“Wonderful Stay” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #7 of 59 Hotels in Baltimore
Lafayette, Louisiana
“Wonderful Stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013

My husband and I had a pleasant stay at the Sleep Inn in Baltimore, MD. Room was large
and clean. Staff was friendly and very helpful. Breakfast was excellent, many choices, staff was very accommodating. Hotel was in a very good location. My husband and I would certainly stay here again when returning to Baltimore.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Lucy B, General Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites Downtown Inner Harbor, responded to this review, July 23, 2013
Thank you so much for sharing with us and the TripAdvisor community on your stay. It truly means a lot to us when guests take the time out of their day to post us a review. Our staff loves to hear great comments from our guests, I will be sure to pass on your kind words. If there is ever anything I can do to accommodate you in a future trip to our hotel please do not hesitate to contact me directly. We're here for you!

410-779-6166 Ext. 110

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (119)
Cleveland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2013

Overall, not a bad value. The location is really on the outskirts of the Inner Harbor and near some sort of homeless shelter. Baltimore has a FREE circulator bus system that can get you to just about every location you'd want to go (but service ends rather early at 9p, but cab ride was just $5 from the Inner Harbor) and there is a stop right next door (as long as you can deal with the locals who ride). The guy at the front desk *could* have been better educated on that service and offered better directions.

The rooms and common areas are very new and modern in a renovated warehouse building. The self-service parking lot was right next door and there were plenty of spaces.

The free breakfast was typical budget hotel fare -- some sort of warm hockey puck "egg", sausage patties, and make-your-own waffles. The staff did an great job keeping the (small) eating area clean while keeping all the food and beverages well-stocked.

I would probably stay closer to the Inner Harbor/Ballpark next time, but this location is probably the best value for your money, especially if you're on a budget.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Lucy B, General Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites Downtown Inner Harbor, responded to this review, July 15, 2013
Thank you for choosing to stay with us during your recent visit to Baltimore, your willingness to share your experience is genuinely appreciated. We strive for the best customer service and to make our guests' stay as convenient and pleasing as possible! I will be sure to share your wonderful comments with the rest of the team. Please do not hesitate to contact me if I can be of any help with future stays at our hotel.

Clearwater, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2013

Accommodations, staff and experience were excellent. Only ran into a glitch with the transport vehicle from the hotel to Johns Hopkins Hospital in that they were almost 1/2 hour late and we were worried we would miss our appointment with a consult doctor. The trip was to evaluate my husband's health problems and it took months to get it set up, so it was very important to us to be there on time.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
We'd like to thank you for sharing with us and the TripAdvisor community on your stay. It truly means a lot to us when guests take the time out of their day to post us a review.

I apologize the shuttle to Johns Hopkins was running behind schedule. We have a long lasting relationship with Johns Hopkins Hospital and work hard to provide their patients with the best customer service and a stress free environment. Many patients coming to Baltimore to Johns Hopkins have even called us their home away from home.

I hope to welcome you back in the near feature and in good health! I will be sure to pass on your kind words. If there is ever anything we can do to accommodate you in a future trip to our hotel please do not hesitate to contact us. We're here for you!

Greensboro, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

I was very impressed with this hotel. It was clean, the staff was extremely friendly, and the rooms are well appointed. :) I would highly recommend this hotel if you need to spend some time in Baltimore!! The free breakfast was a very nice surprise! It was conveniently located and I didn't have any problems finding it at all.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Thank you very much for your kind words regarding your recent stay with us at the Sleep Inn & Suites Downtown Inner Harbor. It is very rewarding to know that you found our hotel up to be above your expectations. I am happy to know you found breakfast to be a nice surprise, my personal favorite is the fresh waffles!

I also find our hotel to be in the perfect location! Just a 5 minute walk to the inner harbor and all the major attractions. We are also conveniently located on the Charm City Circulator Green Bus route. This is a free bus that stops just outside the Sleep Inn and runs to the inner harbor! I hope to welcome you back soon. Please feel free to contact me if I can be any of assistance in planning your future trips to Baltimore!

Hagerstown, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

I was pleasently surprized by the hotel and the location. Short walk to downtown and other atractions. The hotel itself was clean, modern, and the free breakfast was plentiful and good! The room itself was clean and very spacious with a comfy bed, fidge, microwave,etc. My one and only complaint was the air conditioning in the room could be alittle better. Had it on high and on 60, and the room was not cold, but overall the room temp was ok. I will def stay there again and again!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your wonderful review, many guest's choose their hotel of choice by looking at online reviews, so please know that we really appreciate you taking the time to write about your positive experience with us. If there is anything I can ever do to assist you with future stays at our hotel, please do not hesitate to contact me directly. I look forward to welcoming you back again soon!

georgia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2013

Very nice modern style hotel - beds were comfortable - rooms were clean - more so than most places we've stayed. Bathroom modern - door wouldn't stay open - kept swinging shut - had to block it with garbage can. Nice lobby area. Very helpful hotel staff. Area hotel was located was outskirts of inner harbor - surprised that it is considered Inner Harbor - prepare for a fair amount of walking through some not so nice areas to get to Little Italy, Inner Harbor, Camden Yards, etc. Was creepy walking at night - so don't walk alone. Closest to Little Italy. Would I stay there again? No - would opt for something in the immediate Inner Harbor area in a safer area. Wasn't worth the price savings. If you took your car and drove to Inner Harbor area, you'd have to pay to park, so there goes your savings. Average buffet breakfast - waffles, powdered egg patty, bagels, toast, sausage patty.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you for choosing the Sleep Inn and Suites Downtown Inner Harbor. I am pleased you found the rooms to be clean and comfortable. Our hotel staff works hard to provide nothing but the best customer service, from the housekeeping to the front desk we all work as a team to uphold the standards we have set at the Sleep Inn and Suites.

I apologize that you did not find the walk to the Inner Harbor appealing. I myself have walked numerous times and found it to be quite relaxing and fun to cite see, as Presidents Street is a main road to the harbor.

I look hope to welcome you back in the near future. Please do not hesitate to contact me if I can be of any assistance on your next trip to Baltimore!

Ocean City, Maryland, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2013

I have stayed in this hotel several times, every time I make a trip to Baltimore for an event or a concert. It is within walking distance to most if not all of the venues. It is clean and comfortable, and the staff is extremely friendly. The decor and color scheme is very relaxing and comfortable. A plus is it is located right next door to the police station making it feel secure and safe. Not to mention the free breakfast is a hit! Wouldent stay any where else :)

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Lucy B, General Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites Downtown Inner Harbor, responded to this review, June 19, 2013
We are so glad to have you as a repeat guest at our hotel. The location is ideal for shows and events and is within walking distance to most anything one can think of. Our décor and color scheme are specifically designed to make you feel cool and at ease as you enjoy our spacious rooms and delicious complimentary breakfast buffet. Thanks for the great review and remember to “like” Sleep Inn & Suites Downtown Inner Harbor on Facebook!

See you soon,
Lucy Boston

Been to Sleep Inn & Suites Downtown Inner Harbor? Share your experiences!