“Wild and fun” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Rams Head Live

Rams Head Live
20 Market Place, Baltimore, MD (Downtown)
410-244-8854
Hagerstown Maryland, USA
8 attraction reviews
“Wild and fun”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2012

The place was packed the night we went and it was standing room only, literally. There's a place with seats but you have to pay extra. No need though, the band had us on our feet all night!

I would suggest comfortable shoes because the floor is cement and can be a little hard on the knees for us 50 and above. lol

Great fun.

Visited February 2011

Bear, Delaware
33 attraction reviews
“Great place, nice people”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2011

Went there for a concert. Went early for drinks. Wish they served food but they let people bring in take out 2 hrs before the concerts. It had lots of bars and the staff was great

Visited November 2011
Baltimore, Maryland
17 attraction reviews
“Great venue, easy to get a good view!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2011

I went here to see Coheed and Cambria recently. We arrived a bit late, and I thought that since I am a short person, I would not be able to see anything. Rams Head Live has a regular in front of the stage standing area and multiple balconies. I was actually still able to see in the area that was in front of the stage. The sound was also great. One thing that I did not like was the super $$$$ drinks. Nothing like NYC, but still at least $6...even for cheap beer. But all in all, a great venue! :)

Visited April 2011
Delaware
221 attraction reviews
1,072 helpful votes 1,072 helpful votes
“Great place for a concert: Good Sound, Lighting, Crowd Control. GREAT location.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2010

My husband and I have been here for 2 concerts now. We saw Bucky Covington here a few years back. We enjoyed the experience then, so when we heard Adam Lambert was coming to the Rams Head Live..we knew it would be a great show.

Last night we saw Adam Lambert with Alison Iraehta & Orianthi at the Rams Head Live. Rams Head is general admission with standing room. The doors opened at 7pm and the concert was scheduled to start at 8pm. We arrived at the venue a few minutes after 8pm. The line was gone and the concert had just started. We handed our tickets to the venue employee, who scanned them & then threw them away. She also asked to see our ID and stamped our hand before letting us inside. I believe it is mostly a 21 & up venue, which we love. We love having the more mature crowd. This way you also avoid the screaming pre-teen & teenage girls. Note: They also have a sign posted that says no re-admittance after you go in. So, make sure you have no reason to leave--because you probably won't get back in.

Once inside, you will see they have a nice bar area with stools. There are several larger screened TVs around the bar. To the left was a snack bar for hot food items (chicken tenders, burgers, fries) and the restrooms (plus a cigarette machine). To the right was the souvenier stand and the stairs to access the upper levels. There are 3 higher levels that have balconys out over the venue. The 3rd section (highest up) was for VIPs only. I'm not sure how they got VIP passes, but they had it blocked off to general admission. We couldn't get close enough to the railing on the upper levels and decided to go back down to the main level. From just in front of the bar & souvenir stand, we had a clear view of the stage & performers. We ended up standing there all night. We had a GREAT time. The show was AMAZING. The sound was great & the lighting was awesome. The lighting was done so you could actually see the stars. Also, they had cool laser lights that kept shining on the walls and ceilings--giving it a great club vibe. The best part is that Rams Head Live limits the amount of people they sell tickets too & admit. Sure they could probably cram & pack more people in, but that would be uncomfortable. Here you have plenty of standing room. People are not stacked on top of each other. You can freely and easily make your way to the bar, concessions, souvenir stand and restrooms--AND make your way back to your spot!! I did use the restroom here & it was super clean. They even have restroom attendants that give you papertowels. They are also stocked with lotions, perfumes and etc in case you need it. TIPS are appreciated.

Overall we had a GREAT time here. It is such a great venue--even though it is mainly standing room (with the exception of the bar stools). The venue is located just a few blocks from the inner harbor & aquarium. So, it is nice to arrive earlier in the afteroon and stroll the waterfront, get dinner and then make your way up the street to the concert. There are several parking garages in the area--so no worries there. The crowd control really makes this place tops in my book. No pushing, shoving or getting trampled! I would not hesitate to see another show here again & I would recommend it!

TIP: If you park at the Pier V parking garage & show your ticket stub--you get $5 event parking (Sun-Thurs)!! So, IF they try to throw your tickets away at the door--ask for them back.

A question you might have about their policy: Their website & tickets say no cameras or recording devices allowed. We left ours home both times, but we saw many people with them. We have never seen anyone get asked to leave or put them away. Technically they are prohibited--so I would say bring at your own risk.