“A very nice place to stay near Downtown Baltimore” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #13 of 61 Hotels in Baltimore
Lancaster, Pennsylvania
“A very nice place to stay near Downtown Baltimore”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2013

We are Choice Privileges members, so we naturally were looking for a hotel in Baltimore that is a member of the Choice family. Other hotels closer to the Inner Harbor may charge outrageous prices, but this Sleep Inn is probably just about as nice. We were treated very nicely when we arrived and the General Manager even left a welcoming note in our room along with complementary snacks. The hotel has a small exercise room but no pool. The rooms are sized nicely with very high ceilings since it is a repurposed 100 year old warehouse. The bed was extremely comfortable and the room was decorated nicely and extremely clean. Our room was a small king corner room, and my only misgivings were that there was no mini fridge and the bathroom had an awkward layout with the toilet located less than 12 inches away from the shower door opening. Luckily we both are quite small in stature so this wasn't an issue. In addition, while there was a parking lot, an extra $15 fee is assessed per night and it is insufficient for the size of the hotel, so you'd better make an early night if you want a parking space. The hotel is in a slightly dicey neighborhood which not easily accessible by Public Transit and I would not recommend going out alone at night. the nearest light rail is about 8 blocks away and Amtrak is 1.4 miles away. We took advantage of the free breakfast which was typical continental fare with make-your-own waffles, hot sausage and scrambled eggs, cereal, juice and coffee. All-in-all we were treated very nicely at this hotel and I would recommend it for those traveling by car only.

Room Tip: Request a room with more than 1 bed. The single bed room had an awkward bathroom layout.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Lucy B, General Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites Downtown Inner Harbor, responded to this review, July 23, 2013
Thank you for sharing your recent stay with us on Trip Advisor. Our team works hard to provide nothing but the best service and to exceed everyone’s expectations, and I am glad that we achieved this during your stay. I am happy to read that you were pleased with our breakfast selection, my personal favorite are the waffles! We hope to see you can visit us again soon.

If there is anything I can ever do to assist you with future stays at our hotel, please do not hesitate to contact me directly Don’t forget to “like us” on Facebook (Sleep Inn & Suites Downtown Inner Harbor).

410-779-6166 Ext. 110

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (130)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2013

We had never stayed in a Sleep Inn before and were unsure what to expect from the brand. It was a fantastic surprise!

Rooms:

The rooms are beautiful and the beds so comfortable! We didn't want to even get out of our beds for check out!

Staff:

Helpful and accommodating!

Value:

This has to be the best value near the Inner Harbor. Great breakfast for free and a very comfortable hotel at the price. The parking is cheaper than at most other hotels in the area too.

Location:

I see some people saying that the location in questionable. I think it just LOOKS that way. We felt completely safe, even at night. It was also within walking distance to the Inner Harbor and very close to the Power Plant area. Inexpensive cab ride ($10) to the train station.

Overall just a great place at a great price. No special perks like room service or a pool but if you don't need all of the extras, I absolutely recommend this hotel! You may be pleasantly surprised. :)

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you for your wonderful review, many guest's choose their hotel of choice by looking at online reviews, so please know that we really appreciate you taking the time to write about your positive experience with us. I am so happy to hear you found the Sleep Inn & Suites to be one of the best values in Baltimore!

If there is anything I can ever do to assist you with future stays at our hotel, please do not hesitate to contact me directly. I look forward to welcoming you back again soon!

Harrisburg, Pennsylvania, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2013

My husband was admitted to Johns Hopkins on short notice I call the hotel Thursday morning explained my situation and they were happy to assist me. The hotel is clean and the staff friendly. They had a shuttle that took me back and forth. Great place to stay!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
Thank you for choosing the Sleep Inn & Suites on your recent trip to Baltimore! I am happy to hear we were able to provide you with a clean and comfortable place to stay while your husband was admitted to Johns Hopkins. I am glad you were able to take advantage of our shuttle to and from the hospital during your time with us.

If there is anything I can do to assist you on your next trip to Baltimore please do not hesitate to contact me!

New Jersey, USA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2013 via mobile

Good hotel, and convenient. I just fought the neighborhood wasn't the best--it's an inner city. I had to go to Johns Hopkins Hospital the next day, hence my stay here. Parking was very limited, I got the last spot as they were redoing the parking lot. Next time I will take the train from NY/NJ to Johns Hopkins as the metro goes right there.

