“Say it aint so...inn being sold?” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Inn at The Black Olive

You added Inn at The Black Olive to your Saves list
Inn at The Black Olive
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   803 South Caroline St, Fells Point, Baltimore, MD 21231   |
Special Offer
Package Deal
Ranked #3 of 59 Hotels in Baltimore
NJ
“Say it aint so...inn being sold?”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013

My husband and I were curious about staying at this inn after having a most wonderful dinner several years back at the Black Olive Restaurant. I must say we were even more impressed with the inn and the lovely, and amazingly roomy, accommodations. We were thinking of taking another trip in springtime, but I happened upon a story in the Baltimore Business Journal about this property being put up for auction this month??!! Does this mean this new and wonderful inn will be closing or merely changing hands? I hope it doesn't close, but even new ownership would spoil the sense of family and hospitality that the owner and staff have worked so hard to achieve. I hope this new Baltimore gem will remain!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Dimitris S, Owner at Inn at The Black Olive, responded to this review, March 22, 2013
February 22, 2013
Dear Spike 17:

First, on behalf of the my family,I wanted to proudly announce that It aint so!!!!!! Our families dream to marry fine food and fine lodging in the tradition of our ancestors is what keeps us going. This also includes forming the personal relationships with guests to provide a service that is different than all the "box" hotels. Our passion and determination comes from the heart. Our entire family which extends to the entire staff of the building takes great pride in their collective work. We take our Trip Advisor reviews as a management directive. We strive to bring a smile to every guest and connect with them to facilitate their agenda during their stay in our wonderful hotel and City! We humbly strive to continue to earn our top ranking and value your feedback tremendously! Thanks for letting us broadcast that the Hotel is not going anywhere. We look forward to seeing you in the Spring. It is just such a lovely time to visit!

If we can assist you with anything in the future please don’t hesitate to contact us at concierge@theblackolive.com. Our customer service dedicated team is at your service 24 hours. We look forward to welcoming you back.

E:dimitris@theblackolive.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (80)
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013

This small Baltimore inn combines modern urban chic with the warmth of the Greek Islands. Dimitri, the host, is warm and welcoming. His staff follows his lead.
The rooms are simple and luxurious.
The food at the rooftop restaurant is outstanding. So is the view.

There is tons to do within walking distance.

We had a great time at the Inn at the Black Olive. We are looking forward to our next escape there.

February 22, 2013
Dear abc28970:

It is the people like you that take the time to let people know about us that allows a little family business compete with the chains. We give you everything we have from the heart and my team is the same way. Thanks for commenting on this. Service is an art when practiced on beautiful people! Thanks for being our canvas;)

Baltimore, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

The Inn at the black Olive is comfortable, the staff are friendly and helpful. Sunny rooms.

Everything here is wholesome and organic. From the food to the paint on the walls.The MAC gym about 3 minutes walk away provides for all your fitness needs with state of the art equipment and 3 different heated indoor pools - a lap pool, a therapy pool and a splash pool.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Dimitris S, Manager at Inn at The Black Olive, responded to this review, March 22, 2013
Dear J_Coker,
What a beautiful Place? Well I tell you something, your family is beautiful. We had the honor of hosting your precious family for your special event and it was the greatest honor. To see such a beautiful, intelligent, diverse, and dynamic family come together from all over the globe and to celebrate with such dignity and class made me near tears. It fueled my spirit as I watched how proud a family can be to achieve success and to experience coming together. We truly felt blessed to have been the setting for such a happening! We will miss you all!

Waterbury, Connecticut, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2013

My boyfriend and I stayed here in the VIP suite and it was everything you could ask for and made us feel like we were home. We stayed 4 nights, we were on our way to Charlotte, North Carolina on business afterwards. Right from the start everything was perfect. We loved the added touch of the bottle of wine, Joe explained everything about the green features of the room and the hotel. We also met Demitris on our first night there while we were having dinner upstairs. The food upstairs was spot on! So fresh and cooked perfectly. I can be pretty picky since I have a culinary background, and I was very pleased. The location was great, perfectly situated between Fells and Inner Harbor. We like to walk and walked everywhere, but the hotel is situated very close to the Charm City Circulator stop, and the water taxi as well. We liked our room so much we extended our vacation, and on the way back from Charlotte we stopped and stayed another 4 nights!! We also had breakfast and lunch in the café downstairs, just as freas and delicious as upstairs, but different menu. Our room was perfect, super comfy king sized bed with organic linens, made for a very restful sleep. Huge bathroom with a separate shower, spa tub, and separate water closet, for added privacy, which is a really nice touch. spa terry robes and more towels than we needed! An added bonus was the washer/dryer!! Loved the space to spread out. we always book a suite when we travel and this hotel was so much better than the big corporate chains...Thank you to all of the staff that made our stay so enjoyable!!!
Karen & Scott

Houston
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2013

5 stars just doesn't capture the level of service and the accomodations here. Even my own mother doesn't treat me so well -- and she is truly the queen of hospitality, comfort, and my ultimate refuge of respite. Our stay was 5 nights long. Skip to what you are interested in using the headings below.

