“Yummy & Fun” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Talara - CLOSED

Talara
615 President St, Baltimore, MD 21202-4472 (Little Italy)
410-528-9883
Cross street: Fleet Street & President Street
Baltimore, Maryland
“Yummy & Fun”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2013

One of my favorite places to dine out or just have fun! My absolute favorites are the ceviche and the payaya! Both are some of the best that I've ever had. And don't visit without enjoying a few mojitos, either with your meal or at that their very cool bar! A really nice, classy, fun place at a reasonable cost! Enjoy!

• Visited July 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

“Great ceviche”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2013

Best ceviche place in the Baltimore - Washington area.... Great ambience...do not miss the ceviche sampler

Visited February 2013
Ellicott City, Maryland
“A taste of modern South American cuisine in Baltimore”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

Talara has reinvented the art of fine food. Yo've never had sushi like this! We love the Asian Tartare Seviche. The meal wouldn't be complete without a mojito. Fresh ingredients make this a delicious treat. On our last trip we had the Carne Asada. Tender meat, great seasoning bringing out the flavor of the beef, with red bliss mashed potatoes and perfectly cooked vegetables. The chefs are talented, the service is great, and the bar will make drinks that you will want to come back for more.

• Visited February 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Stony Brook, New York
“Great food, atmosphere and service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2013 via mobile

We happened to be staying next door at the Homewood Suites and saw the good reviews on Trip Adviser, so we decided to check Talara out. We were glad that we did.

The restaurant has an interesting menu with plenty of seafood and ceviche specials. The chips with hummus and guacamole sides were outstanding with just enough spiciness! I opted for a shrimp dinner with coconut rice and beans which was another excellent choice. The price was reasonable for 2 people given the quality and service.

We would definitely recommend Talara!

Exeter, Rhode Island
“How did I walk by this lace so many times??”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2013

I am in Baltimore for work very frequently and I generally stay in the area near this restaurant. I've been walking and cabbing by this place for at least 3 years, maybe more. The presence of fish in the window led me to believe that this was a sushi place and since I don't eat raw fish, I never went in.
This week, because of the reviews that I saw on tripadvisor.com, I decided to try the restaurant and I am so glad I did.
The location is close by to the Courtyard Marriott and the Waterfront Marriott (both on Aliceanna) as well as a Hyatt Place, and the new Four Seasons.
I was on business travel, so I dined alone. My server was very friendly and he guided me through the menu since I have never been there before. The mussels appetizer looked great but I knew I would never eat my entree if I did that! I ordered the ropa vieja which was outstanding. Served on coconut rice and with some plaintains as well. A perfect match for my sangria which was also terrific! The dessert donuts sounded great but I was way too full...maybe next time. My server said that the restaurant will soon be on opentable which will be nice. I will definitely be going back when I am intown on business.

• Visited February 2013