• Stayed July 2013
Thank you for choosing to stay with us during your recent visit to Baltimore, your willingness to share your experience is genuinely appreciated.

As in any large city, unfortunately there are homeless people, and you will see them around the whole city. During my time working at the Sleep Inn & Suites I have made many trips to the Inner Harbor, and I have not once been approached by a homeless person. I do not believe that they are a threat or offer an unsafe environment to our guests. I am sure that other hotels within the city will encounter the same issue.

I hope to welcome you back sometime in the near feature. Please do not hesitate to contact me if I can be of any help with future stays at our hotel.

Morgantown, West Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2013

Stayed here for 1 night in July. I arrived at 3pm and the room was ready. Parking was self-park right next to the hotel and cost $15/day. Very reasonable for Baltimore. The hotel was very clean and new looking. The room was comfortable and modern...the bed was very comfy! WiFi is free and was fast for me. Breakfast is complimentary with cereal, waffles, eggs, sausage, etc. The staff were all very nice. Others have mentioned that the surrounding area is a bit on the dodgy side, but it is also very close to the police station so the police are constantly driving past. My wife and I did not feel unsafe when returning at night.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Lucy B, General Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites Downtown Inner Harbor, responded to this review, July 19, 2013
Welcome back to the Sleep Inn and Suites! Thank you for taking the time to share about your recent stay with us, we greatly appreciate your feedback. I am glad you found the location of the hotel pleasing and convenient to the Inner Harbor! I take walks to the Inner Harbor daily and find it very enjoyable! I'm happy we were able to get you checked in early. We look forward to welcoming you back in the near feature!

Port Orchard WA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2013

The most impressive trait associated with my stay this past July is customer service. Both Glen and Tyler were absolutely "GO TO" service providers throughout our stay. I was most impressed with their perspective: They treated us as if we were family staying in their home. This is such an important piece of the travel experience; genuine connection.

As far as the hotel, it is a former warehouse retrofitted in a contemporary fashion as a hotel and meets our needs; the aesthetics of the building and functionality were outstanding. Most noteworthy, the beds are very comfortable and the rooms provide a QUIET respite from the outside.

The only complaint; I believe the quality of the breakfast was marginal. It serves as a basic however, it was more at the level of a school breakfast or airplane food. Nothing which would serve as the foundation for the day.

I strongly recommend this hotel!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Thank you taking the time to post a great review about your recent stay with us. From reading your review, I see that my team has been able to give you a memorable and enjoyable experience; this is our goal for each one of our guests! I am very lucky to have such wonderful employees, they truly go above and beyond to ensure our guests have the best stay possible.
I am surprised to hear that you did not find anything you liked for breakfast. We offer a wide verity of choices such as eggs, sausage, waffles, danishes, yogurt, hot and cold cereal, and much more!

If there is ever anything I can do to accommodate you in a future visit to our hotel, please do not hesitate to contact me. I look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Highland Park, New Jersey
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013

We stayed at the Sleep Inn & Suites Downtown Inner Harbor on our recent holiday weekend trip to Baltimore. The hotel itself was pretty good although the location was not the greatest (next to a church that the homeless use as base camp). However, the downtown and Inner Harbor were within a few minutes walk.

I'm not sure why but I was not allowed to check in early as the staff informed me that there were no open rooms when I arrived (I found this odd since late check out was 1 pm and I arrived around that time). The hotel did not have a pool which would have been great given it was hot and humid all weekend but we knew that when we booked. You had to pay $15 a day for parking which wasn't great but wasn't terrible either. The complimentary breakfast was decent and they had plenty of food so there were no issues there for us.

Overall it was a decent hotel for the money. It could have been better, but it could have been a whole lot worse as well.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to share about your recent experience at the Sleep Inn and Suites. I am happy to read you enjoyed our hot breakfast buffet, and that we were able to get your day started off right in the morning!

I apologize we were not able to check you in upon your early arrival. We strive our best to accommodate special requests. As much as we would love to have our own pool, we have recently partnered with the Maryland Athletic Club (MAC), located just minutes from the hotel, and offer daily passes available at the front desk. The MAC provides three salt water pools and a jacuzzi for relaxing!

I hope to welcome you back soon. My staff try hard to provide guest with nothing bu the best customer service and best experience. Please feel free to contact me personally if I can be of any assistance when booking your next trip to Charm City!