“Good food! ” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Maisy's

Maisy's
313 N Charles Street, Baltimore, MD 21201 (Downtown)
443 220-0150‎
Good for: Bar scene, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Downtown
Cross street: Betw. E. Pleasant St. & E. Saratoga St.
Transit: A short walk from most downtown hotels, use Baltimore City’s FREE Purple Line Circulator buses (going North-exit 305 Pleasant Street & N. Charles Street or Going South-exit 317 St Paul and Saratoga Street)
New Jersey
“Good food! ”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2014

I went with my coworkers while at a conference. Happy hour $5 dollar well drinks made me happy. The food was good- my coworkers are still talking about the grilled cheese. The food was good and prices reasonable.

Boyce, VA
“Comfortable Joint...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2014

My family and I ate at Maisy's prior to a concert at First Baltimore Arena. Comfortable feel to the place and the food was very good. Great beer selection and the service was outstanding. Our waiter (wish I could remember his Name) was friendly and informative about the restaurant's offerings. Would return here.

• Visited February 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Ellicott City, Maryland
“A go-to kind of place”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2014

Maisy's is not perfect, not fancy, not outstanding. But it is comfortable. I've dined there several times and enjoy the relaxed atmosphere, good, friendly service and interesting meals. I've always been able to get a parking space within a block or two and get a table right away.

I've had the Alligator Gumbo, which was good and hardy. Most recently, I had the strip steak with pumpkin puree and cornbread green beans--very good flavor(s) though the steak was a little chewy.

I'll come back, it's one of my "go-to" restaurants.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Red Lion, Pennsylvania, United States
“Very Disappointing!!!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2014

Based on all of the other reviews, I was really looking forward to a good local restaurant meal during a weekend getaway to Baltimore. Service was good, but the food was bland and not worth the price. We ordered Duck Spring Rolls for an appetizer, they were OK... a bit greasy, not much flavor, and barely any duck meat. Being in the crab cake center of the world, you would think they would have some of the best... not so! Crab cakes were fried (very hard), and about half filler, no seasoning. The succotash side dish had no flavor and the lima beans were hard. The mac and cheese side dish again had no flavor. My husband ordered the Alligator gumbo... no flavor! I would recommend that the chef go to the McCormick store at the Inner Harbor and invest in some Old Bay and Creole seasoning. I don't know if something may have recently changed here in regards to a Chef or ownership, but the menu that is posted on Trip Advisor, is not the menu we were given to select from. With the exception of a few items, the menu was completely different. Also, I was a bit surprised that they couldn't afford to replace the long bench seat where the tables were lined up against. The vinyl was worn down to the cloth and they had a sheet over part of it....kind of creeped me out. Didn't enjoy the chatty conversation with the waiter either... he asked if we ever tried bear meat and then horse meat... not a good subject to bring up when he didn't know he was talking to a horse owner.

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Pittsburgh
“Service has slipped, at least on this visit”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2014

Unfortunately I visited when my waitress was hungry. She ate her lunch at the bar while I nursed my beer while eating a pizza. Finally she came over and I got my second beer.
It took forever to get my check and I gave up on the change.
Maybe it was a bad night, when I visited last year it was awesome.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere