“Easy drive” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #10 of 60 Hotels in Baltimore
Adelaide, Australia
“Easy drive”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2013

Certainly convenient to everything. Another of those hotels we could dump the car and we thought the parking price was reasonable for a large city.
We could walk or take the circulator bus everywhere although the bus wasn`t great and at times it was quicker to walk.
Loved the old revamped building. Room had a king bed, computer desk, and free wifi. Loved having a huge shower for a change. Get sick of clambering into baths.
Was a really easy walk to the inner harbour although we had a bit of trouble finding somewhere handy to eat, unusual for us.
The free breakfast was handy.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Lucy B, General Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites Downtown Inner Harbor, responded to this review, September 19, 2013
Thank you for choosing the Sleep Inn and Suites Downtown Inner Harbor! From reading your review it looks like you were able to explore much of Baltimore! I myself love to explore the city on foot, especially as were just a moment’s walk from all the major attractions.

I hope to welcome you back soon. Please do not hesitate to contact me should you need any help when making feature reservations.

410-779-6166 Ext. 110

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (127)
Carlisle,Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2013

My wife and I arrived on Friday night ; tired,hungry and just wanting to get settled. The desk clerk was working 3 jobs (and ? going to school). She was fabulous !!!!!!! She had a great personality and took care of the 3 of us without a blink of an eye. She then helped with suggestions for supper and even played with our silly jokes. Her name.... was Treasure. The other desk clerks were also very friendly and helpful.
They do have a free breakfast and the meal room attendant was upbeat,pleasant and efficient. She even told us about the outdoor seating on our 2nd morning. She said that others had indicated that it was the same breakfast as you would get anywhere. I truly believe the ingredients might be the same but the breakfast was so much better. Deb truly made our stay so nice that I plan to stay anytime I'm in Baltimore.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you for taking the time to share about your recent experience at the Sleep Inn and Suites Downtown Inner Harbor. My staff works hard to provide every guest with a memorable experience. I will be sure to pass along your kind comments.

It’s a great feeling knowing we exceeded your expatiations. We hope to welcome you back soon! Please do not hesitate to contact me directly should you need any assistance making feature reservations.

lansdale
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2013

My wife and I wanted someting close to the harbor, without being too expensive.
This hotel is it. It was a short 5 blocks from the inner harbor, no problems with parking and the staff could not have been better.
Whether it was the inner harbor, little italy, the aquarium or just some nice resturants this hotel is close to everything without having to deal with any downtown traffic.
At the main desk, Glen could not have been more helpful with suggestions for local eateries
and how the get around best either walking or driving.
Then we fortunately met Debi who handles the nice breakfasts in the morning and she went above and beyond by printing us a list of resturants with suggestions of which were the best.
We found ourselves walking most of the time and it was more fun that way, even tho my wife and I aren't spring chickens anymore. We had a ball.
We made sure we took a business card from the hotel when we checked out.
We highly recommend this hotel and we know we will return
Thanks, Debi and Glen.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for choosing the Sleep Inn and Suites Downtown Inner Harbor! I am happy to hear our hotel was able to exceed your expatiations! We pride ourselves in being able to provide excellent service at a great value.

You willingness to share your recent experience is genuinely appreciate. I will be sure to pass along your kind comments to my staff as well, they love to hear positive feedback from our satisfied guests.

The Sleep Inn and Suites hope to welcome you back soon! Please do not hesitate to contact me directly should you need help when making feature reservations.

Poulsbo, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2013

Unparalleled Service

I stayed at this Sleep Inn from July 9,2013 through July 13, 2013. I was in Baltimore to give a presentation at a national conference and came in a day early on a red eye, hoping to get some rest before my presentation partner arrived. We had planned to share a room to reduce expenses.

Our room was very,very large nicely decorated and then there was the bathroom The bathroom was so spacious you could have set up a paddle tennis table, had a match, and still have had room for someone to shave and shower.

The room was immaculate.The beds were large and comfortable. The bedding was excellent. It was quiet inside and out in the neighborhood.

I’ve stayed in hotels in twenty three countries. I’ve had some exceptional front desk service but none that superseded the service provided by the staff at this Sleep Inn. Glen,Treasure,Tyler and Aquil were marvelous. Take note rest of the world. This staff could show you how it’s done.

Lucy Boston is the general manager of this facility. Ms. Boston doesn’t skip a beat. If there’s anything she feels guests should know a letter is slipped under your door with an update.

