“Spacious, clean, quiet, comfortable.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Inn at The Black Olive

You added Inn at The Black Olive to your Saves list
Inn at The Black Olive
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   803 South Caroline St, Fells Point, Baltimore, MD 21231   |
Ranked #4 of 59 Hotels in Baltimore
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Indianapolis, Indiana
“Spacious, clean, quiet, comfortable.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2012 via mobile

Our room was a bit over 1,000 sq. ft., concrete floors and walls ensured a quiet stay, but warmed by nice rugs and wall decorations. The bed was very comfortable, comparable to "heavenly beds" I've seen at Westin Hotels. Free wireless and Netflix streaming to a nice size flat panel TV. We were on the second floor and still had a nice view of the harbor. Walking distance from Fells Point, Little Italy, and the Inner Harbor. In fact, I walked all the way to the top of Federal Hill and back in an hour. Air tub and separate shower, and a nice shower ... hot water and good pressure. The staff was very accommodating. A small, but sufficient, breakfast was delivered to the room each morning. The in-room coffee was the best I've ever had. There's an very good Greek restaurant on the top floor with outdoor seating, a bar, and even better views of the harbor. Parking at a public garage next door, and prices are reasonable for the area.

Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Dimitris S, Guest Relations Manager at Inn at The Black Olive, responded to this review, October 16, 2012
Greetings IndyRicardo70:

Thank you for visiting The Inn at The Black Olive and spending your stay in historical Fells Point with us. We greatly appreciate you taking the time to write a review about your stay and sharing your thoughts and experiences with the TripAdvisor Community.

Knowing the number of quality hotel choices in the Baltimore Charm City area, we appreciate you choosing The Inn at The Black Olive.

If I can assist you with anything in the future please don’t hesitate to contact me at Ryan@theblackolive.com. We look forward to welcoming you back.

E:Ryan@theblackolive.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (81)
Munich, Germany
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2012

I stayed at the Inn for 4 weeks for a business trip and really, really enjoyed my time there! Everyone was so friendly and very obliging! I haven't had any service like this before.
The room was very spacious and modernly furnished and the beds unbelievably comfortable. There was not one night I did not sleep well. I can just recommend this place to everyone, there is really nothing I did not like about the Inn!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Dimitris S, Guest Relations Manager at Inn at The Black Olive, responded to this review, October 9, 2012
Greetings Julia0710:

Knowing the number of quality hotel choices in the Baltimore Charm City area, we appreciate you choosing The Inn at The Black Olive for your long-term business trip.

Willow Grove, PA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2012

My wife and I were here for 3 days in September. We are in Baltimore on business occasionally and generally stay close to the convention center at a chain hotel. We decided to do something different this time and yes, this experience was totally different! The hospitality of the entire staff, starting with Ryan, is unique and very endearing. We felt like the people who owned and operated the hotel actually cared about our situation. The room was casually comfortable and clean, with breakfast each morning included. The fact that this establishment is Eco-friendly just makes it even more pleasing. The location ten minutes from the convention center/ inner harbor area makes it convenient AND QUIET! I should mention that we also had a fantastic dinner with our business associates around the corner at the Black Olive restaurant. But the best was yet to come. The night before we left we couldn't decide where to have dinner. We somehow wandered up to the rooftop where the Olive Room restaurant is located. We ended up on the balcony watching a beautiful sunset as we dined. Our host was Stelios Spiliadis, head of the family which still owns the Inn and both eateries. His intent was to give people a healthy and warm alternative to the average corporate stay. I would say he has succeeded and we thank him for his hard work and his good-hearted nature.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Greetings Hope and MichaelL:

We are all so happy to hear you had such an amazing time while staying with us. Your kind words about your restaurant experience are greatly appreciated and will be passed on.

Miami, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2012

After a very stressful trip we stayed at the Inn at the Black Olive in Baltimore. Have to say that it was a wonderful experience were Ryan took care of us from beginning to end. Very helpful staff, and rooms I have to say are more than spacious and comfortable.

We only wished we had found them sooner during our last couple of days.

We will be sure to book here in the future when we visit next.

