“Can't wait to stay here again!” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #8 of 59 Hotels in Baltimore
Baltimore, Maryland
“Can't wait to stay here again!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2012

I chose this hotel because of the positive reviews and this really was a great hotel! Very convenient to all things Baltimore. Extremely convenient to Johns Hopkins Hospital which was the reason for our stay. Breakfast was fantastic, free happy hour on Thursday night was awesome! Very friendly staff, and the whole place smelled amazing! Rooms appear to be brand new and the beds were very comfortable. Parking was adjacent to the hotel, just a few steps to the front door which was great for my elderly mother. We will definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Our room was right next door to the vending machines and the elevator! Loved it! Very quiet.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Lucy B, General Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites Downtown Inner Harbor, responded to this review, December 3, 2012
Thank you for choosing to stay with us during your recent visit to Baltimore and for sharing your feedback with us about your recent stay. I am glad you found our hotel convenient to John Hopkins. I am pleased to read that you were able to attend or Wine and Cheese party, that we host every Thursday in appreciation of our guests.
Thank you for recommending the Sleep Inn & Suites, and I hope to welcome you back soon. If there is anything I can do to accommodate you in your next stay, please do not hesitate to contact me.

410-779-6166 Ext. 110

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (117)
Williamsport, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

Our recent trip to Baltimore included an overnight visit to this hotel. It was just the kind of accommodation we were needing, and much more than we expected. Clean, reasonable cost, fine service, easy to find off Rt 83, and a good location for us. We expect to go again to Baltimore and will return to this hotel.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for leaving us a great review. I am happy to read that you found the Sleep Inn & Suites Downtown Inner Harbor to be more than you expected and that you enjoyed your stay with us. Our goal is to ensure everyone has a memorable experience. I will be sure to pass along your kind comments to our lovely staff. Don’t forget to “Like” us on Facebook (Sleep Inn & Suites Downtown Inner Harbor) and we look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Leuven, Belgium
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2012

We stayed in the hotel one night during our East Coast road trip. We had already stayed at a lot of hotels at that time so we were very pleased this was a new (or recently renovated) hotel. The room was clean and not too small. Everything in the bathroom worked.
There was little staff present. The receptionist was extremely friendly and helped us with all our questions. Breakfast was included and was basic but okay.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Thank you very much for your kind comments regarding your recent stay at the Sleep Inn & Suites Downtown Inner Harbor. Our mission is to provide our guests with an outstanding experience through exceptional service and well appointed guestrooms. We are very thrilled to know that we met your expectations and satisfied your needs. We hope to welcome you back soon. Please do not hesitate to contact me if I can be of any assistance on your next visit to Baltimore.

Cumberland, Maryland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2012

While the decor was updated and modern and the price was good, I felt there were a few things that could be changed to make it better...

Pros-It was a reasonable price and the water pressure in the shower was great!

Cons-You have to pay $15 per night to park in THEIR parking lot and there is no free shuttle to the downtown area, walls were thin and you could hear water running through them and we could hear people talking outside the hotel all night...

I think if you the hotel has a parking lot, you shouldn't have to pay to park in it or well, include that in the price so it doesn't look like you are charging for it...

Also, I feel like there should/could be a free shuttle to the downtown areas. It wasn't a far walk from the hotel, but I wouldn't feel safe walking it at night as some of the area's you have to walk through are a little sketchy... Of course, there was always a shuttle outside that could take you, it's a little pricey...I would probably get a cab.

I had checked my hotel charges on my credit card before leaving so I knew that I had already been charged the $15 per night to park, but when I checked out, the front desk said it looks like you just owe for parking...had I not know that I had already been charged for it, I probably would have ended up paying again. I don't know how he couldn't see that and then he said, ok I see now and then gave me my receipt. While he was very friendly...it just seemed odd.

Overall, for the price it was ok. I didn't feel like I needed to wipe down everything with sanitizer and the bed was clean and comfortable which is saying a lot for me who is a germaphobe in hotels...

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for choosing to stay with us during your recent visit to Baltimore and your willingness to share your experience is genuinely appreciated. Parking can be a challenge in most big cities however, our parking fee is relatively inexpensive compared to other hotels in the downtown area. At check in all credit cards are authorized for the total charges due for the stay, including parking. During check out is when the charges are confirmed and charged to the credit card. If there is ever anything I can do to accommodate you in your next stay, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Hamilton, NJ
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2012

Very nice hotel in central Baltimore. The staff is next to none. Glen on the front desk is extremely helpful and friendly. Lou with the breakfast medley and Thurs wine & cheese night is a wealth of information. We have been staying here weekly due to our son's serious medical condition and having the shuttle available to take us back and forth to the hospital is an added bonus. The staff can't do enough to make our stay un-stressful. The hotel is continuing to upgrade where ever needed and welcomes any feedback. The rooms and beds are very comfortable.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Emerald Isle, NC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012

This is a very nice, recently remodeled hotel centrally located in downtown Baltimore. The adjacent parking is very secure and the staff is over the top friendly and helpful. They went out of their way to insure we knew all of the attractions in the area and made us feel like family at the thursday evening complimentary cocktail party. This was another Choice Hotel that met all of our expectations and presented us exceptional value for our travel dollar. Be sure to talk with Lou to find all the out of the way insider things to do and see.

Room Tip: Corner rooms are very quiet and large
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Lucy B, General Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites Downtown Inner Harbor, responded to this review, November 16, 2012
Thank you for writing us a wonderful review, and for choosing to stay with us during your time in Baltimore. I am very glad to hear that you thoroughly enjoyed your stay at our hotel. Thank you for mentioning our wonderful staff, I will be sure to pass along your kind comments to Lou and the rest of our team. They all love to hear feedback from our guests. We greatly appreciate you taking the time to leave a review on Trip Advisor, many people choose where to stay based on online reviews so thank you for sharing your experience. If there is anything I can do to accommodate you in a future visit to our hotel please do not hesitate to contact me. I look forward to welcoming you back to the Sleep Inn & Suites Downtown Inner Harbor in the near future.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012 via mobile

We were supposed to stay at a fancy hotel and at the last minute, realized the travel agency screwed up our reservations. Best mistake they couldve ever made!Great deal! Loveeee the atmosphere. Rooms very clean. Breakfast every AM. Very warm and friendly staff. Would definitely return.

• Stayed November 2012
Thank you for leaving us a spectacular review. We are very glad that you stumbled upon our hotel and found it to up to your standards. I am pleased to hear that you thoroughly enjoyed your time while staying at our hotel.

We always love reading reviews from first-time guests who have had an amazing stay. We get a lot of feedback from patrons who also love our warm and inviting staff. I will be sure to pass along your kind comments to the rest of the team.

We'd like to thank you for sharing with us and the TripAdvisor community on your stay. It truly means a lot to us when guests take the time out of their day to post us a review.

If there is ever anything we can do to accommodate you in a future trip to our hotel please do not hesitate to contact us. We're here for you!

Lucy Boston

Been to Sleep Inn & Suites Downtown Inner Harbor? Share your experiences!