“Always the right choice!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Courtyard by Marriott Baltimore Downtown / Inner Harbor

Save Saved
You added Courtyard by Marriott Baltimore Downtown / Inner Harbor to your Saves list
Courtyard by Marriott Baltimore Downtown / Inner Harbor
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1000 Aliceanna St, Baltimore, MD 21202 (Little Italy)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Earn Rewards Points
Ranked #21 of 63 hotels in Baltimore
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Always the right choice!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

There are plenty of hotels in the Inner Harbor area, but if you want to be treated like a valued guest then Courtyard Marriott is where you want to go! From the moment I checked in, every staff member went above and beyond to make the weekend entertaining and enjoyable. My mother and I were celebrating her birthday and she was able to navigate her way around and enjoy the lounging areas given such excellent hospitality. I feel that each aspect of our trip needs attention:

Check-In: Andrea C., this trip was beyond perfect because of you! She checked us in and once I told her the purpose of the trip she was sincerely happy to help. We received a welcome package and she generously helped us out with plans for the next day. It's so rare to see a genuine interest in others that I was more than happy for her help. That same night we went to seafood restaurant, Rusty Scupper, on her suggestion and had a great time! Andrea gave us a map of the area and we explored the Inner Harbor finishing the night at the National Aquarium.

Guest room: Clean and spacious. Everything was easy to find and the beds were super comfortable. Showers were nice with desired water temperature. We had a view of the courtyard which was very nice.

Pool/Jacuzzi: How does one go to Courtyard without enjoying the pool area? They don't! After our second day coming from the Black Wax Museum and shopping in the Gallery, we went pool side. The pool was nice size, not Olympic size, but a family with kids can play a good game of Marco Polo.There was a vigilant lifeguard on duty and all pool rules were enforced on his watch. Kudos! I loved the Jacuzzi which was warm and the jets helped my aching shoulder blades. The teal and brown rattan furniture outside was pretty and I liked having a poolside snack in the shade.

The Bistro: Thank you Akari (sp?) for the smile every morning at breakfast. She was attentive and friendly. The food was hot and fresh each morning whether on a plate or a take away box. I really loved the quality of food here.

Housekeeping: Great turn over service and quick delivery for extra towels. Thank you!

Reception: When my room key stopped working (don't put your cell phone over things with magnetic stripes, when will I learn!) reception was quick to reactivate it. I saw Andrea again who inquired about my day and my mother. I was highly impressed.

This hotel was very busy with the hometown games and the Labor Day weekend but every staff member I came across was considerate and accommodating. It's not a room service/concierge kind of hotel, but you still feel like you receive five star service, at least i did. Thank you Andrea and everyone at Courtyard Marriott Baltimore Downtown/Inner Harbor!

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family

302 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
Long Island, Ny
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

This place was great. We stayed for one night with 2 kids. Very comfortable. Bed was like sleeping on a cloud. Very quiet, couldn't hear any other guests or outside noise. Very close to both the Inner Harbor and Fells Point. The front desk was helpful with offering advice on where to eat or go for fun. The lobby was awesome; it had an internet hub, a weather station, a designated area to print out boarding passes for the airport, a 24-hr market and a full cafe with a Starbucks. Would totally stay here again.

• Stayed August 2014
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

The Courtyard at the inner harbor was very pleasant and was exceptional when it comes to their front desk staff. They couldn't do enough to insure that my stay went well. Only thing that could be
better would be the parking. Yet it worked out reasonably well.
Job well done!!!

Room Tip: Enjoy the local restaurants . . . they are all great!
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
PatrickMcmanus, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Baltimore Downtown / Inner Harbor, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Thank you for your recent stay with us and for posting your comments. I was happy to read that our front desk staff provided you with exceptional service and that you enjoyed your stay with us. I do hope we will see you again soon!
Swampscott, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I stayed at this property for four (4) nights in July while attending a conference. It's a short distance from Amtrak (Penn) station. Taxi fare was about $15, not including tip.

The hotel is modern and the lobby is brightly light. Check-in was quick and efficient but at this property what really made an impression is the smile and personality of Guest Services Manager, Denia Clark. She was upbeat and simply a joy to encounter upon check-in.

The room that I had was standard size with the standard amenities. It was clean and neatly arranged. Housekeeping services met my expectations for the most part except that I did step on a small pin that was under the desk, that had not been noticed or vacuumed up. I was not injured, so it wasn't a serious problem, but I do feel it's worth noting. One drawback to the room was the inside shower curtain was too short and the floor got soaked with each shower. This was brought to mgmt.'s attention.

