much as this place costs for a hotel, but if you do, you won't be let down! Plush bed, tons of TV channels, mood lighting over the huge bathtub. The wedding and reception were magical, as well.

My only complaint is high price of everything inside. Parking is over $50/day (there are lots near by for half that), room service is astronomical, don't even look at the minibar or $50 will float away from your wallet. Come prepared not to need to buy anything at the hotel.

Room Tip: Get a corner room on the harbor, it's an incredible view!
Wilmington, Delaware
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2013

My husband and I shared a beautiful suite with another couple in October at the Four Seasons. It was nothing short of fabulous. The weather was crappy with rain the entire weekend and the little things that the staff did to accommodate such bad weather were what stuck out to us the most. Umbrellas on hand for all of us so we could walk through Baltimore, cabs at the ready to take us where we needed to go and smiles all the way around.

The location of the Hotel is perfect. Right near "Little Italy", great shopping and restaurants. Absolutely loved that this part of the Harbor isn't what I would consider "touristy" and more localized but still wonderful.

The room itself was fantastic. Extremely clean and quite large. There were 4 of us in a 1 bedroom suite, so we needed to use the pull out queen sofa bed. It wasn't the most comfortable of beds but it was still very useful and I had a great nights sleep.

We used room service a few times and they always delivered everything with a smile and quickly. They set up our lunch at the dining room table and were quick to return to remove dirty dishes. The were also able to accommodate a request for chocolate covered strawberries at the drop of a hat. We had also received champagne the night before but didn't want to drink it then, so they took it for us and kept it on ice until the following day.

The spa was fantastic, although I will say, we were not told to be there any earlier than our scheduled appointment and when we walked in 5 minutes before they did drop a few hints that "we were late". Also, we weren't told to bring swim suits as the "heated room" requires swimsuits. The hot stone massage was well worth it...absolutely amazing and 100% relaxing.

Overall our stay was fantastic. We would go back in a heartbeat and I would definitely recommend the Four Seasons to anyone!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Four Seasons Baltimore? Share your experiences!