“"A little bit of heaven in Fells Point, Baltimore"” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Inn at The Black Olive

You added Inn at The Black Olive to your Saves list
Inn at The Black Olive
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   803 South Caroline St, Fells Point, Baltimore, MD 21231   |
Ranked #4 of 59 Hotels in Baltimore
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Norwalk, Connecticut
“"A little bit of heaven in Fells Point, Baltimore"”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2013

Had a wonderful two night stay at the Inn at the Black Olive. I was traveling with my daughter looking at colleges & found out about the Inn on Trip Advisor. After an absolutely exhausting drive in heavy rain, lots of traffic...6 hours in the car...no one was happier than the two of us to arrive at the Inn. Joseph was warm & welcoming & when he showed us our room..we were giggling with delight! Soothing colors on the walls along with the warmth of oriental carpets, paintings by local artists & beds with brilliant white sheets...What more could you ask for?? Well...the complimentary bottle of amazing wine (I just searched for & bought a case of it here in CT!) hit the spot & we were reassured that our reservation at the Black Olive restaurant was held even though we were hours late. The attention to our comfort & experience continued at dinner where we were delighted by the delicious food - hummus/amazing!!, grilled octopus/amazing!!, etc....We were greeted by the owner of the restaurant - Stelios - & he was charming, attentive & gracious. Just as we were about to leave, it started pouring and Dimitris the son of Stelios and owner of restaurant & Inn, escorted my daughter & I back to the Inn with an umbrella!!! He told us about his family history of hospitality & hotel/restaurant ownership in Greece & how this venture in Baltimore is a dream come true for his family. His passion in those few minutes was palpable & we were so grateful for the chance to meet him.
The room was extremely spacious, spotlessly clean & very comfortable. The bed was amazingly
comfortable, internet worked beautifully & the air quality in the room was also perfect - no smells of food or of anything from outside (and the street is a busy city street). I can't say enough about Joseph & Dimitris & their beautiful smiles, welcoming personalities & attention to us as guests. I HIGHLY recommend the Inn at the Black Olive...if in Baltimore again, it is the only place I would stay. Thank you for a truly lovely experience!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (81)
South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2013 via mobile

Just had a quick stay at the Inn at the Black Olive. What a truly wonderful hotel. We have travelled to Baltimore quite frequently this past year and have stayed at several different hotels. Granted, I seek and appreciate unique and different places and if you enjoy the same, this is a great option. The bed was amazing. The room was huge. Wifi is free. I would suggest parking in the garage next door as opposed to valet. Cannot say enough nice things about this property and plan to return on our next visit this fall.

Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Dimitris S, Owner at Inn at The Black Olive, responded to this review, June 12, 2013
Dear KSP-HHI,
First, I wanted to thank you for your feedback. Our families dream to marry fine food and fine lodging in the tradition of our ancestors is what keeps us going. This also includes forming the personal relationships with guests to provide a service that is different than all the "box" hotels. Our passion and determination comes from the heart. Our entire family which extends to the entire staff of the building takes great pride in their collective work. We take our Trip Advisor reviews as a management directive. We strive to bring a smile to every guest and connect with them to facilitate their agenda during their stay in our wonderful hotel and City! We humbly strive to continue to earn our top ranking and value your feedback tremendously!

If we can assist you with anything in the future please don’t hesitate to contact us at concierge@theblackolive.com. Our customer service dedicated team is at your service 24 hours. We look forward to welcoming you back.

Yours in Service,

Dimitris Spiliadis
Crofton, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2013 via mobile

With employees like AJ and Amed and an owner Dimitri who cooks, answers the front desk and even serves in his own resturant you will have a great time and be in a fantastic location , short walks to Fells point, Harbor east, and the inner harbor. The hotel was built with your personal comfort in mind, it's quiet, large rooms and the views are fantastic. When was the last time someone said when asked a question " I will take care of that for you, we do everything here". We will definitely return soon.
The Lindsay,s

Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Dimitris S, Owner at Inn at The Black Olive, responded to this review, December 8, 2014
First let me apologize for the delay in response. Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at the Inn at the Black Olive. We very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay; I will share them with the staff which you would be glad to hear that AJ and Ahmed are both currently still employed here. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback. Whenever you visit Baltimore please come and see us. We look forward to having you again.

Yours in Wellness and Therapy,

Dimitris
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2013

My girlfriend and I recently stayed at the Inn at The Black Olive. We selected the hotel because it was listed as #1 on Trip Advisor and we like boutique hotels. The service was top notch and we found the staff quite helpful. For example, when we arrived at the hotel for check-in, one of the staff members came outside to help us with our luggage. Another example of their stellar customer service was when they called a restaurant that was no longer taking reservations for us and secured a table on a crowed Saturday.

The hotel is not a typical luxury hotel that you may find at a Ritz or a Waldorf per se, but our room was spacious, clean and offered many amenities not necessarily offered at other top tier luxury brands. For example, the complimentary bottle of wine and unlimited access to Netflix and their HD satellite are a plus. Relaxing on the balcony overlooking the city and harbor is remarkable. Not to mention their two person whirlpool bathtub and separate stand alone glass shower are a nice way to spend a romantic getaway with your significant other.

