“Reconstruction and dinner at the Radisson/Cross Keys” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
A Getaway for 2
Ranked #29 of 59 Hotels in Baltimore
Chevy Chase, Maryland
“Reconstruction and dinner at the Radisson/Cross Keys”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2013

Reconstruction & Dinner at the Radisson/Cross Keys

So what goes on at Radisson?
Is it that something good is on?

While reconstructing their downstairs,
They schlep and reposition chairs.
Tables are pushed up from the basement
And placed right next to yonder casement.

For if you’re hungry, like I am
And you are thirsty for a dram,
Presto! a miracle is wrought:
You have yourself a dinner bought!

Crab cakes of quality so high,
Ready, right there for you to try!
Radisson’s cooking, rightly vaunted,
Is served by wait staff tthat’s undaunted.

Three cheers, Hear! Hear! for Radisson
Where something good is going on!

The Hungry Poet

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Emily D, Portfolio Reputation Manager at Radisson Hotel at Cross Keys, responded to this review, August 9, 2013
Hungry poet,

We thank you so much for taking the time
to share with us your witty rhyme.
Your experience is important to us,
like the rooms we clean and the tables we bus.

As you noticed during your stay,
our renovation is under way.
Our team is working very fast
to create a experience unsurpassed.

We're so pleased you enjoyed the food
and the crab cakes helped to set the mood.
The new Scoozi! will be coming soon
for meals morning, night, and noon.

Although your stay is at an end
I hope to welcome you back, my friend.
Reach out to me for anything you need.
I can assist with your next visit indeed!

edailey@greenwoodhospitality.com
313-253-4344

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Chicago
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2013

If not for the excellent location of this hotel, I think we would have gone somewhere else. We stayed for 4 nights. Let me just say that the staff was really great and anything they did was done well. However, the issues seem to be with management decisions to delay/forgo maintenance and repairs. Our room had a broken window and could not be closed the whole way, which made the room really humid. They have "sleep number" beds in the rooms, but unfortunately put them onto really high bed frames. If you are short, you will need to pole vault into your bed. I think that for older people, it really is unsafe to have the beds this high up. My Mom had to climb on the bedside table to get into bed, which worried me since she has a history of falling. There are refrigerators that they will put in the room by request, but I cannot see why a hotel at this price does not have them in all of the rooms. There is no breakfast included in the price of the room, which, as I said, is pretty high. We tried breakfast at the hotel restaurant but for our remaining breakfasts, opted to go to the cafe next door which has a much better (and cheaper) breakfast. The small outdoor pool was the best part of this hotel. They even have a lifeguard there. The elevators are really slow, but supposedly they are still renovating them. It looked like all of the carpeting needed replacing or deep cleaning. There was only one conveniently placed electrical socket with a few quirky sockets in the bedside lamps (if you turn off the hall light at night, your stuff won't recharge overnight.

Room Tip: Check for broken stuff, and plug your phone into the desk socket instead of the bedside socket. If y...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Emily D, Portfolio Reputation Manager at Radisson Hotel at Cross Keys, responded to this review, July 27, 2013
TAmember,
Thank you for taking the time to share your comments about the hotel. We certainly do strive to provide all of our guests with the level of service that you described you received during your stay and I will certainly make sure I acknowledge the entire staff for their efforts. I am pleased that the location is convenient for you. Please know that we are working diligently to improve the guest room experience and look forward to unveiling a new guest room experience soon. I can certainly appreciate your concerns about the bed height. In the event that you have someone travelling with you who has difficulty with them please reach out to reception and we would be happy to make accommodations more accessible. I certainly hope that we have a chance to welcome you back when our refresh is completed so you can truly experience the hotel at its best.
North Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2013

We liked the fact that hotel had a small shopping mall and was in a wooded location. Rooms needed some updating but the hotel was generally pretty good. Staff was friendly and helpful. Plenty of parking (free). We would stay there on our next trip to Baltimore. Did not include breakfast but there are several restaurants in the mall that have good food.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Emily D, Portfolio Reputation Manager at Radisson Hotel at Cross Keys, responded to this review, July 24, 2013
LizVacation,
Thank you for taking the time to share your positive feedback regarding your recent stay with us on Trip Advisor. Our goal is to provide superior service and accommodations to each and every guest that stays with us. We are excited about the changes that are planned to improve the hotel. I am pleased that you found the service to enhance your stay. Please know that the hotel restaurant also offers breakfast as well as a decadent Baltimore Brunch only on Sundays. We look forward to welcoming you back again soon.
New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013

