“Nice hotel with great people” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Courtyard by Marriott Baltimore Downtown / Inner Harbor

You added Courtyard by Marriott Baltimore Downtown / Inner Harbor to your Saves list
Courtyard by Marriott Baltimore Downtown / Inner Harbor
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1000 Aliceanna St, Baltimore, MD 21202 (Little Italy)   |
Hotel deals
Hotel packages
Special Offer
Breakfast for 2! Book Now
Ranked #21 of 59 Hotels in Baltimore
Mesa, Arizona
“Nice hotel with great people”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2014

From check-in to check-out this hotel provided a comfortable, welcoming experience. The room was clean and in good condition, the shower never failed to be hot. Every staff member I encountered was pleasant and friendly and eager to provide me a great stay.

Two people earned recognition:
Talking with Arkia Sall when ordering breakfast was wonderful. Her attitude and demeanor sets you on track to have a great day. Everyone was great, but Arkia was enough of a step up that she earned recognition.

Andrea Carter, Assistant GM, took the time to help with my questions and how to do a specific task even though it was busy. Great laugh and very personable, she's a great asset to the hotel.

The next time I am in the area, I will stay at this hotel.

Room Tip: If you have the option, ask the clerk when checking in to help select a room.
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
PatrickMcmanus, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Baltimore Downtown / Inner Harbor, responded to this review, August 18, 2014
I want to thank you for posting your review on Trip Advisor about your recent stay at our hotel for future guests to read. I was thrilled to read that both Arkia and Andrea provided you which great service and I have shared your comments with them and also our entire team. We all try our best every day to ensure our guest leave happy and satisfied and I am glad we were able to accomplish that during your stay. Also I nice hot shower never hurts. We hope to see you again soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (71)
NEW YORK
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2014

This Courtyard offered a clean and comfortable room that was ready ahead of check-in time. The strong water pressure in the shower was a delight. The hotel is steps away from the Inner Harbor and an easy walk to Fells Point. Staff were friendly and helpful. Not cheap, but a good deal compared with the area's pricier options.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
PatrickMcmanus, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Baltimore Downtown / Inner Harbor, responded to this review, August 5, 2014
Thank you for your comments and your recent stay with us. I am glad you found our location convenient as it does give our guests easy access to the Inner Harbor, Fells Point and Little Italy. Our staff tries their best to be both informative and friendly and I was happy to read that we provided you with that service. We hope to see you again soon.
Ft. Wright, KY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2014 via mobile

Excellent staff......especially Andrea. Room very clean, shower great. Best water pressure ever. Staff extremely accommodating!!!! Best place to visit all Inner Harbor attractions. We even walked to Camden Yards!!!!! I would highly recommend this hotel......we were pleased beyond our expectations!!!!! Thank you Courtyard for making us so comfortable!!

Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
PatrickMcmanus, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Baltimore Downtown / Inner Harbor, responded to this review, August 4, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to post your comments on Trip Advisor about your recent stay at our hotel. I was delighted to read that we exceeded your expectations and that Andrea our AGM was especially helpful. I will share your comments with the entire staff and we do hope to see you again soon.
haddon heights, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2014

This location is ideal for access to Fells Point and Little Italy, Aquarium, etc..... all within walking distance to best restaurants and attractions. Downside is the $23 parking fee (paid in advance) (private garage attached to hotel). Do not make the mistake of forgetting you have this. My husband wasted $18 upon exiting to travel to a sports event out of town. Hotel would not take the original $23 off the bill; offered additional points to my rewards card... really? Otherwise we left car in garage. On way out we tried the access card and the attendant did an override.... what an angel. Majority of front desk staff is very friendly upon entering hotel (during the day). Free coffee is only in room. Suite was clean and perfect location. We upgraded from a king and sofa bed room to a suite, no cost! Free wi-fi on my I-phone but was unable to access via my Microsoft Surface, annoying but I lived with it. Also, prior to 11 am, maid knocked on door. We had a late check out for 12 pm, thought that should have been communicated to housekeeping. Overall, this was a very nice place, I love Marriotts.

Room Tip: Corner suite, with access to two water views!
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
PatrickMcmanus, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Baltimore Downtown / Inner Harbor, responded to this review, July 29, 2014
Thank you for your recent stay with us and for posting your comments. I apologize about the confusion with the parking garage attached to our hotel. We do not actually run the garage, but it seems we miscommunicated how the charges and in and out privileges work to you and your husband. As you stated, many areas of the city are in walking distance of the hotel and guests really don’t even need to move their cars once they arrive. I am going to follow up with our front desk staff and housekeeping staffs to ensure we are communicating late outs so that our guests are not disturbed. Again, I am sorry that you encountered these issues and I do hope you will five us another try the next time you are in Baltimore.
Charlotte, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2014

I travel at least three nights a week and have always traveled a lot with my job so I have spent a lot of time in hotels. This particular hotel gets it and without a doubt provided the best hotel experience I've ever encountered. From the front desk employees to the restaurant personnel everyone there made you feel important and that your stay was important to them. Highly recommend this hotel to anyone traveling to Baltimore.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
I sincerely appreciate you taking the time out of your busy schedule to write a review about your recent stay at our hotel. I will be sharing your wonderful comments with our entire team in our daily meeting so they can hear firsthand how their efforts positively impacted your stay. We do try our best to ensure our guests leave our hotel happy and satisfied. Hopefully we will see you again soon!
New Haven, Connecticut
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2014

First, Dinea at the front desk was exceptionally helpful and welcoming. The location is fabulous. You can walk to anything in the Inner Harbor and Little Italy. The room was clean and housekeeping seemed really diligent. The room itself was an unremarkable, small, marriott room, but served our purpose for a family trip. It was great to have an empty small fridge in the room with a Whole Foods and CVS right next door. The AC was strong, but the bathroom venting weak. We would definitely stay here again.

Stayed July 2014
Thank you for your comments and I want you to know that you just made Denia’s day. As our Guest Services Manager, she really loves her job and tries to welcome all our guests into her hotel and she will be thrilled to hear your comments. As you also stated, our location gives our guests access to many amenities in the city and I am glad it worked for you and your family. Hopefully we will see you again soon.
Hamden, Connecticut
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2014

Exceptional performance by the staff of this hotel. At the time of my arrival my room was not available but the staff indicated that I was a priority and they would make every effort to get my situated in a room in time for my cousin wedding. They met my expectation by making a room available in enough time to make it to the wedding on time. I would recommend this hotel for its location to numerous restaurants and proximity to the harbor. I will consider staying at this hotel on my next trip to Baltimore.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your recent review of our hotel. I was very happy to read that we were able to get you into your room and to your wedding on time. We do try our best to accommodate requests like early check in or late checkout when available. We look forward to your next visit to Baltimore!

Been to Courtyard by Marriott Baltimore Downtown / Inner Harbor? Share your experiences!