We checked in and went up to our room and every seemed fine. The lobby smelled a bit funny, but the room seemed nice... until I went to take a shower. The shower had hair all over the walls and sides of the tub. It was pretty obvious that no one had taken the time to even peek in there, because I was able to get most of it down the drain just by rinsing it down. I did not have time to call to have the maid service come up to clean it and stil be ready for dinner in time so I made do, but it was pretty gross. Just going for one night I did not bring my own shampoo and conditioner. The bottles by the sink looked half used and had soap sud remenants on them. When we left for dinner and were waiting for the elevator we noticed that the carpets in the hallway were remarkably dirty as well.
We returned back we went up and noticed the amount of noise that was present in the room. Staying in the heart of the city you will of course have noise, but it was as if the windows were open it was so loud. We went to sleep around midnight and were woken up at around 3 in the morning by a VERY loud group of people who kept us up on and off for about an hour. The walls are so thin you could hear someone blowing their nose next door, let along this group of screaming drunk people. Not the hotels fault, but the noise levels were crazy.
Breakfast left much to be desired. I was shocked for a "green" hotel how many microwaves they had people use. Everything was frozen and you had to individually microwave your food if you wanted a hot breakfast. It didn't seem very environmentally sound...
On an up note, every employee we encountered from the from desk staff, to the valets, to the bartender were wonderfully helpful and friendly. It was the best part of the stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Discover a new, refreshing travel experience at our Baltimore hotel's downtown accommodations. Our careful compliance earns LEED (Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design) Certification** in addition to the value, comfort, and service our guests have come to expect. Enjoy our complimentary full breakfast, featuring scrambled eggs, waffles, breakfast meats, fresh fruit and so much more! Visit Tavern 101, located off our Baltimore downtown hotel's lobby, for lunch or dinner. In addition to our on-site amenities, our downtown Baltimore hotel suites are just minutes from Johns Hopkins Hospital and the Kennedy Kreiger Institute, Orioles Park at Camden Yards, M&T Bank Stadium, as well as the shopping, dining and entertainment of the Inner Harbor area. For guests planning an extended stay at our hotel in downtown Baltimore, special rates may be available. Please call our hotel to discuss the options available. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Priceline, BookIt.com, Marriott, Hotels.com, EasyToBook and Odigeo so you can book your Fairfield Inn & Suites Baltimore Downtown/Inner Harbor reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Fairfield Inn And Suites Baltimore Downtown/Inner Harbor
- Fairfield Inn & Suites Baltimore Downtown/Inner Harbor Hotel Baltimore