“Great location” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #18 of 63 Hotels in Baltimore
chicago
“Great location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2013

We stayed here for 4 nights over the 4th of July weekend and I was impressed. Our room was larger than I expected, though this may be because it was a corner room. It was clean, well-appointed and comfortable. We were in town for a conference at this hotel, so we didn't do much sightseeing, but this hotel is within easy walking distance of stores, restaurants, and a few sights. I found the staff to be friendly and accommodating, and there is a parking garage next door with reasonable rates through the hotel.

There were two things that kept this from being a 5-star review for me: (1) There wasn't free wi-fi in the rooms. You could find it in the lobby, but I don't want to work from the lobby. There was a fee to access the internet from your room, and it wasn't cheap. I don't recall staying anywhere recently that didn't offer free wi-fi. I was disappointed. (2) The beds were doubles, not queens. It didn't matter so much for this trip as there were only two people in the room, so we each got our own bed, but if I had been traveling with my kids, it would have been a tight fit.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (351)
  • Arabic first
Oakland Gardens NY
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2013

My husband and I (and many more people) stayed at the Marriott while attending a conference for the blind. Clearly the staff had been briefed on the special issues of blind people because the service was excellent. Little things were taken care of (such as cutting a corner on the room "key" so my husband knew which way to insert it to open the room). We had a large room with a king-sized bed on the 24th floor (speedy elevators!) with a beautiful view of the city. There was a mini-frig and microwave in the room in addition to the usual coffeemaker. The air conditioning was so quiet I did not realize at first that it was on, but it was, and it worked quite well. My husband thought the bed was too soft but I thought it was fine and I have back issues. There were plenty of pillows and the linen was nice and soft.

The internet was not free unless you were a high enough Marriott Rewards member, and I'm not this year. $12.95 per day for internet is just ridiculous.

We were given meals through the conference and we also went to the Kozmos' Lounge for drinks and snacks. Kozmos' has "bar food" but with some interesting extras. We were served filet mignon and stuffed shrimp at the dinner on Saturday night. Both were better than standard "hotel food." We had breakfast in our room on Sunday morning; my husband really liked the eggs. I forgot to order something which came with the breakfast (sausage) but I called the front desk and they rushed up with a plate of sausage. Could not beat the service!

We were so busy at the conference that we really didn't get a chance to do anything else. We intend to come back to the Marriott for another weekend to go to Camden Yards, the aquarium, etc.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on a high floor for best views.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Webster, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013

Wonderful hotel. Friendly staff and clean hotel. There were not a lot of amenities; no spa or extras like many have. i am a Silver Elite member and could not use the concierge level. I would certainly recommend it for the Inner Harbor area.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013 via mobile

Although we arrived at the hotel with no reservations on a holiday weekend, the staff did everything possible to accommodate us. When we checked in, the gentleman had not only applied our "points" as Elite members but he also applied our military discount. The suite was absolutely beautiful! Our view of the harbor was spectacular. The staff was more than friendly and professional! We are already looking forward to returning soon!

• Stayed July 2013
NJ
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

wonderful family hotel. Restaurants are so-so. great views of the harbor. FYI if there is a concert across the way, there is a terrace on the 5th floor by the pool. FREE CONCERTS!!! Just saw Daughtry. Awesome weekend.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

This hotel was a wonderful choice for our 4th of July excursion. The room was comfortable with luxurious bedding, a fridge and expansive view of the harbor. The workout room was well equipped and provided disposable headphones, towels and apples to snack on. In addition, the water taxi stops near the front entrance. Being on the water between the Inner Harbor and Fells Point (with Little Italy a few blocks away) there are lots of good restaurants nearby. We enjoyed a fresh, healthy lunch at nearby Teavolve. I did not give the property five stars because they nickel and dime you with extra fees for wifi, expensive self-parking and outrageous valet parking.

travelingmomma
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

We stayed at the Marriott for a conference with the kids and had some highs and lows.

Over the phone a month in advance we requested a low floor and adjoining rooms for our kids and this was noted on our confirmation email. When we attempted to check in an hour early we got neither but the hotel was not close to capacity. We also were not given our first room until after 3 and our second room until around 3:30 when check in is at 3pm...house keeping take note.
SNEAKY MOMENT when the front desk asked how many breakfast you want and unless you ask they won't tell you that you will be paying $20 for what was the WORST catering for a conference I have ever gone hungry not eating....more below. So be sure and ask if there is a charge as only one guest per room was offered food not fit for political prisoner by most countries standards.

The elevators were super fast. Sounds like a trite comment but having waited interminably in other places it matters to me.

The hotel is fairly clean and up to date with great lighting and for some rooms a view of the inner harbor.

The banquet room breakfast served to the conference attendees was AWFUL! I have had better eggs cooked in driving rain by volunteers at the Breast Cancer Walk! Seriously folks taste your food first! The croissants (not hard to make) were crap and slightly stale.

We enjoyed a concert going on just across the water from us (about 100 feet) for free by simply walking out the back door of the hotel on a lovely evening which was nice.

The hotel bar I heard from other guests was great.

The front desk is poorly staffed in the mornings with only one attendant each day I went to ask a question which seems absurd as there was always a line.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Been to Baltimore Marriott Waterfront? Share your experiences!