“Excellent service” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Maisy's

Maisy's
313 N Charles Street, Baltimore, MD 21201 (Downtown)
443 220-0150‎
Good for: Bar scene, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Downtown
Cross street: Betw. E. Pleasant St. & E. Saratoga St.
Transit: A short walk from most downtown hotels, use Baltimore City’s FREE Purple Line Circulator buses (going North-exit 305 Pleasant Street & N. Charles Street or Going South-exit 317 St Paul and Saratoga Street)
Philadelphia
“Excellent service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2013

Ate here for dinner while I was in town for a conference. My husband and I were looking for a place to eat and sort of stumbled upon it when we were walking around. It was much better than I anticipated. The staff was truly friendly. Leslie, our waitress, was wonderful. She took care of us. It was a hot, muggy day, and she even obliged my husband's request to leave us a pitcher of ice water. Had the crab fondue as an appetizer ($11). Warm cheese with old bay and a good amount of crab served with the house bread (seasoned baguette cut into rounds). Very tasty. Then we both had the fish and chips that came with home-made fries and three dips (tartar sauce, curry, and ketchup)($15). The fish was juicy, and the batter was nice and crispy. As it was happy hour, we also both got a glass of wine for $5. It was just decent. I probably wouldn't have gotten that again. But I would definitely go back, as the place is so friendly and the food is great.

• Visited May 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

New Braunfels, Texas
“locals love it”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2013

was recommended by several locals for great burgers. thought the burgers were ok. service and everything else was good. very casual and quaint. overall liked it, but have had better burgers.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Nyack, New York
“Casual resonable dining”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

We were a group of six. We were looking for somewhere that had something for "everyone". We had some who were not fish easters and others who really wanted crab cakes. Maisy's satisfied us all. We ordered the crab fondue, Margherita pizza and Mussels to start. The crab dip was a bit salty and more like a dip than a fondue. The pizza was very good as well as the mussels. Two of us ordered the crab cakes. They were very good! Two huge crabcakes served along with homemade macaroni and cheese. A few people ordered chicken penne, which they thought was a little "mushy". The hamburger was average. Overall I would return, The brick oven pizzza was great. The crabcakes deliciouse. Give it a whirl. The prices were reasonable and the atmosphere comfortable. Casual dining.

• Visited May 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Albany
“Good local bar/restaurant”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2013

This is a great place to stop in for a drink, a light bite to eat and some lively conversation (a bit of a "Cheers" kind of vibe.)

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Chicago, Illinois
“I must have hit a bad night.....”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2013

We were in Baltimore for business and the hotel suggested Maisy's. The service and staff are as efficient and cordial as you could want. The food was another story. The restaurant had maybe 10-12 customers and it took 30 minutes to get two simple, dinners. I had the chicken penne pasta. It was so bad that the chicken was drier than sand and the pasta was overcooked as well. My friend had the meatloaf and he said it weas terrible. Let me preface, we did not send it back. That was our mistake. We were both tired from flying and wanted to eat.
Theis restaurant should review the skill set of whoever was cooking last Tuesday night. I'm an average to above average cook and I could have prepared both these dishe, to a palatable level in my sleep.
I hope the restaurant and the hotel who suggested it find a way to improve on both fronts!

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere