“A great impression from start to finish..with a few improvements needed in between.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Baltimore Marriott Waterfront

Save 35% off on weekends
Ranked #20 of 61 Hotels in Baltimore
Baltimore, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2012

We purposely booked a stay here during the slow period to have a low stress experience. That move gave us the choice of a room high up, 29th floor, with a harbor view. These rooms are hard to book during busy times. Our reward was a stunning 180 degree view of the harbor area and far west into the burbs. The room was quite, clean, roomy and comfortable. Check in and out was pleasant and issue free. My only room issues were the tub caulk was slightly mildewed, caused by a careless maintenance hand not removing the old caulk before re-caulking, and no note pads for our constant needs while at a hotel. There was wall paper pealing from a hall wall repair in process and not completed. The pool was clean, warm and the lounge area was pleasant. The fitness center was large and well appointed. Lockers had no keys available for the 12 or so lockers in the locker room.The restaurant, Grille 700, reviewed separately, is another story altogether.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (432)
  • Arabic first
Gettysburg, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2012 via mobile

This is a beautiful hotel. Everything about the decor is amazing. Our room was very nice. The problem was the staff and their attention to detail. My husband booked this room for our anniversary which was long overdue. He requested specific ammenities be present which were not and it was a real disappointment. The hotel did apologize and made up for it in the end, but it did put a damper on our special night. I will be back because I enjoy Marriott hotels and as a rewards member, I stay in Marriott's all over the country and this one is really nice. The breakfast buffet on Sunday is great with a nice variety of options. This hotel is located near many restaurants and bars.

Stayed December 2012
New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2012

I had a reservation at a different hotel but after reading reviews here I decided to switch to the Marriott. I am a rewards member and decided to use points to stay. Because I was using points and the only room I could get was a city view room, I wasn’t expecting a lot. But I’m happy to say that my stay was even better than I expected. We checked in after 7pm and the hotel was very busy but I received an upgrade to a Harbor View room and a gift for being a reward member.

The room was very nice - I highly recommend a Harbor View room if you can spare the extra expense. The room was spacious and clean with a great view. The hotel staff was wonderful, giving us directions and tips during our stay there.

We didn’t eat at any of the restaurants during our stay but did get room service. As you’d expect, room service was very expensive so if you have the time you can probably get something less expensive by going downstairs or even nearby.

The hotel is in a great location. There’s a lot of shops and restaurants right around the corner and the rest of the Inner Harbor is not a far walk at all. The water taxi stop is also right outside the hotel. Valet parking is expensive( $40/night), there is self-parking next door and another two blocks away. I’m not sure how much they were but worth check out if you don’t want to pay as much for parking.

I believe that I would’ve gotten the same great service if I wasn’t a rewards member although I probably wouldn’t have gotten the upgrade. That being said, this is one of the few places I’ve found that does treat their rewards members as valued guests.

I had such a good experience that my husband and I are planning on bringing our kids for the weekend this spring and we plan on staying at the Marriott again!

Room Tip: The Harbor View room is worth the extra expense.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Chicago
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2012

I stayed here on a business trip last week. Many sites and restaurants within walking distance from the hotel. The crab corn chowder from the Rigano Bakery and Deli was EXCELLENT! Beautiful hotel, great location, service and staff but the double beds were way too soft. Management, perhaps it's time for new mattresses?

Room Tip: For the best views, ask for a Harbor View" room.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Ann Arbor, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2012

I have stayed at this hotel multiple times over the years for business as well as personal travel. The staff is excellent, the location is perfect on the east side of the harbor- you can walk to the harbor or to Fells Point. Rooms are typical Marriott - always ask for a room overlooking the main harbor if you can - the view is terrific.

Room Tip: ask to overlook the Inner Harbor
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Arecibo, Puerto Rico
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2012

I came to this hotel for a conference. Got a great price. The location is perfect, In the Inner Harbor, close to several attractions and to Fell's Point. There is a water taxi stop within walking distance (about thirty steps) and the hotel has an excellent cab and limousine services, Cab fare with the latter is thirty five dollars flat rate. The room are large and well-appointed, the service is great and the rooms are thoroughly cleaned in the AM. And there is always a cup of hot apple cider waiting for you at the lobby when coming in from the cold outside. If you bring a car, the parking rate / valet parking are very expensive.

Room Tip: Ask for a waterfront room on the 24th floor or higher
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
Frederick, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2012

We stayed here for a night as part of a wedding block. The staff was very friendly/helpful and even allowed us to check in early. The room was very nice but sleep was interrupted frequently by loud noises from what I assume is pipes from other guests taking showers, running sinks, etc. We did alert the front desk of the shady cabs they put us in because we asked before we had them flag us a cab if they took credit cards, they said all did, and then the shady cab driver would drop us off and say he didn't take credit. So hopefully they will be on the look out for this issue with other guests in the future. Overall it's a beautiful hotel and I would stay here again but I would also let future guests be aware of the parking costs--it's like $24 a night or something. (without the valet cost)

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple