“Very nice but prices too high” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Four Seasons Baltimore

You added Four Seasons Baltimore to your Saves list
Four Seasons Baltimore
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   200 International Drive, Baltimore, MD 21202 (Little Italy)   |
Hotel packages
Ranked #2 of 59 Hotels in Baltimore
Washington, DC
“Very nice but prices too high”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2013

I recently stayed at this property to do a special trip for a young child (under 5). I have stayed at several Four Seasons and found this one to be in the middle of the pack -- not the best but not the worst either.

Pros:

-- Even a basic room was very spacious, very clean and beautiful. I had a nice partial view of the harbor.
-- The pool was also gorgeous with a beautiful view -- the hotel pictures do not lie. The pool was also very kid friendly -- not deep and had a "bench" that runs around the perimeter. The weather was rainy but still the pool was heated and comfortable. The hot-tub was also very nice.
-- The service was also great with a couple of miscellaneous exceptions.
-- The location was very pleasant -- very safe at night. A very quick walk to starbucks, whole foods, and both nice restaurants and affordable restaurants. The movie theater nearby was a plus.
-- Right next to a water taxi stop, which was great if you happened to be there when the water taxi was arriving. There was also a regular taxi stand nearby.

Cons:

-- Not super convenient to the inner harbor activities -- a healthy walk (especially with a kid in tow).
-- Although most of the staff was superb, but there were a few exceptions, such as a very inattentive pool attendant who looked shocked when I asked for a towel and didn't ever offer to set up a chair for us (as all of the other pool attendants had done for us). Not something I would normally care about, but at the prices they are charging, I should not have noticed this.
-- I also echo many of the comments by a previous reviewer: (1) smoky smell in the lobby from the restaurant; (2) rooms are very exposed to the adjacent office building, so you have to close the curtains; (3) Strangely stingy with the washcloths (I got only one the first day, and none after that); (4) charging for wi-fi seems ridiculous nowadays when you can get great free wifi at your average roadside motel.
-- The breakfast at Lamill Coffee (part of my packaged rate) had very limited breakfast options (although the coffee was very good).

I had a nice time and I chose the hotel primarily for the nice room and the pool, both of which met my expectations so on that front I had no regrets. But I feel like I paid too much for what I got. If the rate were $50-75 less, I would easily stay there again. But I would not pay the same rate again. I could have stayed at the Royal Sonesta or other perfectly nice hotels in the area for about $200/night. Was the Four Seasons better that those hotels? of course. Was it $150+/night better? Not so sure about that.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (229)
Hong Kong, China
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013

We stayed here to attend a friend's wedding. A bunch of our friends attended and some of us stayed at the Four Seasons and some stayed at the Marriott next door so we saw several rooms in both hotels as we visited each other.

Check-in was smooth and the front desk was helpful.

We finished all the water provided in the mini-bar so we called room service to bring up water. It took them around 30 minutes for 2 bottles of water. They brought a different kind of water and asked if that was ok b/c they were out of the other kind. I was thirsty and I really didn't care what type of water. It's not like I specified a type of water when I ordered water.

I also asked for some toiletries b/c they didn't provide a razor/toothbrush. That took 20min or so for housekeeping to arrive with toothbrush and razor. If they are going to take 20 minutes, just provide these simple amenities to begin with.

Service was average, nothing special. The front desk people were helpful, but the housekeeping service was just so slow I can't say it was a pleasant stay.

The restaurant for breakfast was good. We could order anything from the breakfast menu as we got a room which included breakfast for two.

Dinner at the same restaurant was poor. Everything was very salty or too greasy and different servers came over 3 times to ask how everything was. I was tired from my travels and didn't feel like complaining so I didn't say anything, but it would've been nicer if they asked me once, not three times. Good cocktails, but eat somewhere else.

Not much value, stay at the Marriott next door for value. At least there was value there!

