“Nice waterfront hotel” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #16 of 59 Hotels in Baltimore
La Palma, California
“Nice waterfront hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2012

I stayed here for a week long business conference. Normally I stay in Hilton properties but this hotel was booked for me as part of the conference package. I must say though that this is a fine property and if it wasn't for my Hilton HHonors status I would pick this hotel in a heartbeat if I was traveling on my own.

The hotel is situated right on the waterfront, so nice views of the inner harbor if you're lucky enough to have a room on that side of the building. Otherwise you look out over the city, which is not a bad view by any means but not terribly exciting either. The rooms were nice and well appointed and the bed was quite comfortable. I definitely got some quality sleep. There are also some nice restaurants within easy walking distance.

I was there in December when it was quite cold, so I only left the building a couple times over a 4 day period. That was ok - the conference rooms were quite nice and the service from the hotel/conference facility staff was superb. The only one complaint I have is a minor one and may have had more to do with the way my group booked its conference...lunch was basically the exact same thing all four days I was there. It was good, no complaints about the food quality at all, but there literally was no difference in what was on the lunch table on any given day. A little variety would have been nice.

I only ate in the hotel restaurant once, and it was for breakfast on the first day before my conference started. I found the restaurant to be fine but not spectacular, and a bit overpriced (although that is not at all unusual for a hotel of this type).

All in all a very nice stay and I would recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Get a room on the harbor side for a nice view.
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (366)
  • Arabic first
USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2012 via mobile

I had read the good reviews and was expecting a nice stay. Not only did this hotel meet my expectations, it far exceeded them because the service just made the difference.

Here's what I mean... When I checked in, the desk clerks were smiling and one was even singing. They seemed genuinely happy to be there and to assist. They offered information, recognized my gold status, and walked me over to the correct set of elevators.

In addition, I visited the concierge lounge several times during my stay. The attendants were friendly, personable, helpful, and went out of their way to make sure you had all you needed.

So, yes the room was clean. The location on the waterfront was pretty. The bed was comfortable. The food in the concierge lounge was good (dinner, snacks, and breakfast).

But it was the people who made the difference. I would most definitely go back.

• Stayed February 2012
Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2012

Had a great stay here as I was upgraded to the club floor upon arrival and also given the choice of a welcom gift for being gold. The club floor was very large with great views and an awesome staff some. Some nights there was an open bar other nights, heavy appitizers and one morning an omelette station. Great location right next/in inner harbor.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
West chester
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2012

We went to inner harbor Baltimore Md. the hotel had a great view of the Harbor, Aquarium, Restaurants all within walking distance. It was a great couple of days with the kids. By the way the deal for Breakfast was the best.

Room Tip: When Signing up get the Breakfast package!
New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2012

We visited for 2 nights this past President's Day holiday weekend and really enjoyed everything about the hotel and our stay in Baltimore. My kids loved it too. Our check in was busy with lots of others in line but the friendliness and attention of the employee registering us was great. Our bags were brought to the room by a very friendly bellman and that began our wonderful stay at the Baltimore Marriott. We loved that we didn't have to drive our car anywhere and that everything we wanted to do was a walk away. We visited the Aquarium, the submarine, the Civil War Museum, a couple restaurants,the lovely waterfront, the bookstore and the B&O railroad which you can get to by taking the free orange bus. We had breakfast at the hotel both mornings and everything was delicious especially all the yummy fruit. Our room was pretty but next time I will ask for a room away from the elevator. No fault of the hotel but there are lots of noisy people getting off the elevator on the 30th floor. Speaking of the 30th floor - what a beautiful view we had. We really enjoyed our hotel and all the lovely accomodations. Great job Marriott.

Room Tip: Lovely views from the high floors. Stay away from elevators with noisy people getting on and off.
Virginia, USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2012

The new Marriott is in a great location; on the point between the inner harbor and Fells Point and just a couple blocks from Little Italy. The area seems to be where the new money and energy are being invested and it’s easy to see why. Great views, calmer traffic, with all the best of Baltimore within walking distance. As for the hotel, it’s a great place with omnipresent staff there to help with whatever your needs. The lobby was expansive and rich. Perhaps one of the best hotel exercise rooms and indoor pools I’ve seen. The rooms were well appointed albeit a bit on the smaller scale. Oddly enough, we found the beds reminiscent of a lumpy hammock. All-in-all, this would be the hotel I’d choose to go back to for my next stay in Baltimore.

Los Angeles, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2012

A distinctive Marriott, with a quiet sophistication and some of the better service you will experience at this chain. It's a centralized, convenient location on the water and the harbor views are memorable. The rooms are spotless and the decor is well-appointed. Like most Marriott's, the dining is forgettable at best, so a trip outside will be well rewarded. There are half a dozen decent restaurants across the street and all the best of Baltimore is but a short cab ride away. Like most people who have reviewed this property, I am a fan of this hotel. It has a casual, elegant vibe and they understand what their guests are looking for.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled on business

Been to Baltimore Marriott Waterfront? Share your experiences!