“My every request was well received and taken care of. I would recommend this hotel to everyone!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Four Seasons Baltimore

Save Saved
You added Four Seasons Baltimore to your Saves list
Four Seasons Baltimore
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   200 International Drive, Baltimore, MD 21202 (Little Italy)   |
Hotel packages
Special Offer
Free Third Night!
Ranked #2 of 63 Hotels in Baltimore
Mystic Islands, New Jersey, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2013

I was very pleased with the attentiveness of all staff. Every concern I had was taken care of. I have a little disability that was taken care of when I went to visit the National Aquarium. I was so tired from walking around that Consierge Mamora (sp?) sent a car to come get me. All the valets, room service were there to take care of my every need. I totally enjoyed my stay.

Room Tip: Definitely book a room with a balcony!
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (213)
Marblehead, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2013

I have stayed at this hotel multiple times while traveling for work and the quality and service is consistent. They deliver on what you'd expect for this caliber of hotel and go out of their way to personally greet you and make you feel at home.

The rooms are spacious and beds incredibly comfortable. Bathroom has a great rain shower and even a tv built into the mirror (cool feature!). I prefer the rooms with the balcony so you can make a up of coffee in the morning and watch the activities of the inner harbor before you start your day. The rooms on the end of the hotel, while have an excellent view because of the floor to ceiling are glass, are smaller and not as comfortable so ask for a room not located on the corner of a floor.

Room Tip: Asking for a room with a view of the inner harbor vs city. If there is a concert taking place, at t...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2013

We have stayed here three times now and it is always consistently great. The service is spot on and the hotel is very clean. This is definitely the best hotel in Baltimore, would not stay anywhere else.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Lambertville, New Jersey
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2013

Maybe I expected too much. While in the main we enjoyed our three-night stay at the Four Seasons in Baltimore, the experience left me with more questions than answers. A Baltimore native who left for stints in NY & LA then returned for another 8 years (and then left again), I have a deep love for the city. Our curiosity about the “new” (relatively speaking) Inner Harbor East, plus our love for really good hotels, led us to the Four Seasons, which indeed is located in this quite newly-created, and quite prosperous, part of the city.

Strictly speaking, we travel a lot internationally and tend to stay with chains like Sofitel, Park Hyatt, Banyan Tree, and Fairmount. We’ve stayed one other time at a Four Seasons (in Philadelphia) and came out of it feeling kind of beige. Bottom line this time: Super-beige.

Here’s what I liked: The hotel is in the midst of Baltimore’s most interesting dining scene and the waterfront has been beautifully redesigned. It was a pleasure to walk around, encounter a great mix of locals (all with dogs in tow, it seemed), and also tourists. Last visit to Charm City I stayed at the Hotel Monaco, part of the Kimpton Group, and while I loved the hotel it didn’t feel particularly safe to walk around the neighborhood. So great advantage here.

Service, as befits Four Seasons’ reputation, was certainly earnest. I appreciated that a concierge was able to book us a last minute reservation in the hard-to-get Charleston (she apologized for the fact that we’d have to eat in the lounge but noted that it was her favorite part of the restaurant and I agreed, great choice, and Four Seasons had access we wouldn’t have had otherwise). The valet team sprang to action every time you approached the doors. Nice.

What I thought was lacking from a Four Seasons property: A big turn-off at check-in when we were the product of an up-sell to a better room. Mind you, it was a romantic weekend getaway and we’d chosen our room (a balcony with a partial water-view) because of the balcony, but I thought the approach was awkward, potentially insulting if my husband would have cared, and tacky. Seriously, feel free to send us an email a few days prior if you have the better rooms available but don’t put on the pressure at the check-in desk.