Room Tip: The view of the harbor was nice
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Detroit
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2013

This is a sophisticated hotel; the decorations are beautiful and every staff person we encountered were cheerful and helpful beyond what you could ever expect. The pool is fabulous and it comes with an outstanding view. I would rate this hotel 4.5 overall if that was possible. But there are a few things you should be aware of before you book. First and foremost is the 'view' into and out of some of the rooms. You see, there is an office building right next to the hotel and not only can guests see directly into the office suites--they can see right into your room. You can get around this by closing the drapes but that could be a less than perfect solution for some. So the recommendation here is to book a room on another side of the hotel. Other items to consider--there is a daily fee for the Internet (seems that should be included in your rate at a luxury hotel); and there were only two towels in the room--one day we received only one wash cloth. There is a restaurant in the hotel called Wit & Wisdom--it's wonderful and is highly recommended; but, you can smell the grill the second you walk into the hotel lobby. It was nice at first but became overwhelming by our second day. Regardless, the hotel is wonderful and these comments are not meant to deter you from staying there--only to educate you so you can best prepare.

• Stayed June 2013
Washington DC, District of Columbia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2013

We had what is called a Premier Partial Water View room. The room itself was very nice. Lots of beautiful wood - especially the closet doors - the bed was comfortable, all the expected bath amenities were present, and the room was absolutely spotless. It was also quiet at night, which is important to both of us (although see below for an additional comment).

The sleeping area is separated from the bath area by a (very) short hallway occupied by a niche with the honor bar, a Nespresso machine, and a shelf of various glasses and mugs. There is a small office-style table next to the bath area, just inside the door to the room, but really all it is good for is to put room keys, cameras, etc. on. Also just inside the door to the room is a bench just big enough for two small roll-aboards laid end-to-end.

The closet, just adjacent to the bathroom was larger than expected and contained nice touches like a clothes brush and a shoe horn. It also had a safe big enough for a small laptop or two. And again, the doors were really beautiful.

The bathroom itself was pretty much what one would expect at a Four Seasons - spacious and lots of marble. The overhead shower was a nice touch and also much appreciated. Made taking a shower after a long afternoon touring (it was HOT and HUMID) a welcome diversion. One minor, yet common, inconvenience was one sink. A lot of high-end hotels provide two sinks so you and your companion don't have to take turns. But that is a very small nit to pick. Another minor point is that the shower floor can be slippery. I'd like the hotel to add some sort of preventive coating.

A final room comment - given the way the hotel is built, it appears that many of the water view rooms (such as ours) also overlook the entrance drive. It can be quite noisy with cars and buses coming and going during the day. If, like me, you like an afternoon nap, you will want to check on this when you arrive. As I said earlier, though, this was not an issue at night.

The common areas of the hotel are typical Four Seasons - again, lots of marble, everything just so, and everything immaculate. And, every time we stepped off the elevator or in the front door, there was always someone nearby who seemed genuinely pleased to help us. I can't say enough about the staff - from the valet, to the front desk, to the server in the restaurant (Wit & Wisdom) at breakfast, all were fantastic.

Finally, the hotel is in a good location for walking to some of the more popular Baltimore tourist areas - Fells Point, Little Italy, and the Inner Harbor. This was our first stay at the Four Seasons Baltimore. If we ever go back, this is where we'll stay again.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2013

I stay here often, maybe 1-2x/month, for business. The rooms are always clean, the bed comfortable, the staff friendly, and the house car ready to run you wherever you need to go! I love their gym - it's very big. And while, I never get to take advantage of the pool, it looks amazing! The staff is always extremely friendly and who doesn't love a hotel where pets are allowed?

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Minnesota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013

Stayed here for a business meeting. This hotel is a few blocks over from the center of Baltimore's Inner Harbor. The immediate area is quite nice, with more run-down areas near by. The hotel is beautiful, with great rooms, harbor views, fantastic fitness center, outdoor infinity pool etc. Staff are friendly, but there were a number of minor snafus and a moderate irritation upon checkout. Just wanted a cab to the airport, and bell staff offered a town car at $49; I asked how much would a cab cost, they said they didn't know. I said fine, but they had trouble with the cars in the circle, so I just said a cab was fine. Turns out it's a fixed $30 taxi fare to BWI. Look, just because its a Four Seasons, not everyone is living large--staff should know this info. So, overall, its a lovely property, but did not have the "wow" I've experienced before-manager should focus on improving knowledge and service by staff.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Montreal
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2013

The brand new Four Seasons Hotel in Baltimore is as great as they come. The service is flawless. The room was comfortable, the bathroom was superb and the pool is breathtaking. The price is high but the hotel's luxury and high quality warrants it.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Four Seasons Baltimore? Share your experiences!