“Great location and nice hotel” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
$25 Daily Credit
Ranked #16 of 59 Hotels in Baltimore
Naples, Florida
“Great location and nice hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

Just returned from a stay here for a friend's wedding. I was able to walk all around the Inner Harbor and surrounding areas from the hotel. I enjoyed the hotel too, bar in lobby area of the hotel was fun to hit after returning from dinner but the restaurant lacked. I went to eat there for dinner Friday after touring around all afternoon and was disappointed in what I saw so I went next door to Fleming's. Rooms were very clean and nicely appointed, beds very comfortable. They accommodated an early check-in which was nice and the hotel staff was very friendly!The room service was a huge disappointment, I placed an order Friday night that never arrived and Saturday went to order a quick lunch and it took longer than expected. When I called about it they said they would check and call me back - the food arrived, but they never called back to check on me and ensure all was well. It wasn't a huge deal, but the difference between good & great service is the follow-up. Otherwise I would highly recommend this hotel!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (368)
  • Arabic first
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

I had booked this hotel a week or so in advance for a weekend getaway with my girlfriend. She doesn't typically get to travel with me, so it was something she was really looking forward to. To my surprise, I received an e-mail from Annie; one of the two concierges, asking if I had any special requests for this stay. I mentioned it was a trip for my girlfriend, and that we would love it if we could have a nice water view to enjoy. I heard back promptly that the room had been locked and some treats would be waiting in the room (awesome!) I was already pretty happy!

When we arrived at the hotel, we were really impressed with the property, the cleanliness of the lobby, the staff, all excellent. When we got to our room we were really blown away, the upgrade was to a nice high-floor corner, extra large room with a fantastic wrap around view. On the table was a bottle of chilled champagne, water, and a plate of chocolate covered strawberry. Incredible! Talk about above & beyond. We got cleaned up and headed down to the lobby to call for a car, which literally took less than a minute to arrive! A quick 5 minute ride later we were in Fells Point for a great night.

I couldn't find a single thing to not like about this property, absolutely perfect! Thanks again to Annie!

Room Tip: High floor, water view!
Reading, Pennsylvania, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013

We went to Baltimore for a night away for our anniversary. We told the staff of our special occasion, and they were eager to make it a special stay for us. They upgraded us to a harbor view which was incredible. The room was nice, and although the hotel was extremely busy - the lobby was crowded non-stop - the staff was very friendly and accommodating. The location was great too, right on the water and close to all of the Inner Harbor attractions. I read in some of the other reviews about the concert venue being next door. There was not a concert going on the night we were there, but if there were, I would consider it a plus not a negative. We will definitely stay at this hotel again.

Alabama
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013

From checking to checkout, this was by far my best experience at a Marriott. Was upgraded to a corner room overlooking both the harbor and the city. Room was spotless, newly carpeted and quiet. Concierge was extremely helpful on three occasions and went out their way to provide just about anything I needed for this business trip. Valets were cheerful and polite. This accommodation made my stay in Baltimore pleasantly memorable. Highly recommended.

Room Tip: Room 2001, corner room.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2013

Just got back from a stay at the Marriott Waterfront. Great Inner Harbor location, good service, nice rooms with views. We had a view of the harbor which was great. All the employees were very attentive and eager to please.

One thing to note. In the summer there is an outdoor concert venue next to the hotel that can get a little noisy. We were able to hear The Steve Miller Band from the hotels outdoor patio which was fun. The noise didn't bother us but it might be an issue for some.

Highly recommend the property. If you want to spend the big bucks, The Four Season next door looks awesome and has an outdoor pool area. But, you can't go wrong with the Marriott.

Ithaca, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2013

One of the worst Marriott properties I've ever stayed at. During the summer, there are extremely loud concerts 100 yards from the property that they neglected to tell me about upon checking in. You think they've done you a favor and are rewarding your loyalty when they "upgrade" you to a deluxe king room overlooking the bay, think again! The concerts make the commute "home" and sleeping an utter nightmare after a long day, not to mention the crowded parking garage and tons of non-guests using the lobby. Room service was mediocre at best; small portions (cheesecake), cold french fries delivered with no lid on top to keep them warm and clean, I had to wait on hold when I called to order and they don't have an automated system to automatically know your room number. The little shop for amenities (like Tylenol PM so maybe you can actually get some sleep) and snacks (since you're going to be up anyways, may as well grab some junk food right?) closes early so plan ahead. The bed was comfortable, too bad I only got to use it for a short time before getting up to go to work.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2013

My husband arranged a weekend getaway for us at the Inner Harbor, Maryland. We arrived late afternoon after a great lunch at The Tidewater Grill in Havre de Grace, Maryland. The staff was pleasant during checkin. Then to our room where the view from the 31st floor was incredible. We had drinks and watched the activity on the harbor. We went to McCormick and Schmitt for an excellent dinner and then a very nice walk around the harbor. We enjoyed the very reasonable buffet brunch at the hotel. The selection included generous choices and quality. The service was excellent including the waiter thanking my husband for being a platinum member. We then spent time at the indoor pool and the outdoor patio. We walked to Fels Point to shop and have dinner. The crab cakes and mussles were delicious everywhere we ate. I would definitely recommend the hotel not only for it's fantastic location, but for the service and amenities as well.

Room Tip: Corner room was a nice size and floors 20 to 32 have fabulous views.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Baltimore Marriott Waterfront? Share your experiences!