“Beautiful hotel but hated the noises” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
$25 Daily Credit
Ranked #16 of 59 Hotels in Baltimore
Frederick, Maryland
“Beautiful hotel but hated the noises”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2012

We stayed here for a night as part of a wedding block. The staff was very friendly/helpful and even allowed us to check in early. The room was very nice but sleep was interrupted frequently by loud noises from what I assume is pipes from other guests taking showers, running sinks, etc. We did alert the front desk of the shady cabs they put us in because we asked before we had them flag us a cab if they took credit cards, they said all did, and then the shady cab driver would drop us off and say he didn't take credit. So hopefully they will be on the look out for this issue with other guests in the future. Overall it's a beautiful hotel and I would stay here again but I would also let future guests be aware of the parking costs--it's like $24 a night or something. (without the valet cost)

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (366)
  • Arabic first
Raleigh, North Carolina, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2012

I came to this hotel last weekend for a conference. The location is perfect for Baltimore. All of the sights worth seeing are within walking distance, or you can take a water taxi. The hotel itself is monstrously huge. I found the parking to be expensive and somewhat complicated (it certainly could have been easier to navigate) but definitely something I could handle. The hotel is beautiful. There are 2 restaurants and a cafe inside. Don't eat there. The food is not good, at all and everything is expensive. The rooms are clean and modern. The wifi costs money, which I am guessing is pretty standard these days. The ball rooms were very nice. The staff here were helpful and courteous. The room itself was quiet, and the beds very comfortable.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012

This is a beautiful hotel, was not sure what to expect as it was a 3 night trip for work. But I walked in and was WOW - which I was here for pleasure. The lobby was elegant, it had the feel of an "old world" hotel, but I think it is a fairly new building. I could be wrong, I think it is just a great designer. The rooms are large, the bathrooms spacious, views stunning of the waterfont and lots of great places to eat and vist within walking distance. It was easy and close to the BWI airport and I would love to go back for the fall or spring. Would jump at another chance to go back - it was a very pleasant stay.
I requested a quiet room, they really cannot assign quiet rooms due to the location of the hotel, but my room was very quiet and I slept well.

Room Tip: They have stunning views, try for a higher floor looking towards the water, but I do not think any r...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Philadelphia, PA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2012

This is one of the friendliest Marriotts I have visited this year. The staff welcomed me as though they really were happy I was staying with them and it would be difficult not to enjoy a stay after such a first impression. The rooms are modern and spacious and Marriott quality clean.

If you have the money and can splurge, the Concierge lounge has an absolutely wonderful view of the Inner Harbor (from 30 some floors high) and is a fantastic place to either have a drink from at night or to enjoy breakfast with a spectacular view.

The neighborhood surrounding the hotel is very nice as well with a number of quaint stores mixed among upper end chain clothing stores and there are a number of restaurants in the vicinity that range the gamut from high-end to a dark wood Irish pub that won't break your bank account.

I would stay here again.

Room Tip: If you don't mind heights, ask for a room on the upper floors. Since this area is not highly po...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Saskatchewan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2012

Very nice hotel. Very good customer service. The only think I would say is that you have to pay for WiFi which is expensive. The only WiFi is on the ground floor. Would stay at again. It was centrally located and could walk to most everything. Staff were very helpful and food in the restaurant was good.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Baltimore, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2012

Hotel is located on the northeast side of the Baltimore Inner Harbor in a great area/community. Plenty of nice restaurants nearby to choose from and everything at the Inner Harbor is in walking distance. The stay was for a place to be during the Thanksgiving Holiday and was during the weekdays. This seemingly is a excellent place for business travelers as well. The concierge lounge is located on the 31st floor and has awesome views of the Harbor. The room that we stayed in was upgraded to a deluxe king and also had similar views overlooking the Harbor and also we had a partial view of the indoor pool. The indoor pool was also very nice and relatively luxurious when considering the lounge chairs. The recreation facility was nice as well but I'm uncertain if they have a spa as I did not inquire nor have time for that.

Maintenance was perfect and on-point. They did their job regularly and did it well from full service to turn-down service. I neglected to mention that the concierge lounge had a very good selection in the mornings for breakfast which I took full advantage of. The hotel beds were definitely the nicer ones among Marriott hotels so I had great nights sleep each night. Dinner at the Grille was also a great experience so two thumbs up in this area as well.

I encountered one problem while there which at this point is insignificant. I addressed the problem with the Hotel Manager over email who promptly replied and immediately fixed the problem. So for this and other experiences there they will get a excellent from me in customer service.

As always, I do not rate standard full service Marriott's with five-star ratings unless they are one of their resort properties. I will say that this hotel, had it been a resort property would have received a five-star rating from me.

Great hotel and I would recommend that anyone considering this area stay at this hotel.

Check-in at hotel was excellent, no complaints no qualms.

Room Tip: If possible ask for a Harbor-view room.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Washington DC, District of Columbia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2012

I have stayed at this hotel a few times in the past. I've also stayed at the Four Seasons right next door. I think if you are able to get a good rate, the Marriott can be a great value. I was able to get a AAA rate, and I would say it was well worth it.

Is the Four Seasons a lot better? Absolutely, but I don't think the price is worth it.

I'm a Silver (almost Gold) Marriott Rewards member, so I stay at Marriotts somewhat frequently.

I was with my family and we had the breakfast buffet. I would say it was pretty good value for the price. There was a lot of food, it was high quality, and great variety.

The Kozmos Lounge was pretty good too. Drinks and appetizers are pretty reasonably priced for a hotel, and the service was pretty good.

The rooms are pretty good. The bathrooms could be nicer. I thought the beds were comfortable. I was surprised that there was no minibar--there was a refrigerator in my room that did have the prices for what would be in the minibar, but it was empty. I can't remember from my stays in the past, but I assume there were minibars in the room at some point. Not sure why the decided to do away with this.

The hotel wasn't crowded when I was there, so I wasn't able to hear noise from the hallways, but the doors didn't seem like they would block out that much sound. (I read other reviews on here where people complained that it was noisy in the hallway; I had no problems with noise, but I can see how this could be a problem).

I do think the price for valet parking is overpriced: $40 per night.

Overall, a very good hotel. I've stayed here in the past, and will stay here in the future if the rate is good. In fact, I will be returning next month.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family

Been to Baltimore Marriott Waterfront? Share your experiences!