Our room was adequate. Meaning: Whoever did the décor decided they neither wanted to offend nor inspire. It was boring. Beige and beige color scheme. Nice lighting. Tricky TV (and no info book from the hotel which, as we learned on check out, was available via the Tricky TV. Too little too late). The horrendous auto-mini-bar, which automatically deducts your bill if you move something. At this level of hotel, that’s just – here’s that word again – tacky. We did move stuff around for our own things, and there was no problem at check out (appreciated) but why even go there???

Internet was $9.99 a day, not outrageous, but per device, and in an era when hotels are offering free Internet altogether (am thinking of the last hotel I stayed in, a lovely Radisson Blu in Zurich), a bit cheesy. Plus it was pretty slow for a new hotel.

More nickel & diming: No complimentary bottles of water or chocolates at turndown (we had turndown two nights out of three), small bottles of L’Occitane toiletries (Four Seasons can’t try for toiletries that are more upscale or at least unique?) were limited to the shower, valet parking – mind you this is Baltimore, not New York, San Francisco, Miami’s South Beach or Chicago – was $40 a day. Also curious: great balcony, and if you looked off to the east (which was lovely, sitting in a chair out there) the view in our partial-view room was awesome. But why just one chair?

The last thing that really turned us off, and this is a classic “first impressions” conundrum: On arrival, we headed to Four Seasons’ Michael Mina restaurant/bar for a late lunch. After standing at the hostess station, unnoticed, for way too long, we finally took seats at the bar. The bartender, who must be an A-list bartender for the restaurant as we saw her there on Saturday night as well, was too busy talking to a pal than to attend to the admittedly light crowd (there was another duo having drinks who kept trying to wave her down to get the bill). Beyond service, when my husband ordered a chardonnay, she poured him a glass and moved on without a word. Later he discovered that the unnamed chardonnay cost $19 a glass. I don’t know about you but if I’m spending $19 a glass I want to be forewarned. It had better be special.

We did not return to the restaurant or bar. Fortunately this part of Baltimore is ground central for the Tony Foreman/Cindy Wolf empire of restaurants (Charleston is the signature place but also worth trying is Cinghiale and Pazo). We didn’t mind at all spending more than usual for a glass of wine in those establishments for two reasons. One: You had a choice between a cheaper version. And two: when you ordered the expensive stuff you were treated to the story behind it.

We also loved Fells Point’s options, including the Thames Oyster House and the Vino Wine Bar, which were within reasonable walking distance.

It’s not fun to feel negative about a hotel. Maybe I expected too much. This hotel wasn’t superb and it reflected its locale disappointingly. Right or wrong, the experience reminded me of the difference between U.S. airlines and the really good ones in Europe, the Middle East and Asia. If I had to make a comparison, I’d say Four Seasons is United. It’s no British Airways (Sofitel) or Singapore (Banyan Tree).

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2013

My husband and I spent a few days at this hotel for a holiday get away. It was a great experience from the time we checked in - until the time we checked out. The service, rooms, view, spa, dining and location were all perfect for a relaxing get away.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Banja Luka, Bosnia and Herzegovina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

I`ve been in this hotel in December 2011, for two nights, i was waiting transfer to my new ship, and i was really surprised with amount of royalty and style this hotel has :) Employers are very warm and welcoming and entire hotel is very clean, up to standards and beautiful. Rooms are very big , with very large beds , and stunning bathrooms ;) I felt like queen , eating the best food and enjoying every moment in that hotel ! Love baltimore and this hotel !

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Stamford, Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2013

Comfortable king beds, beautifully appointed rooms, and conveniently located. Great views if you have a harbor side room (if you don't, be mindful of your shades being drawn as you're incredibly close to corporate office windows), and often balconies are available. Dining in the Four Season's restaurants is recommended over in-room dining. Very much enjoy use of the Nespresso espresso machines in each room with complimentary espresso capsules. Bathrooms are a retreat unto themselves; amazing soaking tub.

Room Tip: Accept a room on a lower floor (and possibly with double beds instead of a king) in order to improve...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business

Been to Four Seasons Baltimore? Share your experiences!