As a concierge on vacation we were right where we wanted to be for our one day vacation in Baltimore after dropping off our daughter at college. All of this during the Baltimore Grand Prix Races in town! Despite everyone telling us traffic would be difficult, we found it very easy to get the GPS to take us into town from the NewYork side, rather than from the DC side, thus avoiding Pratt Street and other road closures, by asking it to take us to White Marsh IKEA first....We literally cruised into town and right up to the front door of the hotel.
The hotel is a block away from the waterfront and walking paths, and very close to all of the attractions such as the Baltimore National Aquarium, the Baltimore World Trade Center, shops and restaurants of Little Italy, Fells Point, and the Inner Harbor. For us 50 somethings we found the walking along the waterfront easy, comfortable and safe. Maps are deceptive and the distances between attractions were much less than we anticipated.
The hotel was comfortable and clean, our room faced the water, but there was no view of it, rather a view from the 7th floor of other buildings which was fine. The fitness center had several treadmills, weights and towels. My husband did his routine easily, only missing only a jumprope to be complete. I enjoyed the jacuzzi (a bit cloudy) so I only dipped my feet in. Pool was appropriately cool as it was hot and humid outside. Sun deck was large (4th floor) and open. Computers for boarding pass check-in all worked. We had two options for parking, via pre-pay at the hotel (Around $28.00) or get a ticket at the garage (shared with the hotel and located to the right of the lobby entrance (look for the Whole Foods sign). We left our car overnight (3pm) and paid $18.00 the next morning at 9am when we departed...which was less than what the hotel reps quoted ($26.00).
All in all an easy place, and well situated to everything we wanted to see and do in a day.
- Also Known As:
- Courtyard By Marriott Baltimore Downtown / Inner Harbor Hotel
- Courtyard By Marriott Baltimore Downtown / Inner Harbor Hotel Baltimore
- Courtyard Baltimore Downtown
- Courtyard Baltimore
- Baltimore Courtyard
- Baltimore Marriott
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The new state-of-the-art lobby at Courtyard Baltimore Downtown/Inner Harbor provides greater flexibility and choices for our guests. This Inner Harbor hotel features our new lobby with inviting, flexible spaces to work or relax in, free Wi-Fi throughout and easy access to the latest news, weather and airport conditions via our GoBoard™. The highlight of our new lobby experience is The Bistro - Eat. Drink. Connect.™which provides guests with healthy food and beverage offerings in the morning and evening dinner service with cocktails. This hotel near downtown Baltimore is also conveniently located near the National Aquarium and one and a half miles from the Baltimore Convention Center. We offer a well-equipped fitness center, indoor pool and whirlpool. A 24-hour business center and boarding pass printing service is also available. Your stay at Courtyard Baltimore Downtown/Inner Harbor is sure to be more comfortable, more productive and more enjoyable than ever before! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Marriott, Orbitz, Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Tingo, TripOnline SA, Priceline, Hotels.com, Agoda and Venere so you can book your Courtyard by Marriott Baltimore Downtown / Inner Harbor reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.