“Great hotel, convenient location, helpful staff” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #8 of 59 Hotels in Baltimore
New York City, New York
“Great hotel, convenient location, helpful staff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2013

Our family needed a reasonable place to stay in Baltimore last weekend, and the Sleep Inn was a fine choice. It is close to just about everything, has nice rooms, a full breakfast, onsite parking, and a truly helpful and pleasant staff. It may not be luxurious, but then again the rates are very reasonable and the rooms are superb. If you are heading to Baltimore for Camden Yards, the Harbor, or Aquarium you won't find a better deal than the Sleep Inn. This was the first time we have stayed at a Sleep Inn, and I intend on trying out their other locations in the near future. Just a smart choice.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Lucy B, General Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites Downtown Inner Harbor, responded to this review, May 21, 2013
Thank you for your wonderful comments regarding your recent visit to the Sleep Inn & Suites Downtown Inner Harbor. I am happy to read that you loved the convenient location of our hotel. I really enjoy being able to walk to the Inner Harbor and all attractions in Baltimore from the hotel. I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future! Don’t forget to “Like” us on Facebook (Sleep Inn & Suites Downtown Inner Harbor).

410-779-6166 Ext. 110

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (117)
Williamsburg, VA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2013

My first visit and it was perfect. Greeted with a smile and warm welcome! The first impression upon walking in was calm and soothing. There were many special touches throughout the hotel that would make anyone feel like being home. Opening my door I walked into a beautifully decorated room with crisp fresh linen. The room was immaculate... And believe me I look in every corner of the room. The bathroom was wonderful. Best shower ever!!! The bathroom floor have the most wonderful tile. This hotel is a wonderful treasure and I hope to visit again very soon Congratulations to the manager Lucy for a job well done!!!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Lucy B, General Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites Downtown Inner Harbor, responded to this review, May 17, 2013
Thank you taking the time to post a great review about your recent stay with us. From reading your review, I see that my team have been able to give you a memorable and enjoyable experience; this is our goal for each one of our guests! I am very lucky to have such wonderful employees, they truly go above and beyond to ensure our guests have the best stay possible.

If there is ever anything I can do to accommodate you in a future visit to our hotel, please do not hesitate to contact me. I look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Duncannon, PA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2013

Never stayed in a Sleep Inn before, but stayed here while a family member was at Johns Hopkins. Checked in very quickly and was enjoying a wonderful wine and snack happy hour within minutes as it was a Thursday evening. Very, very friendly staff.

Found the room to be perfect, comfortable king bed and a lot of extra amenities. It's the best place I've stayed in Baltimore. It is still new and not run down, and for the price it cannot be beat. Used the free shuttle to the hospital and that went well. It looks like the Green charm bus stops near the hotel?

The free breakfast is do-it-yourself and included waffles, yogurt, fruit, cereal.

I would definitely stay here again if in the area.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Thank you for choosing to stay with us during your recent visit to Baltimore, your willingness to share your experience is genuinely appreciated. We strive for the best customer service and to make our guests' stay as convenient and pleasing as possible!
I am glad you were able to take advantage of the hospital shuttle during your stay. As you said there is also the Green Charm City Circulator that stops just outside the hotel. This is one of out of the 3 routes that cover the entire downtown area.
I will be sure to share your wonderful comments with the rest of the team. Please do not hesitate to contact me if I can be of any help with future stays at our hotel.

Westville, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2013 via mobile

A great stay for the price. My wife and I went down for her fortieth Bday. We had the jacuzzi room. It was fantastic, the room was clean and nice size. The king size bed was fresh and comfortable. The jacuzzi was great, it was clean worked wonderfully and was refreshing. Nice size bathroom with a stand up large shower glass enclosed. The shower was large enough for two comfortably to bath up and rinse without standing on one another or getting each other all soapy after we rinsed. Large refrigerator, microwave, coffee maker and a large flat screen TV. Nice location in comparison to the inner harbor and restaurants and such. The TV was on a swinging arm so while we were in the jacuzzi we could actually swing it out and face us so we could watch while in the tub!!!!! Great hot breakfast with a nice selection to choose from. The hospitality and the help from the ladies behind the front desk was great. They printed locations, names, numbers and directions to restaurants and places to shop for us. They were great. The hotel was quiet and that was surprising to me because it was actually packed. All around a good place and comfortable relaxing nice stay

Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you so much for leaving us a spectacular review! It truly means a lot to us when guests take the time out of their day to post us a review. I'm very happy to read that we were able to share your birthday celelbrations with you - Happy Belated Birthday!

Don’t forget to “LIKE” us on Facebook (Sleep Inn & Suites Downtown Inner Harbor) and our entire staff at the Sleep Inn is looking forward to welcoming you back in the near future. If there is ever anything I can do to accommodate you in a future visit to our hotel, please do not hesitate to contact me directly.

New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2013

enjoyed hotel very much. it was clean. bed was very comfortable. free breakfast was very satisfying. staff was very nice and helpful. it was convenient to inner harbor and downtown and i was able to walk to both places. i plan on staying there again and frequently.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to share your comments about your recent stay at the Sleep Inn & Suites Downtown Inner Harbor. I am happy to read you enjoyed our free breakfast and convenient location. I am so please to hear that you will be staying with us again! If I can be of any assistance in helping you with any future stays please do not hesitate to contact me.

Fayetteville, North Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2013

The Sleep Inn is conveniently located close to the Inner Harbor, but expect at least a ten minute walk or longer depending on where you are going. The staff was friendly and helpful upon check-in, and I soon found my way to my room. The room was large enough and well furnished for a short stay.

There were two issues with the room itself. First was leftover Chinese food on the window sill that had been left from some other guest. You would think the housekeeping staff would've noticed given the smell, but that wasn't the case or they didn't care. That's not the first impression that you want when you enter the room. The second issue was the noise. You could hear everything from outside and next door (when I say everything, you'll hear everything that you wouldn't want your kids to hear!).

The bathroom was small, offering only a shower which I would've only used anyways. The lighting was dim, and it took awhile for my eyes to adjust. Also be weary that the shower door doesn't seal all the way, resulting in water getting onto the bathroom floor.

The breakfast spread was good, offering a selection of both hot and cold selections. The breakfast room was small, but the turnover was quick so wasn't a problem finding a seat. The only minor issue was the lack of coffee one morning.

The exercise room was very small, with only three cardiovascular machines available. It's not an issue unless several people want to use it. It would've been nice to have some other machines available, or at least an open area where you could do pushups or other exercises. I got the impression that the exercise room was an afterthought.

While I wouldn't necessarily say not to stay here, there are definitely other selections in the vicinity that would be better suited for a stay in the Inner Harbor area of the city.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
Thank you for posting about your recent stay with us on Trip Advisor. I apologize that your room had not being properly serviced before your stay, and I would like to thank you for bringing this matter to my attention. I have addressed this with my Housekeeping Manager, and took this as a further training opportunity for my housekeeping team. Again, please accept my apologies for the inconvenience. I hope you will consider this an isolated incident and that you will stay with us again in the near future. Thank you for choosing to stay at the Sleep Inn & Suites downtown Inner Harbor.

Allentown, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2013

Stayed at the Sleep Inn with a group of friends while on vacation. The hotel is clean and the staff was friendly and accomodating. Checking in was quick and painless as it should be. We were in the room within 5 minutes after arriving at the hotel. The room we stayed in had two beds and sleeper sofa. Nice big room for the 5 of us that went. The price for the room was great considering a lot of other hotels in the area had 1 bed rooms for about the same price. Looking forward to saying at this hotel again!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
Lucy B, General Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites Downtown Inner Harbor, responded to this review, May 6, 2013
Thank you very much for your kind words regarding your recent stay with us at the Sleep Inn & Suites Downtown Inner Harbor. It is very rewarding to know that you enjoyed our property, friendly staff, and complimentary breakfast! Please feel free to contact me if I can be any of assistance in planning your future trips to Baltimore!

410-779-6166 Ext. 110

Been to Sleep Inn & Suites Downtown Inner Harbor? Share your experiences!