“Overall Good Stay” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Courtyard by Marriott Baltimore Downtown / Inner Harbor

Save Saved
You added Courtyard by Marriott Baltimore Downtown / Inner Harbor to your Saves list
Courtyard by Marriott Baltimore Downtown / Inner Harbor
Ranked #21 of 63 hotels in Baltimore
Euless, TX
“Overall Good Stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013

I stayed at this location this past weekend and overall we enjoyed our stay. We were checked in quickly. The front desk staff were very friendly, helpful and responsive. The location was close to Whole Foods and a short walk to restaurants and shopping. The stop for circulator bus is right across from the hotel. We only experienced a few minor issues. The A/C was not working initially and it was really hot in Baltimore that day. However, the engineer came as soon as we called and fixed it. We then had an issue with some of the television channels. Once again the engineer came very quickly and fixed the issue. Finally, the water in the tub did not drain well; however, after calling the engineer to the room twice, we decided to just live with it. Even with the minor issues, I would stay here again.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
PatrickMcmanus, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Baltimore Downtown / Inner Harbor, responded to this review, July 23, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to post your comments on Trip Advisor and for your recent stay at our hotel. I was happy to read that overall you were happy with your stay, but I truly am sorry that you encountered these issues with your room. Our maintenance team does try their best to fix things as quickly as possible and I was delighted to see that is what happened in your situation. Of course, our ultimate goal is to try and catch issues like these before a guest enter their room, so I have shared your comments with our housekeeping staff. We hope to see you again soon.

302 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
Burke, VA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013

We've stayed at this courtyard many times. It is close to the inner harbor but not very expensive. Very nice and helpful staff. Lobby was just redone and is nice but I kind of miss the old restaurant (it appears all Courtyards are making the same change.) Room was very nice, clean, comfortable and quiet (given the fireworks going on outside.) No view to speak of but that would have come with a much higher price. We'll gladly stay here again.

Room Tip: Hotel is in the same building with a Whole Foods store. Very easy to pick up snacks or groceries if...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Camp Hill, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

I like Courtyards everywhere but this one has even more - location location location & value for the price. Located in the Inner Harbor East section of Baltimore, it is one block from the Harbor Walk that is 5 minute walk from Fells Point, about the same to Inner Harbor, 2 blocks from Little Italy, almost on the water, 15 minute walk to Federal Hill or the Ravens or Orioles Stadiums. Plus they have a great free breakfast! Why pay $400 a block away when you get all this for $150 or less?

Room Tip: Use your AAA card and get a nice discount!
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
I was pleased to read that you enjoyed your recent stay with us and I wanted to thank you for posting your comments. Our location in Harbor East does give our guests easy access to all the areas you mentioned, but you must be a fast walker. It usually takes me about 30 minutes to walk to Camden Yards, so now I have a challenge for the next time I go to see an O’s game. You also mentioned that breakfast is complimentary and I just wanted to clear that up for future guests. Some of our package rates do include breakfast and can be a great value, but breakfast is not normally complimentary. Thank you again for your recent stay and we hope to see you again soon.
Baltimore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

I was here for a conference. The hotel lobby is really nice. The rooms are typical Courtyard, but the bed was comfy, so I was happy. The conference supplied a continental breakfast and lunch, all supplied by the hotel. The food was quite good, and the coffee was great.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Athens, Georgia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2013

The location of this hotel could not be better, you are in Harbor East, which is the cleanest, most safe area of Baltimore and you are next to the harbor. There is a Whole Foods, as well as many great shops in the area. I travel to Baltimore on a weekly basis and this is the only area I stay. The Courtyard, I understand they just completed a renovation, unfortunately, my room was not renovated. As someone who does not hang out in hotel lobbies, that is unless they are gorgeous or hip or have some other attraction, I could really care less about a lobby renovation. The room is where you spend the most time. My bathroom was gross, the caulk was cracked and it didn't feel clean. It sort of reminded me a weird motel bathroom. The beds, however, were comfortable. Will I stay here again, no.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
I wanted to thank you for taking the time to tell us about your recent stay at our hotel. I also find the Harbor East area to be a great location for our hotel giving our guest easy access to restaurants, shopping, and of course Whole Foods. I also saw your comments about our recent renovations. As you stated, all of the public spaces were just finished in March as were all of our guest rooms, but from your comments I can see that your bathroom needed some more attention. I truly am sorry that you encountered this issue and if you would like to talk about it more please contact me directly. I would for you to give us another chance so that we can be your preferred hotel when coming to Baltimore.
Beacon, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2013 via mobile

My wife and I and our daughter stayed here for three nights the last weekend in June. The location of the hotel is fantastic. Both the inner Harbor and fells point are short walks in the hotel is right by the water. The convenience of having a whole foods cannot be understated for us. The room was very clean & seemed very modern and the staff were very friendly. The problem however was in the fact that the walls were paper thin. It was not that the people on the other side of us were particularly loud but because the walls are so thin we heard every word and getting to sleep was very difficult two of the three nights. Additionally, On Saturday night we had to endure a number of people coming upstairs and howling as they had exited the elevator. Again, had the walls not been so thin, this most likely wod not have been a huge problem. It is a shame too as we would love to stay there again next year but we just can't do it.

• Stayed June 2013
london
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013

Loved the hotel it was spacious and clean and even had lovely bath and body works toiletries which were lovel. The Hotel had its own private garden on the terrace and a gym the only let down was the breakfast which luckily was not included as otherwise i would have been very disappointed. Would recommend to go somewhere local for a bite to eat. The staff were very friendly and helpful. Would defo use this hotel again and its walking distance from the inner habour restaurants and shops. The neighbouring hotel is not so bad ... not the usual baltimore street people hanging around and there are some nice restaurants around too.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for your recent stay with us and for posting your comments on Trip Advisor. I was happy to see that you like our location and found our staff to be friendly and helpful. You also mentioned one of my favorite parts about our hotel which many guests don’t even realize we have which is the roof top garden area. It is located on our 4th floor along with the pool and exercise room. It gives our guests a place to unwind and get some sun and fresh area away from the hustle and bustle of the street. I was sad to see that you did not find our breakfast to your liking. We just opened our new Bistro a few months ago with the goal of giving many options to our guests for both breakfast and dinner. Hopefully the next time you are here we can find something that will satisfy your breakfast needs.

Been to Courtyard by Marriott Baltimore Downtown / Inner Harbor? Share your experiences!