“A Sushi Snob's New FAVorite place!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Geisha Sushi bar

Geisha Sushi bar
201 N Charles St, B1, Baltimore, MD 21201-4102 (Downtown)
410-685-2099
Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: Reservations
Neighborhood: Downtown
Orange County, CA
“A Sushi Snob's New FAVorite place!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2010

Geisha Sushi bar was conveniently located near Hotel Monaco where I was staying. I read the reviews on Yelp and had to try it. I consider myself a sushi connoisseur (aka sushi snob) and have experienced many places with less than par sushi. This is NOT one of them! The sushi chef is very friendly and willing to help you find exactly what you are looking for.

Today, I was feeling extra healthy and chose to go rice free. I had the cucumber roll (I do not remember the correct name) which was filled with tuna, avocado, and other yummy delicacies and then wrapped in layers of cucumber. Very fresh and tasty!

I also had yellowtail and white tuna sashimi. The fish was melt in your mouth delicious.

To top it off, I had a spicy tuna hand roll compliments of the chef. This was my first ever hand roll and I have to admit that I am now a huge fan of hand rolls...maybe I'll go back to Geisha Sushi tomorrow night...yummy!

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Baltimore, Maryland
“Geisha: Hidden Gem in Downtown Baltimore.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2010

Don't be dismayed by the entrance of Geisha. It gets much better as you decend the stairs into one of the most satisfying sushi bars in Baltimore. Expect to be greeted from behind the bar by owner and master chef, Kim, and for those who are open and willing this may be an educational visit as well. He will tell what the best fish of the day is, where he goes to buy his fish and just how early he has to get there to find the best fish. We couldn't help but feel the pride and dedication that Master chef Kim has for his resturaunt.
We have only been here a few times but we always leave knowing more about Japanese cuisine and sake. In this last visit we learned A LOT about sake. It was 1/2 price sake night when we were there on Friday.
Master chef Kim helped us pick out the sake that we were looking for. My Suesue likes the sparkling sake and there were 3 types to chose from that night. Then there were 4. Then 5.
As for the food, Geisha Sushi Bar is one of those resturaunts that stresses presentation. Fabulous sushi in generous portions that is as fun to look at as it is to eat. Well, no, eating it was more fun. That's why we had to take pictures because we knew it wouldn't last long.
There is also an extensive Korean menu but we did not try any of the dishes although local reviews give it high marks.

Geisha Sushi bar is easily accessable for those visiting the convention center or the Radison or Sheraton. Don't worry. It's not in "The Wire" part of Baltimore. That's 3 blocks west.

Banzai!

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
New York City, New York
“Creative & Delicious Sushi - Great Value”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2009

I was staying at the new Hotel Monaco and wanted something within walking distance. After reading reviews on Google for different restaurants, I decided on Geisha... only 3 blocks up from the hotel.

Now, if you can just get past the extremely cheesy decor and music... you will find yourself seated at an incredible sushi restaurant. Upon entering I actually walked out because of the decor... something about it just didn't seem sushi worthy. After mustering up enough guts, though, I walked back in and sat at the bar.

I cannot recall what rolls I ordered but they were AMAZING. The portions were generous and the menu was priced reasonably. Furthermore, the menu was very creative with some clever sushi options. Additionally, the staff was so very nice and accommodating. I can't wait to return.

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere