“Organically pleasant” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Inn at The Black Olive

Save Saved
You added Inn at The Black Olive to your Saves list
Inn at The Black Olive
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   803 South Caroline St, Fells Point, Baltimore, MD 21231   |
Special Offer
Wedding Blocks/ JHU disc
Ranked #4 of 63 Hotels in Baltimore
Baltimore, Maryland, United States
“Organically pleasant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

Upon arriving through the front doors of the hotel the tone of my stay was set. The staff was delightful and helpful yet not rigid or robotic. Once in the room I was amazed by its size and simplistic cozy decor. The space felt like the apartment I always wanted. I was unable to enjoy every aspect of the room due to my short stay and busy schedule but it had everything I needed. (including wine) Initially, I found the room because I was looking for a jacuzzi tub and the Black Olive Inn superceeded my expectations. The tub was large, surrounded by candles and bathing goodies.I was able to listen to soothing jazz on the Ipod enabled alarm clock, pull back the curtains in the adjacent room exposing the wall of windows for a view of the inner harbor lights and prepare for my night out like a queen. Anytime I had a question about the local area or needed a cab the staff was more than helpful. The following day I had lunch at the attached Agora Market and Demetri made me a wonderful Woody's Killer Salad. The entire stay from arrival, getting dressed, sleeping and the suggested salad with smoothie was organically pleasant.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Dimitris S, Owner at Inn at The Black Olive, responded to this review, January 22, 2013
Greetings lotusviii:

Thank you for visiting The Inn at The Black Olive and spending your stay in historical Fells Point with us. We greatly appreciate you taking the time to write a review about your stay and sharing your thoughts and experiences with the TripAdvisor Community.

We are especially thankful for highlighting all of the details that made your stay special. We are very proud of the use of organic materials and ingredients to make for your "organically pleasant" stay with us!

Our staff takes great pride in making sure our guests have a remarkable experience. If we can assist you with anything in the future please don’t hesitate to contact myself or the concierge team at concierge@theblackolive.com. We look forward to welcoming you back.

Dimitris Spiliadis

E:Dimitris@theblackolive.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (80)
Oxford, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

Seldom do you find a hotel that actually makes you feel as if you've done something good environmentally just by staying there. From the organic bedding, to the nontoxic wall finishes to the energy efficient lighting, the suite-type room was unique, calming and inviting.The jacuzzi was a super-clean medical grade type, the bedding was super comfy and the spaciousness appreciated. Location is walking distance to many trendy bars and restaurants in Baltimore. The staff, especially front desk, were friendly and knowledgeable about the area. Nice to have breakfast included and delivered but could have more options. Will stay here from now on when we visit Baltimore. A real find!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Dimitris S, Guest Relations Manager at Inn at The Black Olive, responded to this review, November 8, 2012
Greetings MSV58:

Knowing the number of quality hotel choices in the Baltimore Charm City area, we appreciate you choosing The Inn at The Black Olive.

If I can assist you with anything in the future please don’t hesitate to contact me at Ryan@theblackolive.com. We look forward to welcoming you back.

Seattle, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

I found this hotel on the Stash Hotels site. The hotel was fantastic. I had a very large well appointed room that felt like home. The front desk staff was more helpful than I have ever encountered. He offered to help with everything I needed including following up on dining suggestions. Walking distance to many great bars and restaraunts. I will stay here every time I come to Baltimore and I will recommend to my friends as well.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Dear Chris K:

Albury, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2012

We stayed here for 2 nights towards the end of October. Wonderful room, our own sitting room, kitchenette with tea and coffee, an enormous bathroom with a spa bath that was spotless and there was a washing machine as well had we wanted it. The towels and bedding were excellent, best pillows I have slept on almost ever I think! The staff were super helpful without being smarmy in any way, warm and welcoming. Free WiFi and free calls were also an excellent addition. The rate also included breakfast which if you have the cooked breakfast is great but if you don't, the options are little bit lacking, I was still hungry after my 1 slice of toast. If we are ever in Baltimore again I would not hesitate to stay here again.