Ali & Aaron

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Greetings amg112:

We are very happy to hear that after staying with us it relieved the stress you had developed on your trip and thank you for your kind words about your stay.

Morehead City, NC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2012

Went up to Baltimore for a quick anniversary trip and had read about this Inn. The Black Olive was one of the nicest rooms I've ever experienced. The aspect that sets this Inn apart from the rest is the staff and service. Just the right amount of accomodating without being pushy. The market is a nice part of the hotel for a late night snack. The location is great. We got a day pass on the water taxi and hit all the spots along the water front. Walked down to Fells Point for dinner and really enjoyed the neighborhood. Parking is right next door and only $12 for a night.

The beds and linens are fantastic.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Greetings MagicNC:

We are so happy to hear that you had such high expectations of our Inn and that we met and exceeded them and thank you for your kind words about our staff and rooms.

San Francisco, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2012

My husband and I, along with our 4 adult children, stayed at the Inn the end of August to attend my nephew's wedding in Baltimore. From start to finish, this was the best hotel I have ever stayed in. First, I really loved the green, eco-friendly commitment of the property. This results in a modern look with no rugs which took a minute to get used to, but once you realize how energy efficient the building is, I actually felt proud and excited to be supporting such an endeavor by staying there. If every building could be like this hotel, we'd definitely solve the world's energy crisis!
The beds were super comfortable so kudos to whoever picked out the mattresses, pillows, and linens. Made to order breakfasts were terrific. The neighborhood is really fun with lots of great restaurants and sites to see.
Apart from all of the above, what makes this hotel so incredible is the people who work there. I have never met a team of people so dedicated to making my stay so enjoyable--Alicia, Stephen, Dimitri, and Ryan are just some of the amazing people I came to know during my stay. Ryan, in particular, wins Hospitality Host of the Year. If that award doesn't exist, it should. A few examples--I needed to get to a store quickly to pick up something for the rehearsal dinner. When I went to the front desk to ask Ryan for directions, he told me that it was too far to walk so he had someone cover for him at the front desk, grabbed the hotel owner's car, and drove me himself. The next day, when a member of the wedding party became ill, Ryan jumped in, and along with Dimitri and Stephen, literally saved the wedding. Without their help, there is absolutely no way we could have gotten this family member to the ceremony.
Everything that everyone did for us that weekend is something that I will never, ever forget. Their kindness made an already special weekend even more memorable. If I am ever lucky enough to return to Baltimore, there is no place I will stay other than the Inn at the Black Olive.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Greetings Nancy M:

It was an honor to have been apart of your special event and we are all very happy to have been able to assist when you needed us. Your kind words about the staff and about your stay are greatly appreciated.

Annapolis, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

A girlfriend and I stayed here for a weekend while working in Baltimore. The gentlemen (Steve & Ryan) working the front desk were so amazing and accomodating to our needs. They knew immediately that we were both crazy busy with work & made sure we never left the door without fresh coffee and even went to pick up a pizza for us when we arrived back at the hotel late & didnt have anything to eat. It felt like we were staying at a friends house. We took advantage of the free breakfast and had it delivered to our room every morning. Hit the spot! The cafe was super cute & offered some good wines and food at a great price. The staff in the cafe and at the hotel could not have been MORE nice. You pay just as much to stay here as you would most of the hotels in the area but the personal attention can not be beat. It feels like your staying in a one bedroom apartment vs. a hotel. I do agree with some of the other folks that it can get a little noisy since it is near a busy bar neighborhood of baltimore, but this could be a good thing if you want to be in walking distance to bars, restaurants, etc... VERY easy to catch a cab outside as well. Not to mention it is centrally located to most of the cool neighborhoods. And finally...it was SUPER clean. I would recommend this hotel to any friends coming to stay in Baltimore!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Dimitris S, Guest Relations Manager at Inn at The Black Olive, responded to this review, September 26, 2012
Greetings nshack6:

We as a team appreciate whenever a guest recognizes the importance of customer service we deliver to every guest that stays with us.

E:Ryan@theblackolive.com

Been to Inn at The Black Olive? Share your experiences!