“Four Seasons” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Four Seasons Baltimore

Save Saved
You added Four Seasons Baltimore to your Saves list
Four Seasons Baltimore
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   200 International Drive, Baltimore, MD 21202 (Little Italy)   |
Hotel packages
Special Offer
10% Off Room Rate
Ranked #3 of 69 hotels in Baltimore
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Four Seasons”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2013

I stayed at the Baltimore Four Seasons February 12, 2013 to February 13, 2013.
The valet service and the doormen did a very nice job.
The lobby was lovely with very elegant flower arrangements and an understated chandelier which looked like ribbons. The check-in was quick, friendly, and efficient. The young woman was more than happy to give us suggestions when asked, the bellman was quite helpful. The room was an"ooh" as I entered. It was large, with a view of the harbor, pleasant and soothing decor, a very well designed-bathroom, and large closets. The coffee was available in a Nespresso machine. The flat screen welcomed us by name, and the TV in the mirror of the bathroom was quite the novelty. Great valet service. I texted for the car and only waited a few minutes choosing to get coffee to use my time. I also loved receiving a NY Times, USA Today, and a Wall Street Journal in a cloth bag on the outside door handle. I would suggest that the Four Seasons remove the idea of a charge for regular Internet. It was surprising. All in all, if I could, I would definitely stay at a Four Seasons again.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends

528 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (194)
Saskatoon, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2013

Pros:
-Great location
-New building and very nice rooms
-Food was decent at the Wit and Wisdom lounge.

Cons:
-Service didn't exceed expectations. Some staff trying to hard, some not enough
-Vallet was abysmal. 2 of 3 times car wasn't there despite ample notice via their text message service. Because I checked in late, the manager didn't have any valet tags. Said it wouldn't be a problem (although I suspected it would be) only to get harrased in the morning by vallet.
-Gentleman who checked me in told me a local history fact that I then repeated in a business meeting only to find it out it was incorrect.
-TV system was slow and many channels poor resolution
-Despite paying for the upgraded internet only received download speeds of 1mbit? I don't want to see the normal internet.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013

I really want to have a good experience at this hotel. The rooms are really wonderful and the location is perfect for access to all sorts of walking, restaurants and shopping. The views are stunning. The coffee shop is first class. And some of the staff is top notch.

And yet there have been glitches everywhere - both in October and our recent stay. Worn towels, no turn down service, little things. The staff is friendly yet will literally walk right by you as you struggle with luggage. The bar is so full of locals, guests cannot find a seat - at 4:45 on a Saturday or after dinner. The restaurant is well below Four Seasons standard. The sommelier either isn't trained or sells bad wine. Given the pluses, we were willing to give it another shot... and I wish we hadn't.

I ordered a "Mr. Green" juice our first morning from room service - their breakfasts were a highlight of our previous stay. I made the mistake of gulping it down and couldn't believe how bad it tasted - and then burned. The grainy grits didn't help absorb it and when my husband tried it, he thought it was a really bad joke. Turns out they put "some" raw jalapeno in the juice - a new addition. And someone, I guess, went way overboard. I don't know, as I never got an explanation. I became violently ill. Think the worst food poisoning and add some fire. For a long time. Days later, I'm still suffering. The weekend with friends, also at the hotel, was largely a bust.

While someone came up and offers were made of various medications, only the front desk seemed to be at all apologetic. Remarkably, despite our long history as Four Seasons guests, no one in senior management made any contact with me. No note, no call, no concessions.

Clearly, repeat business is not their thing. Perhaps sports teams and business meetings are all they need.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
FSBaltimore, Public Relations Manager at Four Seasons Baltimore, responded to this review, February 15, 2013
Good Afternoon,

We appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback regarding your experience here at the hotel. We are very sorry to hear that your recent stay did not live up to your expectations and sincerely apologize for any inconveniences you may have experienced.

We take guest comments very seriously and are always looking for ways to improve upon the service that we provide for our guests. We hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back again soon.
Chicago
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2013

On business trip to Baltimore, I was lodged at the new Four Seasons. For the price, you'd expect (and you do get) lots of doormen and a friendly front desk. But you also get unexpected additional costs: you pay for wi-fi; if you move or remove ANYTHING in or from the fridge (even to chill your own food or to read a bottle label), you'll be automatically charged - so be prepared ;-)

And don't expect any flexibility under the velvet glove. In my experience, any changes (e.g flexibility on checkout time, etc), won't be accommodated.

As a result, this will be my last stay at Four Seasons Baltimore (even though the hotel itself is lovely to look at) or at any Four Seasons hotel. Expect my experience was sanctioned by their corporate policy?

Oh we'll, live and learn ;-)

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
ny
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2013

Great spa getaway. Wonderful room and breakfast. Dinner was terrific at the Wit and Wisdom. I would highly recommend this lovely hotel in a fabulous area of Baltimore Harbor. The hotel was clean and the staff was very friendly and informative. It fit our bill. I would highly recommend this new hotel to the area. Also catch a good show at the Comedy Club nearby. Laughter is the best medicine.

Room Tip: Higher Floor and view of harbor
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2013

I visited toward during the holiday period. The hotel is so lovely but being there during the holidays is really special. This was my second visit to the hotel. Everything great that you read in the reviews is true. The problem is that the Spa needs some work on its operations. The first time I had booked back to back facial and massage and was disappointed that both had ended a few minutes short of the time designated in the Spa menu. Since they were performed by difffernt therapists, I wondered if this was done out of concern to have me ready for the other person (regardless, the 2nd one shouldn't have ended early). I should have mentioned it on my way out but just let it go. This time, it was necessary for me to call a few of times in advance of my appointment: First, I was seeking some guidance about treatments and to learn more about the products. When someone is contemplating spending upwards of $200 it is understandable that they expect the place to be able to provide answers about their services. This woman really didn't know much other than to read me exactly what I could see online. I figured since it was 7pm perhaps their daytime staff was better trained. The next day a man assisted me who indeed really knew the offerings and was able to make great suggestions: a regular facial with a lift and firm eye treatment added on. Not long after I booked the appointment, I discovered that I needed to switch my appointment time due to a conflicting event. This time I spoke with a woman who offered me two prospective times. I inquired whether both times she offered would afford me both both treatments, as I didn't want to be rushed, she answered, Well, the first time the therapist has just 50 minutes available but the she knows how to fit everything in. I chose the 2nd because I wanted the full extent of both of the treatments I was paying for. On the day of my appointment I arrived early as they suggested so that I could enjoy the steam room and whirlpools -- they are wonderful. My therapist met me in the waiting room a few moments late -- everyone else had been picked up for their appointments. The treatments were very nice and went too quickly. When I returned to my locker I was surprised to note that she had finished about fifteen minutes early. In other words, she had "worked in" the mini treatment in the time period of just the single treatment. While it was true that she had performed the additional treatment I left very annoyed that I had paid for an "add-on" that was "squeezed in". Also, every time I've received facials in other spas, the therapist is waits outside the treatment room afterward to offer me a glass of water, encouraging me to re-hydrate and to drink as much water as I could the rest of the day. This therapist didn't even mention that I should. I've been to many luxury spas and have not had this experience anywhere else. The staff would do well to visit other luxury spas and learn about the small details that bring clients back again and again.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Baltimore, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2013

I was here three nights for business and what a great place to hold our conference. My room was on a high floor and it was beautiful. I especially enjoyed not closing the curtains while i went to bed. I also utilzed the fitness room treadmills every evening and what a great amenity with no waiting. It was hard to leave.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business

Been to Four Seasons Baltimore? Share your experiences!