“hotel brexton fake free parking” 3 of 5 stars

Hotel Brexton
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   868 Park Avenue, Baltimore, MD 21201   |
Ranked #28 of 59 Hotels in Baltimore
Marlborough, Massachusetts
“hotel brexton fake free parking”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2012

The hotel itself is nice but dont fall for the "free" parking.They have about 5 available spaces.After those are taken ,you are on your own to find and pay for your own parking.I thought the "free "parking would compensate for the not-so-great neighborhood which is also far away from the inner harbor. Be warned, if it sounds too good to be true it probably is.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
Delaware
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2012

I really shouldn't have let so much time pass before getting on here to say we had a wonderful relaxing stay not doing much of anything! We were able to walk every where we went and occasionally took the free bus system which never seemed to be very crowded at all and as clean as any public bus system we've ridden. Very nice. We parked our car for free and left it until we returned home 3 days later.

As for the hotel, what a delightful tucked away little gem this was. The multi-million dollar renovations are complete and the money was well spent. The rooms are contemporary without being over the top. Just enough traditional thrown in to please anyone. The windows alone are enough to make us return. The views are great and the architecture is delightful.

We ended up in Little Italy one afternoon for an early dinner and it did not disappoint.

The beds and bed linens are comfy, the furniture is just enough, the bathrooms were delightfully clean and well appointed. I had assumed coming in last minute on a living social coupon we would get the "left over" room if there is such, this was not the case. We loved both of our rooms! Needed to change mid trip as our tv was experiencing some trouble (no other guest complained) so a random thing and the staff happily found us another room quickly once they determined they could not fix the problem quickly.

The breakfast area is so nice! I wanted to steal their caffe latte machine It did everything for you and was so convenient. Did not even need to use our Kruege in the room, but what a nice touch! The breakfast was more then enough to fill us up for the day and kept full of everything despite the fact we left mid week and the place was a lot emptier then compared to weekend.

Did meet the manager before we left and he was as eager to please as his staff had been, such a nice way to end our trip. I needed to drive myself home (oiy) as my husband was able to take the train into his work from here (quick walk to the train) and I was a bit concerned as I am directionally challenged to put it mildly! Paul pointed me directly were I needed to go (actually walked out the door with me to make sure I understood!)and I was home so quickly I was a bit sad and still savoring our time away.

Nothing to be afraid or apprehensive about and much to enjoy, Go!

Room Tip: we stayed in a turret room if you will and loved it! At the end of a very short hall and perfect for...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2012

Everyone at the hotel was friendly and helpful, but Ester was amazing! She could not have been more helpful. She made us feel very much at home, yet very pampered. Thanks for making our vacation such a memorable experience!!!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Los Angeles, California, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2012

We stayed at this hotel while touring MICA, because it was within walking distance from the school, affordable and seemed to have good reviews. The rooms were very nice and very clean. The breakfast had tea, coffee, oatmeal, cereal, fruit - enough to start the day. For us, the best part was the friendly staff. After we checked out, I got a call saying that I had left behind a tote bag containing my laptop and ipad. For us, this was priceless and so refreshing. I can't recommend them enough.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Colchester England
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2012

Stayed for three nights with my wife on a city break (part of a larger holiday). I liked the location, being in Mount Vernon, which is more 'genuine' than the faceless tourist traps of the Inner harbour. Here you are part of a local community and there are some nice restaurants within a stone's throw. (Check out City Cafe and Marie Louise Bistro - both excellent). The room was large and comfortable, the bed HUGE. Though the breakfast was only continental, it was wholly adequate. There is a nice little area out back in the pedestrianised street with tables belonging to the hotel where you can take your breakfast (just step outside the fire door). Tip - We bought a bottle of wine and enjoyed it sitting out there in the warm evening. Nice local wine shop just round the corner on North Charles and Read. Glasses from the breakfast cupboard where breakfast is served (with permission of reception of course!). This is a great little place; smart and sophisticated.

Room Tip: Good local eateries just one and two blocks away.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Istanbul, Turkey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2012

I have stayed in Brexton 2 weeks.It was a very comfartable stay that I realy felt at home. First of all very professional staff, very good and safe location, VERY CLEAN and nicely renovated and refurbished building.....After having awfull one week 5 star hotel experience it was a real paradise....starting from manager to house keeping staf, very friendly, helpful staff.....they love their job and what they are doing....once again congredulations to management.....Nice breakfast room ,very good continental breakfast.......not only the rooms everywhere of hotel is very clean....As a location it is very convenient...it is in the heart of Mount Vernon which is very nice, safe and historical area in Baltimore....very close to Penn station that you can walk....also only 50 meters away from bus stop that with Charm City Circuler Line you can easly reach to Inner Harbor,Little Italy and Fells Point without paying any cent......Very suffıcant , quick ,excellant concierge service far beyond 5 stars hotel....... Once again many thanks to Paul Masai (General Manager), Melody,Ebani,Esther,Milton and Maria that they made my stay in Baltimore unforgteble......My final advice to visitors don't think twice to stay in Hotel Brexton , just stay and enjoy it......Mrs. Nurper Latifoğlu

Room Tip: I stayed two different room...every single of them very nice...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
Phoenix
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2012

My husband and I stayed at the hotel for a week. It was very comfortable and homey for us. The staff is exceptional, all of the employees went out of there way to be friendly and helpful. Esther was exceptionally gracious. The location in Mount Vernon is away from the Inner Harbor activity yet close to mass transit and the Charm City free bus service. The historic nature of the hotel is fabulous, lots of alcoves and nooks that you don't find in the main stream hotels. The room was very large, wonderful bed and quiet too. They had an elevator issue during our stay and did their best to work with everyone and their needs. They also have a great coffee machine in the breakfast area that is always available. The breakfast fit our need for easy and nutritious. We definitely felt very special during the entire week. We look forward to see them in January!!!

Room Tip: We had one of the smaller rooms and is was great. Not sure there is a bad room.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family

Been to Hotel Brexton? Share your experiences!