“Five-Star Hotel in Baltimore... finally!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Four Seasons Baltimore

You added Four Seasons Baltimore to your Saves list
Four Seasons Baltimore
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   200 International Drive, Baltimore, MD 21202 (Little Italy)   |
Hotel packages
Ranked #2 of 59 Hotels in Baltimore
New York City, New York
“Five-Star Hotel in Baltimore... finally!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2013

So happy to finally have a five-star luxury hotel experience in Baltimore. As a graduate of Johns Hopkins University, I visit the city a few times each year for alumni events and to reunite with old friends. Finally, there is a well-located, luxury hotel option. The Four Seasons offers two great restaurants (Pabu is one of the most talked about new restaurants in the country and Wit and Wisdom is classic Michael Mina - can't go wrong), the spa is lovely, the pool overlooks the Baltimore harbor, and Fells Point is only a short walk away. Everything is perfect. This hotel really is excellent - highly recommend!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (229)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2013

From the moment you arrive you are amazed at the richness of this hotel. The pool and spa are above and beyond. Make sure to get a room that faces the city skyline and water. Staff and all front desk people cannot do enough for you.

Room Tip: a room that ends in 17
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Chesterfield, VA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2013

I stayed here for a business meeting and it was the perfect spot to have a session with a large group in Baltimore. It lived up to the standard of a 4 Seasons proporty with excellent service and amentities.

The overall experience was very good and it accomodated the large group to a very high level of satisfcation, highly recommended!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Bloomfield Hills, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2013

Was their for a night and the new 4 seasons was great. Nice staff, wonderful workout room, good breakfast and a large cool room with wonderful view of the Harbor. Had a corner suite with King bed. Cant wait to return

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2013

We just stayed at the Four Seasons while we were exhibiting at The Baltimore Summer Antiques Show. As amazing as they always are, this property raised the bar even higher! The service was legendary and the rooms were spacious, comfortable and loaded with amenities. If anything additional was required or requested, it was delivered in minutes. Nothing was an effort, nothing out of the realm of possibility. The partial water view was breathtaking, picture perfect; like watching a movie in real time! A gorgeous property; we will definitely return.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2013

One night stay.
Booked the Charm City package via a FSPP ..
it included:
- Two spa treatments in a private spa suite (up to a value of USD 145 per treatment)
- Chocolate amenity at turndown
- Coffee and pastries at LAMILL COFFEE
- Overnight parking for one vehicle
- Luxurious accommodations
Plus the FSPP benefits of:
- Daily full American breakfast for two people per bedroom, served through In-Room Dining or in the hotel restaurant (including buffets)
- Spa credit of USD100 once during stay (not applicable to products)
- Upgrade of one category, based on availability at time of check-in (excluding signature suites and villas)

I booked a water view room. The package price was $200 more than just the room alone, which by itself was a good value. Combined with the FSPP benefits it's amazing....

Pre-arrival
I booked the spa treatments about a month in advance. I chose 80 minutes treatments for each of us; and was assured that I would be charged the difference. The day before arrival I hadn't received a phone call so around 8 PM I called to confirm (really I had forgotten the time) the appointment.

Arrival
Swift arrival via I 83. Kind of a nice staycation requiring only 20 minutes of travel. Car deposited with valet; assistance offered and declined with our bag. We arrived early (about 1230; because we had 1 PM treatments) and our room was ready. Upgrade to Premier water view room, a three level upgrade. There was some initial confusion from the desk about both the package and the FSPP benefits but that was quickly rectified. I did mention that I am allergic to something in the L'occitane products and they offered Bvlgari as an alternative. I wonder if there is someway to slip that into my profile...

Room
The premier water view room is on the corner of the building. Lots and lots of glass. We were on the 5th floor; which I believe is the first floor of rooms. I think that I was a little disappointed with the view.. it was nice, but not terribly expansive given how low down we were. We were directly located over the pool area. It was a nice room but I guess I was a little disappointed. Most of the premier rooms at FS seem to be a little bit more spacious, but I found the layout kind of awkward, making the room feel smaller. I missed having a couch/seating area that does seem to be present water view room. I guess the room doesn't feel terribly open. The bed was extremely comfortable, as to be expected. The bathroom was what I expect from a FS. No real wow factor but definitely quite nice. Now to nit pick a bit but I would have liked to seen motorized drapes for the windows.. there were a lot of windows and a lot of drapes and some sort of automatic way to control them would have been nice (not that I'm lazy; it's just I expected them at a FS). It was nice having a Nespresso machine but I would have expected espresso cups as well. Finally, the dark wood in the entry area did appear to have taken a little abuse and was a bit scuffed. All that being said, it's really just nit picky but I did quite enjoy the room. I think if the pool terrace had been in use though, I would have preferred to be a good bit further up.....