I recently stayed at this hotel for 1 night while passing through MD. We got the hotel for $64 by placing a bid on Priceline. This is a true 3 star hotel that could use updating on the outside and a little in the rooms. I thought the room was charming with an older sort of country décor. Like something you would see in your grandmothers house. The vaulted ceilings made the room feel very large. Couldn't believe the room was equipped with a king sized Sleep Number bed - loved it!! I also loved the bedside tables and lamps. The bathroom could definitely use updating. I also like the fact the hotel is connected to a shopping complex with stores such as Chico's and Talbots. We had a restful night sleep and comfortable stay, but not sure I would stay here again. Feel free to ask questions and I will gladly answer.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Cabo07,
Thank you very much for sharing your wonderful experience at our hotel with us. We strive to provide the best possible service and guest experiences every day, and it’s always great to hear from our guests on how we’re doing. I am pleased that the location if the hotel was convenient for you and that you found everything to be clean and spacious. We love those sleep number beds too. Please know that we are refreshing all areas of the hotel and look forward to unveiling a brand new guest room experience in the near future. We hope to have a chance to welcome you back again soon so that you can enjoy our new décor.
boston
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

The hotel has been renovating for some time--months if not years--and in the interim the hotel has gone beyond dingy to dirty. The elevator is bashed up and needs a serious deep cleaning as do all the carpets.

I am not criticizing the housekeeping staff. This is a management issue: if the manager doesn't see the problem the hotel should have outside assessment.

On the plus side, the hotel is adjacent to the Village Square Cafe with excellent coffee and fine breakfast options.

Front desk staff is good. But please make cleaning and replacing the finishes in public areas and guest rooms a priority.

Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Emily D, Portfolio Reputation Manager at Radisson Hotel at Cross Keys, responded to this review, July 10, 2013
Naraks,
Thank you for taking the time to share your comments about your recent visit. Please know that the improvement of our hotel is a main priority to our entire management team; so too is the comfort of our guests, and we have been completing the refresh in stages for that reason. I appreciate your patience through this process. I can understand that it does effect your overall perception of the hotel, but I am glad that you have recognized the flawless service from out housekeeping and front office staff members and that the ongoing improvements did not interfere too much. We look forward to unveiling a brand new guest room experience soon. I hope to have a chance to welcome you back again to show you a beautiful finished product. Please reach out to me directly with any additional opportunities you noticed for improvement aside from the refresh.
edailey@greenwoodhospitality.com
313-253-4344
Burlington, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2013

This hotel might be out of the way, but the spotless rooms are spacious and the beds are sleep number comfy. Restaurants & shops are nearby. Staff are friendly & helpful. Here for a conference & would return, Easy access to 695 beltway and I-83 and the Inner Harbor. Adequate parking even during a conference!

Room Tip: Phone ahead to request micro/refrig if needed, rather than expect to have both. Very accommodating...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
mchord,
Thank you for taking the time to share your comments about the hotel. We strive to provide the best possible service and guest experiences every day, and it’s always great to hear from our guests on how we’re doing. I am pleased that our Sleep Number beds, easy parking, and location helped you to enjoy the conference and local area. We look forward to welcoming you back again soon.
Sterling Heights, MI
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2013

I thought this was great. I arrived after 9PM and my only complaint was that it was almost impossible to see from the main road. If you turn into Cross Keys and Talbots is the first thing you see, make an immediate left. You can go straight into the garage and then walk to the elevators, which will take you straight up to the lobby. The restaurant doesn't open until 6:30, so I had to skip breakfast, but my room was lovely. It had sort of a country décor theme. The carpet is older but the rest of the furnishings are very nice.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Emily D, Portfolio Reputation Manager at Radisson Hotel at Cross Keys, responded to this review, June 20, 2013
ProfessorDoctorMom,
Thank you for taking the time to share your review. I am glad that you enjoyed your visit. Please know that we are refreshing the hotel and look forward to unveiling plush new carpeting throughout the hotel. We look forward to a chance to welcome you back again soon.
Portfolio Reputation Manager

Been to Radisson Hotel at Cross Keys? Share your experiences!