The Sleep Inn is conveniently located close to the Inner Harbor, but expect at least a ten minute walk or longer depending on where you are going. The staff was friendly and helpful upon check-in, and I soon found my way to my room. The room was large enough and well furnished for a short stay.
There were two issues with the room itself. First was leftover Chinese food on the window sill that had been left from some other guest. You would think the housekeeping staff would've noticed given the smell, but that wasn't the case or they didn't care. That's not the first impression that you want when you enter the room. The second issue was the noise. You could hear everything from outside and next door (when I say everything, you'll hear everything that you wouldn't want your kids to hear!).
The bathroom was small, offering only a shower which I would've only used anyways. The lighting was dim, and it took awhile for my eyes to adjust. Also be weary that the shower door doesn't seal all the way, resulting in water getting onto the bathroom floor.
The breakfast spread was good, offering a selection of both hot and cold selections. The breakfast room was small, but the turnover was quick so wasn't a problem finding a seat. The only minor issue was the lack of coffee one morning.
The exercise room was very small, with only three cardiovascular machines available. It's not an issue unless several people want to use it. It would've been nice to have some other machines available, or at least an open area where you could do pushups or other exercises. I got the impression that the exercise room was an afterthought.
While I wouldn't necessarily say not to stay here, there are definitely other selections in the vicinity that would be better suited for a stay in the Inner Harbor area of the city.
- Also Known As:
- Sleep Inn And Suites Downtown Inner Harbor
- Sleep Inn & Suites Downtown Inner Harbor Hotel Baltimore
- Sleep Inn & Suites Downtown Inner Harbor Hotel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located just blocks from the Downtown Inner Harbor and Harbor East, Sleep Inn Baltimore Downtown Inner Harbor offers all of the advantages business travelers and leisure guests are looking for, in a quiet and convenient setting. Walking distance to most of the area's attractions, experience the value of the Sleep Inn brand; within a warm, historic setting. As a beautiful retrofit to a 20th century warehouse, the hotel includes exposed brick and waterfalls that adorn both sides of the main entrance and provide a dramatic introduction to a lobby with 25' ceilings. Quality at an affordable price. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Priceline, Expedia, Choice Hotels, Travelocity, HotelsClick, Cheap Tickets, Orbitz and Tingo so you can book your Sleep Inn & Suites Downtown Inner Harbor reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.