Greetings kme98

Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2012

My boyfriend and I stayed here on my birthday. I wish we stayed longer than just the one night because we checked in very late. The hotel is very unique and I love all of the art in the rooms and in the halls. The jacuzzi was awesome, complete with different bath salts and scrubs. The bed was so comfortable!!!!! I didn't get a chance to eat at the restaurant or go to the market but I will next time I return, which will be very soon. My only complaint is that although the breakfast was good, there is really no option for non pork eaters except for roasted veggies.

Greetings Kenya R:

Orlando, Florida, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2012

I have to say that this was one of the most unique, chic, eco-friendly, amazing, friendly and affordable hotel that my husband and I have ever stayed in. We often try to find a place that is a little different and smaller than the "normal" hotel. We were in Baltimore for a wedding and had a night to just hang out together and see the city. I had to change my accommodations last minute and when I rang the hotel I spoke with the nicest guy Ryan... he fixed it in no time and made sure that we would safely make it there from the airport! When we got there- he greeted us and sent us on our way to a spectacular room with a bottle of wine waiting for us! We then ate there on the rooftop and hung out late night with the bartender Kenny... GREAT company and GREAT food! The next morning, even thou it was hard to get out of that California King Bed.. we got complimentary breakfast for 2 in our room! We got a late checkout... definitely took use of the biggest Jet Tub for 2 that I have ever seen! :) The room was 800 Square feet... that made it so much more enjoyable. Im sure our wedding party got sick of us talking about how awesome the Black Olive was.. and how we wanted to go back! We hope to make a return visit to see more of Baltimore, Ryan and the Inn at the Black Olive! The hotel contributed to our very memorable weekend! Thank you so much - hope to see you soon!!!!

Greetings Mel_Taylor_Thomas:

We are all so happy to hear you had such an amazing time while staying with us. It sounds like you were able to fully enjoy your stay and all that we have to offer our guests.

Miami, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2012

I spent a weekend at the Inn and it was my first time in Baltimore. I must say this place contributed to make my stay memorable.

This is not your ordinary hotel room, as it could well be bigger than your own apartment. The rooms are absolutely huge, with full living/dining room, large bathroom with full double jaccuzzi and shower, and a large room with a great closet. If you are in for a long stay in Baltimore, there can be no better place.

I loved the fact that the structure is actual concrete walls (i.e., little outside noise), and the decor is raw mediterranean: painted walls in warm colors, concrete floors, rugs instead of carpet. Free wine and water in the fridge (if only all hotels were like this!), a super comfy bed and breakfast cooked to order delivered to your room (or at the Agora Cafe downstairs, except Sundays). Last but not least, a non invasive, super friendly assistance from the young staff.

The only odd thing that gets time to get used to are the sensor lights, which I quickly learned how to manage, but still had to get up one time to switch it off as a brisk move to snooze my alarm triggered the lights on. Minor damages thought.

The hotel itself was great, but location turned out to be perfect. You are right in between the nice restaurants and shops at the Inner Harbor, and the bars and nightlife of Fells Point, without having to endure noise or any sort of traffic that you may find in either of these (especially the noise). I was on a lower floor facing the street and had no problem with noise.

You can easily walk to many of the attractions in Baltimore from here, park your car nearby or take one of the free city circulators that stop right by the hotel. There was plenty to see here and whenerver I decide to come back this wll certainly be my first choice.

Room Tip: You will likely get low noise at any floor, but higher floors might give you open harbor views.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
Dimitris S, Guest Relations Manager at Inn at The Black Olive, responded to this review, October 27, 2012
Greetings Lune14:

We are all so happy to hear you had such a great stay at the Inn and we were able to contribute to a memorable first stay in Charm City. Your very detailed review is much appreciated and your feedback will be passed on.

Your comment about the lighting is an issue we are looking into resolving as other guests have had the same problem. It is a feature that is often difficult to adjust to but we must have in order to keep in compliance with the LEED platinum certification. One tip we have been recently suggesting to guests while we give our room tours is you can always manually turn off the lamps in the rooms if you would like which will override the motion sense.

E:Ryan@theblackolive.com

Been to Inn at The Black Olive? Share your experiences!