Overall, staying at the Inn at The Black Olive will make you feel like royalty in the way they roll out the red carpet for you. I recommend checking it out.

Hollywood, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2013

My boyfriend and I stayed one night at the hotel and also had dinner at the restaurant. Let me start by writing that from the moment I called to make a reservation, to then make changes to it before my stay, to the one night stay and to the time at the restaurant, we experienced a class act operation. The hotel room was impecable, very spacious, comfortable and tranquil. The food at the restaurant was AMAZING! I had the Bronzini fish and my boyfriend had the Dorade Royale. While we were there we were treated like VIPs. The owners introduced themselves to us and even had some very pleasant conversation. I most definetly recommend both the hotel and restaurant. We are looking forward to our next visit in June!
Ileana

Roseville, California, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2013

I'd give a higher rating than excellent if I could. My stay at the Inn at the Black Olive is, hands down, my life-time favorite hotel and restaurant experience. With the little bit I'd read before I arrived, I was determined to see what the promise of "unique experience" really looked like. Walking into the foyer, I was greeted by a friendly host who welcomed me to Baltimore, asked about my stay, shared his knowledge of the local area and asked if I was thirsty or needed anything for my stay. (What??? I grew up in the South and this is how people treat each other in our homes!). Next, this same nice man, Joe, helped me upstairs with my bags and took his time showing me around my room. And this is a necessity for two reasons...1. the "room" is a suite - and mine was huge. I could easily live in a space this large and have room to spare. and 2. (and this is the best part) The "uniqueness of this experience began with its construction. It is a genuine work of art from the ground up. Joe explained to me the details of the room, showing me the walls of crushed limestone and the bathroom walls that were polished with a natural olive oil rub to protect them from the moisture...the amazing walk-in shower with geo-thermal heated water and a rainfall shower head. It was all I could do to pay attention because I was getting lost in the enormity of the room and staring at a tub, the likes of which I'd never seen and wondering what I was about to learn about it. Before he got to that, I got to feel the organic, luxurious (wasn't sure you could put those two words together- but here you can ) towels and comfy robes there just for me (What? Am I a princess?) and then I learned about the magic of the sanijet tub. You gotta look it up yourself. Incredible. I could go on and on... the most comfortable bed EVER (the Westin Heavenly takes a backseat) and to top it off a complimentary bottle of wine. When Joe left, I stood there for a minute, listening to the fresh clean air coming through the vents into this room that might as well have been on another planet because it was the first of its kind I'd seen and I'm a frequent traveler. It took me a few minutes to adjust. Three words I'd use to describe my stay: Hospitable, Educational, Transformational. The entire staff is masterful at creating an experience of top-rate customer service. Not only would I stay here again, I would recommend this for people looking to travel to Baltimore specifically and even for people who live in Baltimore looking for a quick in-town get-a-away. The whole experience was dreamy.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Baltimore, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2013

My husband and I have stayed here twice. Our most recent stay was two weeks ago. We go there when we want a one night getaway that's close by. We were initially drawn to this hotel because of it's location. It's not terribly out of the way from where we live and it is in Fell's Point which is our favorite part of Baltimore City. When we checked in the staff were the friendliest and most attentive we have ever experienced in a hotel, they really make you feel welcomed and important. When we saw our room for the first time it was far more than we expected. The suite was large and looked amazing. There was a rustic yet also modern elegance about it. The walls were beautiful and hanging on them was beautiful artwork that you can buy if you would like. The main room had the sofa, TV, table and sink/microwave area and the fridge, which contained a lovely bottle of COMPLEMENTARY wine. The next room was the bedroom which had THE MOST COMFORTABLE BED I HAVE EVER SLEPT ON! I would seriously check into that hotel just to take a nap on that bed. The bathroom had a large, Jacuzzi tub and there were bath salts and bubble bath to use and plenty of towels, you only get one bath robe though but I'm sure you could ask for another. The bathroom also had a large glassed in shower and even a black face towel labeled makeup. The hotel also offered complementary breakfast, delivered to your room at the time you choose. When you check in and they show you to your room they give you a menu and you choose what you would like and then you select a time for it to arrive in your room. The hotel also provides room service from The Black Olive restaurant which is directly around the corner. We have never gotten room service from there but we have eaten there and the food is amazing. This hotel, aside from being luxurious is also very environmentally friendly. Everything is made from raw, organic materials from the limestone walls, to the bed, mattress, pillows and bedding. The lights are energy efficient and turn off when you go from room to room and the owners take part in fair trade which is where most of, if not all of what you enjoy in the hotel comes from. The last time we stayed we met one of the owners who was kind enough to introduce himself, bring us our valet parked car and even gave us a brochure when we asked about where the fabulous beds came from. This is by far our absolute favorite hotel and we look forward to many more stays there.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Inn at The Black Olive? Share your experiences!