“The good, the really not so bad and NO UGLY........” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Courtyard by Marriott Baltimore Downtown / Inner Harbor

You added Courtyard by Marriott Baltimore Downtown / Inner Harbor to your Saves list
Courtyard by Marriott Baltimore Downtown / Inner Harbor
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1000 Aliceanna St, Baltimore, MD 21202 (Little Italy)   |
Hotel deals
Hotel packages
Special Offer
Save 15% This Summer!
Ranked #20 of 60 Hotels in Baltimore
Port Saint Lucie, Florida
“The good, the really not so bad and NO UGLY........”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2012

My husband and I chose this Marriott in Baltimore because we were able to get 2 free nights with our rewards points. The biggest "good" about this Marriott is the LOCATION. We walked everywhere from this central spot. And there are such great restaurants in the immediate area as well. The 2 young women at the front desk who checked us in were friendly and welcoming the whole time we were there. The room was simply a hotel room......king size bed, TV, bathroom, small desk and small couch. I will say the shower had great water pressure.......I don't know why but I was very pleasantly surprised by that! We did pay to park in the garage attached to the hotel and then never, ever moved the car until the day we left to come home. One small disappointment was the quality of the towels (very thin). We would definitely stay here again. We just loved the location and we were told they will be doing some updating......can't wait to go back!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
CYHOTELMGR, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Baltimore Downtown / Inner Harbor, responded to this review, September 23, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to post your comments about your recent stay. Our hotel’s location in Harbor East is truly a huge asset to our hotel. Our guests have easy access to the Inner Harbor, Fells Point and Little Italy and with that numerous restaurants, locals sights and attractions, and easy transportation. I was happy to see that our front desk staff made you feel welcomed throughout your stay and we look forward to seeing you again soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (72)
Chicago, Illinois
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2012

I stayed here for four days, and fell in love with the location more than the actual hotel. I upgraded to a suite but the room was still very hard and "business motel" in its feel. The pass to the full spa/gym is great, and there are many restaurant and entertainment options that you can walk to in Harbor East.

Some of the channels on my TV did not work, and it was never fixed. The manager gave me half off my final night due to the inconvenience. The front desk staff was kind and helpful.

It's just an average hotel in an excellent location.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2012 via mobile

My family and I are in Baltimore for the weekend and are at this hotel. I would like to check out but there other area hotels are booked. The rooms in this hotel are in great need of a makeover. Ripped curtains, mismatched lamps, random stains, etc. I can't believe Marriott puts their name on this hotel given the dismal conditions of the rooms.

Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
I would like to thank you for taking the time to post your comments about your recent stay at our hotel and I would also like to apologize for the fact that you did not find your room up to the standards which our hotel tries to meet everyday and which Marriott tries to meet for all of its hotels. It is true that we are due for a renovation and in fact we will be doing a full renovation this winter, but under no circumstances should any of our rooms be below our guest’s expectations and I am sorry that your room was not up to par. If you would like to talk about your stay further please give me a call at anytime and we hope you will come back again to give us another chance.
Tampa, FL
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2012

A standard Marriott Courtyard that has resisted upgrading as most of the other Courtyards have done. Expensive parking, average rooms, non-exceptional staff and a bit run down. Restaurants abound in the area with Fleming's, Roy's, Oceanaire and James Joyce Pub to mention just a few as only breakfast is served at this hotel. Shop around for a better deal in this neighborhood.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Phoenix, Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2012

I had been to Baltimore before, so I knew the layout. I had some free night certificates and decided to do a baseball trip. This is a great location and facility for a Category 4 hotel in the Marriott system. I was suprised I could get that close to the Inner Harbor area. This hotel isn't right in Inner harbor, but has it's own array of upscale dining and shopping nearby. There is a water taxi shuttle about 5 min walk from hotel. You really only need the water taxi if you plan on going to Captain James landing or Ft. McHenry, the main part of the Inner Harbor district is an easy and pleasant 15-20min walk. I actually walked 2 round trips to Camden Yards, but I don't think most would want to do that. It's about a 30-45min walk, I was in full explorer mode. The pool is interesting, much smaller in person. There is a nice garden type observation deck that is perfect for a cup of coffee or evening drink. All of the staff that I encountered(mostly night shift) were great! I did not get to use the restaurant or bar in the hotel. They had a power outage due to storms that lasted several hours. They informed me when I returned from the game, then upon check out, told me they were crediting me 20,000 marriott points for the issue(looks like they actually reissued my free night coupon). I thought it was a nice gesture, considering I wasn't really inconvenienced at all. It' s good to see a company pro-actively getting ahead of a potential issue. I would stay here again and also reccomend to other travelers. The location of this hotel is better than the Fairield Inn Inner harbor. IF your comparing it to the waterfront Marriott, you can actually see each location from each other. If view and saying your "on the waterfront" aren't as important, then save the money and stay here.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
CYHOTELMGR, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Baltimore Downtown / Inner Harbor, responded to this review, August 24, 2012
Thank you for your recent stay at our hotel and for posting your comments. I love the title of your review because I too think we are a great location with easy access to many of the sights Baltimore has to offer. From the hotel, you are in easy walking distance to the Inner Harbor, Fells Point and Little Italy. I agree that Camden Yards can be a long walk, but if you break it up by stopping off at the Harbor or the Aquarium it doesn't seem that bad. Like you stated the Water Taxi stop is only a few blocks away and we also have the free Circulator Bus line which picks up just across the street that can take guests close to Camden Yards and the Convention Center. I also want to thank you for hanging in their with us during our recent power outage. Our staff tried their best to make our guests as comfortable as possible under those circumstances and we tried to compensate our guests the best way we knew how. We hope to see you again soon.
South Windsor, Connecticut
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2012

good location for inner harbor. nice area with starbucks and an excellent pub (james joyce) nearby. breakfast was o.k., but have had much better at other marriotts. we were a bit surprised by the average room as we are rewards members ( a bit small for the four of us with no refrigerator). it is also a lengthy walk to camden yards from here, so if you are going to a baseball game, it is better to stay on the other side of the harbor.

Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Lansdowne, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2012

The hotel has a wonderful staff at the front desk. Very friendly and always very helpful. I stayed on the 14th floor and had a problem one day with my room not getting cleaned. But the front desk gave me clean towels and toiletries. The rooms don't have bathtubs only showers. Mine was moldy. Room 1429. The hotel overall was a great hotel. Parking garage is attached to the hotel, so you can take an elevator to the lobby.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
We are delighted that you stayed with us and took the time to post your comments on TripAdvisor. Our front desk staff tries to ensure all of our guests feel welcomed and that they provide our guests with information about the hotel and the immediate area and I am glad to see they were friendly and helpful to you. I have talked with our Executive Housekeeper about the issue of your room not getting serviced and also about the condition of your shower and I am truly sorry you had these issues. We will be putting that room out of service until we can ensure this situation has been fixed. Also just as an FYI, some of our rooms only have the showers while others have the traditional shower/tub combination so if that is important to you, please let us know the next time you check in. We hope you will come back again the next time you are in Baltimore.

Been to Courtyard by Marriott Baltimore Downtown / Inner Harbor? Share your experiences!