“Really nice hotel in a great location” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
$25 Daily Credit
Ranked #16 of 59 Hotels in Baltimore
Fairfax, VA
“Really nice hotel in a great location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2013

I stayed at this hotel for a business meeting in October 2012. The hotel is right on the water, and it has been well maintained. The front of the hotel can get crowded with cars since it is on a short street.

My room was very comfortable, and the meeting spaces were great. The hotel staff was very helpful and were able to have our meeting and a very large and traditional Indian wedding at the same time.

The parking garage is across the small alley from the hotel, and there is a skywalk to go from the garage to the hotel.

The location is great, as it was walking distance from Little Italy and all of the great restaurants. Also, there is a Fleming's Steakhouse right across the street from the hotel, which was very convenient for a nice business dinner.

Room Tip: South and west facing rooms will have views over the waterfront. East facing rooms will look over L...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (356)
  • Arabic first
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2012

I stayed here for two nights to attend 2 Yankee – Oriole games. We took the aquarium package, which included parking, passes to the National Aquarium and Breakfast. This is not an inexpensive hotel, but I was satisfied with the quality for the price.

The public areas of the hotel are lovely – the lobby is impressive. The room was clean, modern and comfy with a great view of the Harbor (we were on a high floor). Service in the lobby, room and restaurant was wonderful.

The location is also good. You can walk to shops, Little Italy, Fells Point, the Aquarium, the Inner Harbor and Camden Yards (although the Stadium is a bit of a walk). Breakfast at Grille 700 was WONDERFUL (may have been the best pancakes I ever had). This hotel served the purpose perfectly!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Baltimore, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2012

We purposely booked a stay here during the slow period to have a low stress experience. That move gave us the choice of a room high up, 29th floor, with a harbor view. These rooms are hard to book during busy times. Our reward was a stunning 180 degree view of the harbor area and far west into the burbs. The room was quite, clean, roomy and comfortable. Check in and out was pleasant and issue free. My only room issues were the tub caulk was slightly mildewed, caused by a careless maintenance hand not removing the old caulk before re-caulking, and no note pads for our constant needs while at a hotel. There was wall paper pealing from a hall wall repair in process and not completed. The pool was clean, warm and the lounge area was pleasant. The fitness center was large and well appointed. Lockers had no keys available for the 12 or so lockers in the locker room.The restaurant, Grille 700, reviewed separately, is another story altogether.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Gettysburg, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2012 via mobile

This is a beautiful hotel. Everything about the decor is amazing. Our room was very nice. The problem was the staff and their attention to detail. My husband booked this room for our anniversary which was long overdue. He requested specific ammenities be present which were not and it was a real disappointment. The hotel did apologize and made up for it in the end, but it did put a damper on our special night. I will be back because I enjoy Marriott hotels and as a rewards member, I stay in Marriott's all over the country and this one is really nice. The breakfast buffet on Sunday is great with a nice variety of options. This hotel is located near many restaurants and bars.

Stayed December 2012
New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2012

I had a reservation at a different hotel but after reading reviews here I decided to switch to the Marriott. I am a rewards member and decided to use points to stay. Because I was using points and the only room I could get was a city view room, I wasn’t expecting a lot. But I’m happy to say that my stay was even better than I expected. We checked in after 7pm and the hotel was very busy but I received an upgrade to a Harbor View room and a gift for being a reward member.

The room was very nice - I highly recommend a Harbor View room if you can spare the extra expense. The room was spacious and clean with a great view. The hotel staff was wonderful, giving us directions and tips during our stay there.

We didn’t eat at any of the restaurants during our stay but did get room service. As you’d expect, room service was very expensive so if you have the time you can probably get something less expensive by going downstairs or even nearby.

The hotel is in a great location. There’s a lot of shops and restaurants right around the corner and the rest of the Inner Harbor is not a far walk at all. The water taxi stop is also right outside the hotel. Valet parking is expensive( $40/night), there is self-parking next door and another two blocks away. I’m not sure how much they were but worth check out if you don’t want to pay as much for parking.

I believe that I would’ve gotten the same great service if I wasn’t a rewards member although I probably wouldn’t have gotten the upgrade. That being said, this is one of the few places I’ve found that does treat their rewards members as valued guests.

I had such a good experience that my husband and I are planning on bringing our kids for the weekend this spring and we plan on staying at the Marriott again!

Room Tip: The Harbor View room is worth the extra expense.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Chicago
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2012

I stayed here on a business trip last week. Many sites and restaurants within walking distance from the hotel. The crab corn chowder from the Rigano Bakery and Deli was EXCELLENT! Beautiful hotel, great location, service and staff but the double beds were way too soft. Management, perhaps it's time for new mattresses?

Room Tip: For the best views, ask for a Harbor View" room.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Ann Arbor, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2012

I have stayed at this hotel multiple times over the years for business as well as personal travel. The staff is excellent, the location is perfect on the east side of the harbor- you can walk to the harbor or to Fells Point. Rooms are typical Marriott - always ask for a room overlooking the main harbor if you can - the view is terrific.

Room Tip: ask to overlook the Inner Harbor
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business

Been to Baltimore Marriott Waterfront? Share your experiences!