The Sleep Inn is within walking distance of the inner harbor shops, restaurants and convention center. I’ll stay here when in Baltimore.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for choosing the Sleep Inn and Suites Downtown Inner Harbor! From reading your review you mentioned a few of my favorite things like or specious rooms, comfortable beds, and efficient staff.

As General Manager I strive to keep things running smoothly throughout all aspects of the hotel. My staff and I love to here we have achieved this and left guests with a memorable experience!

We truly appreciate you kind comments and hope to welcome you back the soon! Please do not hesitate to contact me personally should you need any assistance in making feature reservations!

Newport News, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2013

I have stayed at this hotel several times over the past few years. It has always been very nice but since Lucy took over as the general manager and Lola as the sales manager it has become excellent! Tyler and the rest of the staff are friendly and professional. The best Choice Hotel property I have ever stayed at. I cannot recommend a better place for TWICE the price in Baltimore. Although I heard the young energetic owner is building a boutique hotel near by. I might have to check that one out once it is finished.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for your kind comments about your recent stay at the Sleep Inn and Suites Downtown Inner Harbor! We greatly appreciate your willingness to share your experience and hope to welcome you back soon!

I will be sure to share you kind comments with the rest of the staff! We strive to make a memorable impression on every guest and love to hear when we have! Thank you again for your continued business.

Please do not hesitate to contact me personally should you need assistance when making feature reservations!

Ashland, Oregon
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2013

We stayed for 3 days. It is a clean comfortable economy hotel with a few plusses and a few minuses. The bed was comfortable, but the only other furnishings were a desk and desk chair. - no place for two people to sit. There was no in-room safe, little drawer space and few hangars in the closet. The staff was very friendly and helpful. Breakfast was a bit disappointing. The eggs were baked round disks of some vaguely egg-like yellow substance. (Looked like a smiley-face without the smile.) The sausage patties were swimming in grease. One of the two toasters didn't work. The waffles and yogurt were good though.

The location is almost good, but a little far from the inner harbor. There is no hotel restaurant and only a few within 4-5 blocks. It is about a half mile walk to the National Aquarium and inner harbor restaurants and shops, and about the same to the many Italian restaurants in the Little Italy neighborhood. If you are not up to walking, the free Charm City Circulator busses sort of work for these trips, but it's a round-about route and you have to change between the Green and Orange lines midway. There is no hotel shuttle. To or from BWI airport you can take the Super Shuttle ($14/person one way) or a Taxi (Yellow/Checker $30 flat rate; other cabs $35-40).

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for choosing to share your recent experience at the Sleep Inn and Suites Downtown Inner Harbor. As you mentioned in you review we are a short 5-10 minute walk to the Inner Harbor and are lucky enough to have the Charm City Circulator bus stop just outside our hotel!

From reading your review I noticed you would have liked an in-room safe. Some of our rooms come equip with the safe however, it is upon request. Please be sure to mention this during your next visit!

We hope to welcome you back to Charm City soon! Please do not hesitate to contact me personally should you need assistance when booking feature reservations.

Hamilton, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2013

JYNorflet
My wife, my older daughter and myself stayed at he 301 Fallsway sleep-in & suites for 2 nights and 3 days. Overall the hotel was very nice, organized and the staff had great personalities. The room was a good size as was the bed. I was happy to have the free morning breakfast as an option, but could have been a bit better quality. My biggest issue was the $15.00 per night parking which effectively increased the room rate. I felt this was a hidden charge as it was the staff made absolutely no mention of until my daughter happened to notice the small sign n the front desk. It was explained that other hotels in the area charge $25 and up, I've always been taught 2 wrongs don't make a right. 1 last comment, The shortest walking path to the Inner Harbor seemed to be Gay street, be careful at night, this seems to be where the city administrators are stashing their homeless (sad site to see but reality).
CarCarePro.org - Save money & the environment with Electric cars -

Room Tip: The room was good. There were no cups in the bathroom but were available upon request. the top floor...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for choosing the Sleep Inn and Suites Downtown Inner Harbor! I am happy to hear you enjoyed your time with us in Charm City while attending the Grand Prix. As you mentioned we are the perfect location while visiting downtown Baltimore as we are just a moments walk!

As in any large city parking is always a struggle. We are fortunate enough to have our own private lot for guest use. We do our best to make guest aware of the $15 parking charge by placing our policy sign at our front desk for guest to read. We also asking guest to initial in agreement next to the charge on their registration card during check in.

I hope to welcome you back soon! Please do not hesitate to contact me personally should you need any assistance when booking feature reservations.

410-779-6166 Ext. 110

Been to Sleep Inn & Suites Downtown Inner Harbor? Share your experiences!