“good airport food” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #194 of 1,803 Restaurants in Baltimore
Cuisines: American
Description: Airport Locaiton facilitiy, deserves reviewing, lots of travelers pass by.
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“good airport food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2012

I've eaten at this silver diner many times while at BWI. The service is good and so is the food. I think I've only eaten at a silver diner once--aside from the one at BWI.

So much better than a lot of the other food at BWI. If I have a long layover at BWI, silver diner is usually my first choice.

• Visited December 2012

Alachua, FL
“One of the Best Reasons to Fly In/Out of BWI!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2012

The last time that I visited the area (over the summer), Silver Diner was closed for renovations. I was bummed out. But I was in Baltimore again this week and Silver Diner is back in business. This is about as good as airport food gets. I've tried a number of different menu items over the course of multiple visits and they're all good. The service is very good, too.

It's not cheap. But in an airport, you're going to spend ten bucks at the burger place with the clown. Spend $15-$20 and eat here instead.

Make sure you save room for a milkshake. The black & white milkshake that I had on this trip was positively the best milkshake that I've EVER had (and I've had a few in my 53 years, believe me).

Quincy, Massachusetts
“Can't ask for more”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012

Had an absolutely terrific breakfast here -- caramel french toast with sausage and eggs for ten bucks -- and our waitress was just wonderful. This would be a 4.5-star review even if it was just a regular ol' diner... throw in the fact that it's inside an airport and they got us seated (with a baby, no less), fed, and out of there in time to catch our flight, and this is a 5-star winner all the way.

Baltimore
“Surprising quality for an airport restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

It's not often that you look forward to eating at an airport restaurant but I am always happy when we have a chance to eat at the Silver Diner. The food is locally sourced, well prepared and the servers are always friendly and appreciative that you are eating there. Even when the restaurant is very crowded, like it was right before Thanksgiving, they keep the food moving. We were sitting at the counter and watched the manager help the staff when it got really busy. So if you are traveling through BWI airport and have time to stop at the Silver Diner I highly recommend you sample their breakfast, burgers or other food.

• 5 of 5 stars Food
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“Not So Comforting Food at the Baltimore Airport”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012

On a layover I checked the TripAdvisor App for places in the Baltimore Airport - the Silver Diner came up and it was close and had some good ratings too - had a Cheeseburger, Fies and a Soft Drink - the menu said they leave a pink center and I like my burgers done - asked to have it done - so burger was dry - wanted Ketchup, Mustard, Pickles, Lettuce and Onion - waitress said that Ketchup and Mustard are on the table and burgers come with Pickles (long slices but they were good dill) - kind of do your own thing I guess - French Fries were nothing to write home about either - they do give refills on the soft drinks though - they do serve alcohol at this location too

• 3 of 5 stars Food