Rooms: Immaculate. I have never seen a cleaner space. Not one spec of dust anywhere.
Spacious: We had plenty of room for our family -- including two bathrooms, a king sized bed and two couches. (Did I mention that when it looked like there weren't enough places to sleep, Demetri actually bought another huge couch for the room so both my teenage sons could have their own sleeping space?) Refrigerator, sink and coffee maker. Our in-room coffee (as well as that at the Agora Market in the hotel) was some of the best we've ever had.

Service: Joseph, Chris, and Demetri jumped to help load and unload our bags and to help us as we passed through the lobby. I forgot my toothbrush and they ran one up, no problem. When I was passing by the front desk one morning, I saw Joseph's divine breakfast (from the hotel restaurant Agora Market) and asked what it was -- he hadn't touched it yet and he offered his own breakfast to me. Wonderful men with manners so gracious and genuine you are surrounded with comfort.

Parking: There is a public parking garage directly next to the hotel. If you enter by 4 and leave before 5 am, it's $3 overnight. Weekend days are $3 too. The daily rate is either $12 or $16 if you are leaving the garage during the hours between 6 am and 4 pm. We found it simple and affordable. But if that's too confusing, the hotel offers valet parking for $25 day.

Restaurants: The food at Agora Market is a real treat, absolutely unsurpassed. I ordered an item that wasn't on the menu (the Greek Heuvos Rancheros) and it couldn't have been better. Each person in our family ordered something different and said the same thing about their own meals. Breakfast is affordable and my dish, complete with eggs, meat and grilled vegetables was under $10. Don't miss this restaurant if you go -- our only regret is that we didn't try it until late in our stay.

The Black Olive, a very fine restaurant, is behind the hotel. There is another fine restaurant on the hotel rooftop. Dudas is also a great tavern around the corner. Whole Foods is also in walking distance.

Easy Access to Public Transportation: The "Circulator" a free bus system that comes every 12 minutes during the day, and 22 minutes in later hours, comes within 4 blocks of the hotel. It will take you to the Convention center, the Aquarium, the shopping centers, or any other major area in town. Try it. You'll like it.

Room Tip: All the rooms have harbor views, all are quiet, all are immaculate. You can't go wrong.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Ellicott City
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2013

Inn at the Black Olive for valentines night was a perfect getaway for my husband and I. The staff (Joseph, Chris and the owner Dimitri) did everything possible to make our stay special. Beautiful accomodations, great location and the food in the market is delicious. Satellite was down (pretty much everywhere in Fells point) but Joseph helped us with netflixs introducing us to a new comic who was hysterical. Thanks to our Secret santa for such and enjoyable couple days.

Carleton
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013

The Inn at The Black Olive satisfies all your senses. The Inn is VERY clean. I loved the style...simple yet artistic. The rooms are very spacious and quiet. I rarely heard anyone. At one point of our stay I thought we were the only people staying at the Inn. I was wrong. It is very peaceful. It is located right between Fells Point and Harbor East. I was able to walk everywhere. The area is safe. There is always someone at the concierge desk to assist you with any need. The food is excellent. You can experience wonderful greek cuisine. Everything is organic and healthy. You can go to the Agora Market on the 1st floor, The Olive Room on the 5th floor, or just take a quick walk around the block to The Black Olive Restaurant. You just feel healthier when you stay here. Also, I learned a lot about food in relation to our health. We stayed for two weeks because my 6 yr old daughter receives rehabilitation from Kennedy Krieger Institute. This Inn is also handicap accessible. I have never experienced a "hotel stay" like this... The Spiliadis Family really care about their guests and I personally experienced this.. We are going back to Baltimore this summer. There is no other place we would stay! I truly felt like family when we stayed there.... Thank You Dimitris! You went above and beyond for us... Chris & Joseph your spectacular!!
~Dory

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family

Been to Inn at The Black Olive? Share your experiences!