Spa
I think that this the crown jewel of the hotel. One of the best spas I've been to in the USA. It definitely has that urban retreat feel to it. My deep tissue massage treatment itself was pretty nice, though I am spoiled by having a massage therapist I see regularly every 2 weeks. There are two other areas: the heat experience room and the relaxation room. The heat experience room contains a heated tile loungers, hydrotherapy tub area, sauna, steam room, and shower experience. Quite quite nice and relaxing. The relaxation area is a room with some nice loungers with nice blankets (I believe that they had the same blankets at the FS Westlake). Comfy. Again to nit pick, but I would have at least loved to see some coed options, perhaps for the tile loungers and hydrotherapy tub area. I would have loved to spend some time in there with my wife. There is complete segregation of the sexes but I believe that swimsuits are required in the tub. I also did see some rust spots on the metal loungers in the tub. Just nit picking, but this is definitely one of the best urban spas I've been time, miles and miles ahead of anything in Baltimore.

Food/Beverage
The package included $30 credit at Lamill coffee. While I didn't try any of the coffee there; it appeared that there were multiple options (espresso, drip, Chemex, vacuum coffee maker). The tea selection was also excellent. Very very solid pastries and cookies. Room service breakfast was quick and tasty. The beignets are quite yummy. I took a peek at the SUnday brunch at Wit and Wisdom and it looked quite underwhelming.

Location
This is my favorite area of Baltimore. Best restaurants ( we frequent Cinghiale quite often) and great shopping for my wife. We combined our one night staycation with dinner at Charleston, which was excellent.

Good and quite enthusiastic. The Bvlgari toiletries showed up in our room while we were having our spa treatments. We also received Voss water, some fruit and some chocolate. I took advantage of shoe shine, which did a nice job and was returned in the AM. The hotel car service apparently only runs from 7-3, which meant we were unable to utilize it. I was address by name frequently.

Checkout
I had asked for 2 PM checkout which was granted; but ended up leaving about 1230. Our car was fetched quickly. One small issue with the bill was that the Lamill coffee charges weren't taken off but that was quickly rectified. I did find receive a charge for breakfast our final morning, which I had to call and have taken care of.

Here's an odd category at the Four seasons. But, I think that this was a great value. With our two packages we received $145x2 spa credit+$100 spa credit which equaled $390. I think thus our final total for spa charges was $75 including gratuity. $30 at Lamill coffee, which we actually used to get a gift for my mother in law who was taking care of our kids. Valet parking ($46 a night) and we had room service breakfast . So, quite a nice value

Conclusion
We will definitely be back. It's ultra-convenient and quite relaxing. I felt light years away from my kids and my life, even though I could walk to work from there. I think in the future though, I would book the entry level room category and see where my upgrade takes me. Just looking at the room layouts, I think I would prefer a water view room (or a suite.. pretty please...)

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2013

As a Baltimore resident, stayed here for a recent staycation. This is in the very best location in Baltimore, on a harbor clip corner with endless water views. Was treated like royalty from all of the staff and from the elevated amenities that the hotel had to offer. The wedding was fabulous, as well as the day at the pool before and after- the service at the pool is second to none. I am a frequent traveler, travel 4-5 times a month for business and this is one of the nicest hotels In which I have ever stayed.

This was also my first Four Seasons so I am not sure how it compares to other 4 seasons elsewhere. I must say, Baltimore has re-invented itself in the last 5 years, if you haven't been, check it out via the 4 seasons- it elevates the already glowing, bustling, exciting city of Baltimore and was worth me paying for a room when I live 2 miles away.

Room Tip: Water view
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Four Seasons Baltimore? Share your experiences!