There is a bistro adjacent to the lobby. I did try a breakfast burrito, which I'm fairly certain is a frozen, heat & serve product, just by looks and I had almost identical breakfast burrito at a Courtyard Marriott in Massachusetts.

Although the guest service manager was the first to greet me and made an indelible impression, all of the staff demonstrated true hospitality.

This property is located next to Little Italy and close to the Fells (Falls?) Point neighborhood.

Cab service to the convention center area is any where from $5 - $20, depending on time of day. At 5 p.m. rush hour plan on it taking at least a half-hour to make the approximately 3 mile trip. During rush hour, you're probably better off walking.

Overall it was a good value for a very nice property. It will be my "stay-at" hotel whenever I'm in Baltimore.

{Concerning the questions below, I believe "quaint" is very subjective - there should be a way to add explanations there as well}

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
PatrickMcmanus, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Baltimore Downtown / Inner Harbor, responded to this review, 2 weeks ago
Thank you for taking the time to write such a detailed review that I am sure future guests will find very helpful. I was delighted to read that Denia made such a positive impression on you as she truly is an asset to our hotel. She is very warm and welcoming to all of our guests and she motivates all of our staff to try and connect with all our guests during their stay with us. I am sorry about the incident with the pin on your carpet and the shower linen. I have shared these comments with our maintenance and housekeeping staffs so we can address these issues. Thank you again for your recent stay and I do hope we will see you again soon.
Baltimore, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

My brother booked this for my bachelor party August 16th. Lets be honest we didn't stay too much in the hotel but we did enjoy our stay. The rooms were comfy and large with the king sized bed in each room. The hotel was nice and kept very clean. If I ever need a place to stay downtown I think this will be my place to go. We were told about the parking garage is the cheapest around $23(max) but about 2 blocks away there was a garage for $7 a day

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with friends
Thank you for your recent stay and for your review. I am glad that the time you did spend in the hotel that you found it enjoyable and comfortable. We do have rooms with both king size beds and two double beds. Also like you stated, there are garages near the hotel where the overnight charge is cheaper, but for guests who want in and out privileges then our rate of $23 per day is one of the cheapest in our area. Congratulations on your upcoming wedding and we hope to see you again soon.
Tampa, Florida, USA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

We stayed in this hotel for one night. The hotel was really nice for one of the Courtyard brands. It seems like there must be an effort at Marriott to update this brand of the chain, though sometimes it's hit or miss. This is a good find. The lobby was bright and open with modern furniture. The room was pretty standard for Marriott Courtyard, which tends to be very comfortable with good beds and average room size. Location is great, right near the harbor. We went to a baseball game at Camden Yard. A cab ride there took less than 10 minutes and the walk home was about 25 minutes and seemed very safe. Staff was solid and welcoming, which is what I have come to expect with most Marriott properties. I recommend this hotel.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
We truly appreciate your comments about your recent stay at our hotel. Our hotel was renovated last year and our housekeeping staff and maintenance crew tries every day to keep it clean and update for all of our guests. I am glad you found our staff welcoming as they do try to connect with our guests during their stay at our hotel. Hopefully we will see you again soon the next time you come to see an Oriole’s game at the Yards.
Ocean City
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

The Courtyard by Marriott Inner Harbor will be my new go to hotel when taking a trip to Inner Harbor. I have stayed at multiple hotels in Inner Harbor, and I feel this location also gives you the ability to easily walk to Fells Point, another great neighborhood in Baltimore. The hotel itself is located in an up and coming area just outside the main inner harbor hub, and there are excellent bars and restaurants around the area as well. The walk to inner harbor is less than 5 minutes, and to fells point, less than 10.

Check-in was a breeze, as we arrived early evening for a weekend wedding. My wife checked in while I parked the car. By the time I got down the elevator from the attached parking garage, we had our room keys and we were ready to go. The room was very clean, and the space was comparable to other Courtyards I've stayed at. The lobby offers a variety of food and drinks for purchase, but there are many other options directly outside the hotel.

Overall, for the price, I will def be staying at this hotel on my next trip. The cleanliness, friendliness of the staff, and location put this a notch above other more expensive hotels in the area.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your recent stay with us and for taking the time to post your review of our hotel. I am glad we will be your hotel of choice when you are visiting the Inner Harbor area of Baltimore. As you stated, our location gives our guests easy access to the Inner Harbor and also Fells Point and Little Italy. We hope to see you again soon in Harbor East.

Been to Courtyard by Marriott Baltimore Downtown / Inner Harbor? Share your experiences!