“Great hotel at a great location” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
AAA/CAA Members Save More
Ranked #16 of 69 hotels in Baltimore
Chesapeake, Virginia
“Great hotel at a great location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2013

We stayed at this hotel for only one night, and it was a wonderful and pleasant stay. Location was great. Close to all the activities at the Inner Harbor, which seems to be where all the tourists like ourselves hang out! Staff was very welcoming, room was clean and comfortable, and I loved that they had warm towels at the entrance. Small details like that are great in my book. Would definitely stay again!

Room Tip: Request a high floor, if possible. View is fantastic
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family

1,047 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (310)
  • Arabic first
Akron, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2013

The staff at this hotel is excellent from the doorman to the bellman to the front desk to the servers in the coffee shop. I was impressed as every member was attentive, warm, and customer focused. Having stayed at a similar Marriott in Atlanta, i can say that this Marriott is an example for the others to follow. The hotel is beautiful, but it is in a busy and confusing area of the city and can be quite loud in the lobby area. The rooms are nice, but a touch on the small side. The cleaning staff is prompt and good.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Manhattan Beach, CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2013

The rooms were clean and well maintained. A corner view room overlooking the harbor is well worth the cost. Moderately priced with valet parking which is a little pricey but not dissimiliar to what others charge in the inner harbor area. The buffet breakfast is reasonable priced but no other breakfast restaurants are in the area. Staff responsiveness was fantastic. If you qualify for Marriott elite status there is a "for members only" room with snacks--ask about it.

Room Tip: Inner harbor rooms in the corner with harbor views are well worth the cost
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Manhattan Beach, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2013 via mobile

We have just completed a five-night stay at this beautiful hotel. From the moment we arrived we were treated as valued customers. The valet, registration desk and bell service personnel were professional, efficient, warm and friendly. The rooms were extremely clean and comfortable with ample outlets for recharging phones, laptops, etc. Somehow housekeeping knew exactly when we left the room and they immediately came in and cleaned. The nightly turn-down service was a treat and we looked forward to finding our piece of chocolate on our pillow each night :). The buffet breakfast is absolutely delicious and the Sunday brunch is not to be missed. Archie, one of the servers is one of the best servers we have ever had. He was friendly, kind and extremely efficient. We enjoyed our conversations with him greatly. We Have definitely found our favorite hotel in Boston. It's in a perfect location on the inner harbor and is surrounded by many places of interest. What a gem!

• Stayed April 2013
Saint Joseph, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2013

I visited this hotel last month (3/2013) for a large conference. From check-in to check-out the staff at the Baltimore Marriott Waterfront was helpful, accommodating and beyond gracious. In the labyrinth of meeting rooms there always seemed to be someone there to point me in the right direction. All the staff were wonderful at sharing recommendations for local dining.

The room was very comfortable and the views were outstanding. My only complaint was that the room was so heavily perfumed when I arrived that it was headache-inducing. The smell diminished quickly with the fan in the room set to high and I refused room service the rest of my stay to avoid re-introduction of the smell. Note that I normally put out the do not disturb sign during hotel visits, I don't use different towels every day at home and I don't make my bed every day either (shhhh, don't tell my mother) so I see no reason to do so when sleeping elsewhere!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Denver, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2013

I have actually never written a review before for anything (restaurants, movies, etc) but I have also never been so impressed by the service I received and I will also say that this was probably the neediest I have ever been at a hotel. I felt like I was wearing a sign that said 'Be sure to treat this guest like royalty'! I was staying there for a conference and even the employees staffing the conference were amazing. When I couldn't find the room I was looking for, they offered to help and walked me to it. At the lunch, they held the chair out and put the napkin on my lap - at a conference! When I inquired about whether there were carafes of OJ (which had been available on the other mornings) they said no, but they would be happy to get me a glass of fresh squeezed OJ - which they did right away!

But it doesn't end there. On a day when they had 300 guests leaving and 400 arriving, I requested if I could change rooms because my current room had 2 double beds and my husband was coming to join me. They found me a king size bed in a corner room overlooking the harbor and the woman behind the desk even took the time to walk me up to my room. When I asked if they could provide us with some specific items for my husband's special diet not on the menu they made it happen. At 8pm I called to see if they could make a pregnant woman an item on the breakfast menu. The woman I spoke to, Josephine, checked to see and when they couldn't she sent up a complimentary fruit and bottle of water and a PERSONALLY WRITTEN NOTE congratulating me!

On top of all this, the hotel views were beautiful, the location great and the beds comfortable.

I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone looking to stay in the Baltimore area! There really is nothing better than good service and this hotel has it hands down.

Room Tip: Corner room overlooking the harbor.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Phoenix, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2013

The Marriott Waterfront provides great views of Inner Harbor. We had a spacious corner room on the 28th floor. The location is perfect if you like to walk to find a place to eat. We ate out twice per day and never went to the same place as there were so many great options within walking distance. The food in-house was great as well. Especially, the Crab & Corn Chowder. The crown jewel was the Concierge Lounge. It may be the best in the Marriott family! Happy Hour food included Seafood Paella, Grilled Shrimp and so many options for breakfast.I did not want to leave at the end of our week!

Room Tip: Ask for a corner room on a higher floor
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family

Been to Baltimore Marriott Waterfront? Share your experiences!