“Great hotel close to sights in Baltimore.” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Avenue Shopping Package
Ranked #12 of 69 hotels in Baltimore
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“Great hotel close to sights in Baltimore.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2012

My husband and I were visiting Baltimore and had a hard time finding the hotel and the staff at the front desk was very pleasant in getting us there. We were also given maps to get to other locations when we checked in. We also request a refrigerator if staying more than a weekend and this was the first time it was actually in the room on arrival instead of having to wait as we've done in other hotels. It was very clean as was the rest of the room too. As another reviewer said the only complaint is the lack of space to put your things in the bathroom. In other Hampton Inns there's usually shelves under the sink but this one didn't have them. Otherwise the breakfast was great; the staff always greeted us and the hotel looked very clean and bright everywhere Also it was Memorial Day weekend and the pool was open outside and the whole pool area was very clean. We also liked the location as it's close for sightseeing in Baltimore which we did that weekend. Overall we were pleased and would stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family

169 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Cincinnati
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2012

We selected this hotel reluctantly because the chain where we usually stay was booked at every location in the vicinity. When we arrived, the accomodations were exactly as we requested. The staff on every shift were engaging, courteous, and responsive. Our stay was for 7 nights and each evening when we returned to our room it was immaculate. The complimentary breakfast had a nice variety and it changed every day. We were so pleased that I signed up for the Hilton HHonors rewards program. Would not hesitate to stay here when in the area.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Fort Mill, South Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2012

We stayed on a Fri. and Sat. night, May 11-13th with our 9yo. Front desk was very pleasant and helpful. I was disappointed that the hotel didn't have an indoor pool, but this was my fault for not verifying ahead of time. BUT, we were very happy that the front desk arranged for us to walk over to the Hilton Garden Inn right next door (it is a very short walk through the front parking lot) and use their indoor pool (with hot tub). That pool is small, but fine for kids not doing laps. My daughter didn't like that there was a lifeguard watching her constantly -- she felt like she was being stalked. I explained that it's his job to watch, but she still felt self-conscious and only swam for 15 minutes. If you are an adult swimmer, the Hampton has a deal with Bally's next door and you can swim and workout over there. Unfortunately the Bally's doesn't allow young swimmers (don't know the age cut-off). I believe she said the Hampton outdoor pool opens at the end of May thru end of August, but I would double-check on the dates.

Our room was clean. The reason why I didn't give it a 5 is due to inadequate space if you have kids. We had a king and my daughter had the sleeper sofa. With the couch pulled out it is cramped floor space. The bathroom countertop space was sparse as well. So you make due keeping everything in your bag/luggage and lining them up against the wall along the hallway.

Breakfast had excellent variety. Hot eggs with meat or potatoes, do-it-yourself waffles, bagels, muffins, croissants, oatmeal, variety of juices, apples, oranges, bananas, yogurt, variety of cereals, and coffee station with four types of brews. I was particularly happy with the fresh (not canned) cut up grapefruit and oranges on Sunday morning.

Lots of restaurants and shopping nearby. We went to the TGI Fridays and had a nice meal. Recommend this hotel unless you are counting on an indoor pool for your kids in the middle of winter (they would be cold walking across the parking lot.)

Room Tip: Sometimes light sleepers can hear the I-95 traffic, stay on the opposite side of the building (west...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2012 via mobile

Great Location. You can walk to at least 15 restaurants in 5 mins. The breakfast there was great. The staff was very friendly. Only problem and it's a small one was the shower was a little outdated this place is worth every Pennie.

• Stayed September 2011
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2012 via mobile

Stayed here for business. Very nice hotel with tons of food and shopping within walking distance. I will stay here whenever possible!

• Stayed January 2012
CT
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2011

We stayed one night earlier this month on our return trip from Myrtle Beach, SC. Upon check-in, I found the gentleman at the front desk was extremely nice and very welcoming. After completing the usual check-in, I was surprised when he handed me a paper and asked me to sign it explaining that they have no tolerance for disturbances. LOVED IT! I cannot tell you how many hotels I have stayed in that I was kept awake by doors slamming, people talking & yelling and kids running up & down the hallways at all hours of the night making noise. Every hotel should follow suit!

Our room was clean, clean, clean! Never been disappointed yet with a Hampton Inn, however, this one was a step above. Our king bed was so comfortable that I did not want to leave in the morning. Seeing a soap dish in the bathroom made my day! It is one of my biggest pet peeves to stay somewhere and have the little bar of handsoap slide all over the vanity - yuck! Great water pressure in the shower too!

The lobby & breakfast area are tastefully decorated with a retro-mod feel. Another nice touch here! Our breakfast ladies, Kathy & Brittany were superb! Our daughter has life threatening food allergies and both of these ladies went above & beyond to make sure she could safely eat some of the items on the hot breakfast portion. Both of these ladies exemplified service with a smile.

I would not hesitate to stay here again and would definitely recommend this hotel to others.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Virgnia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2011

The hotel is in a great location - close to shopping, food and entertainment! The staff at the desk were very helpful. I did have an issue with my room - it smelled musty due to the a/c unit. I called the desk and was moved immediately to another room. It wasn't fresh smelling but it got better as the a/c started running.
The room was a good size, with a sofa in the sitting area. The internet was free and fast and the bed was very comfortable. The food in the lobby was great and so was the customer service. I believe with a little updating, it would be an amazing hotel.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled solo

Been to Hampton Inn Baltimore / White Marsh? Share your experiences!