“Hotel was great” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Fairfield Inn & Suites Baltimore Downtown/Inner Harbor

Save Saved
You added Fairfield Inn & Suites Baltimore Downtown/Inner Harbor to your Saves list
Fairfield Inn & Suites Baltimore Downtown/Inner Harbor
Ranked #22 of 68 hotels in Baltimore
Shamokin, Pennsylvania
“Hotel was great”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2013

We stayed in the ECO suite. I would HIGHLY recommend it. It was a very cool room. Hotel is VERY easy walking to power plant/inner harbor. Everyone was really nice. The hotel had cool features and things. The courtyard was nice. Breakfast was good. I liked when places have waffles.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple

260 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
Cumberland, Maryland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2013

The thermostat in the room was controlled by your body movement in room, which no one told us so we kept trying to regulate things and never were very successful We asked several times to have someone come and check things because it was so noisy you could hardly sleep. We found nut shells on the beside table and the bathroom sink smelled like mold. We were suppose to get cab vouchers for John Hopkins Hospital but after the first day(we were there for 4 days) they said we weren't entitled.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Ellen M, Director of Sales at Fairfield Inn & Suites Baltimore Downtown/Inner Harbor, responded to this review, January 21, 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to review our property. I am so sorry that you were not properly informed on how our HVAC system works. I will share this and all of your comments with our entire management team here at the hotel.

Regarding the transportation to Johns Hopkins. All guests staying at our hotel under the Johns Hopkins rate plan should receive complimentary transportation to the Johns Hopkins facility. Would you mind contacting me when you have a moment so that I can do further research and make this matter right with you? My contact information is below.

Thank you again!

Yours in Hospitality,
Ellen Mullings
Director of Sales
ellen.mullings@fairfieldinnbaltimore.com
443.392.9155
Richmond, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2013

This is our second stay at the Fairfield Inn & Suites Baltimore Inner Habor, and both times we have had positive experiences. Both times we had a 9 y.o. child with us.

Pros: Hotel is very clean with modern, pleasant decor. Everything looks recently remodeled. The staff has always been helpful and pleasant. The pricing is pretty good for what you get. The included breakfast is not stellar, but pretty good. We thought is was fine. (Make-your-own waffle station, hard boiled eggs, oatmeal, bagels, cereal, bananas, apples and "Jimmy Dean" breakfast sandwiches). Also, free internet connections in the room. Easy walking distance to the Inner Harbor, and a very short drive to Johns Hopkins. I believe they have a shuttle service to Johns Hopkins, but we chose to drive ourselves.

Cons: The price for parking is a bit steep. $34/day for self-park and $30/day for valet (I guess they really want to encourage you to use the valet). Also, be sure to request a room that faces the courtyard and not the street. Our first visit, we faced the courtyard and slept very well. On the second visit, we faced the road, and the traffic noise (particularly the buses) kept us up a bit, even with a "white noise" machine.

Overall, we quite like the Fairfield Inn, and will definitely stay here again on our next visit to Baltimore (but will be sure to request a room facing the courtyard).

Room Tip: We stayed in room 551 last time, and had some trouble sleeping because of the traffic noise. Be sur...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2013

We live in GA, but chose JH for my wife's surgery in July (2012). We stayed at this hotel for about 2 weeks last summer and again for each of my wife's follow up visits. It is definitely a more "high end" than your typical Fairfield. In addition, it is within walking distance of the Inner Harbor. Finally, the staff does a great job for the JH patients and families. They go out of their way to make you feel welcome (during trying times) and provide complimentary travel vouchers (to and from JH).

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Ocean City
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2013

I probably would've given a "5" to this fairly new hotel in Baltimore except for a couple of things:
1. There is NO parking. Well, except for about 5 or 6 "valet" spots that you'll pay $30 a day to use. I was even told (by staff) that parking overnight on the street is not recommended because of break-ins. They got my 30 bucks with that comment.
2. The towels. Normally I could care less about the quality of hotel towels. But in this case I'm assuming that they possibly bought the inventory from a closed-down Super 8 to stock their bathrooms. Ask for extras a the front desk. You'll need at least three to dry off after one shower.
SERVICE: Front desk was OK...all business. No "...Hi! Welcome to Fairfield Inn/Baltimore". No real problem there...just get me checked-in quickly and into my room, which is what they did.
LOCATION: Location is A-plus. Walk to ALL the attractions downtown. (Break-ins seem to be the problem- not muggings.)
Finally: The room was spotlessly clean and bright. Very nice rooms.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2012

We had one free Marriott night to use before Jan. We choose the Fairfield Inn based on previous reviews. We were not disappointed. We only stayed one night so we did not experience everything the hotel had to offer but I would stay again. It was a short walk to the Inner Harbor and bearable even in the cold weather. All the staff we encountered were very friendly and helpful. I also like that it's LEEDs certified. I would love to visit in the warmer months to experience the outdoor seating. My only negative comments are that my bed was too soft and the shower had very low pressure.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Makati, Philippines
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2012

Hotel location is good. We just walked from the hotel to Inner Harbor and Top of the World Observation Level. The place is also good and clean. Our room is clean. Space is not large enough but there's a tiny living area (sofa, tv, ref). I was surprised (in a good way) about the toiletries because they were known brands and not some generic crappy hotel products.

We also ate at Tavern101 at the ground floor. Their crab cakes are really good. All meat and no starchy fillers.

Overall, I am happy with the hotel. Until I lost my backpack. I know valuables are the responsibility of the owner, but I was disappointed by how easily a bag can get lost/stolen in the hotel's shared spaces. I just laid down my bag on the floor while our group was getting coffee near the breakfast area. It was in the evening and there was just my group and a couple of guests going to the elevator. When I got to our room and realized my bag is missing, I immediately ran and took the elevator (room is on 2nd floor) and searched for it. It was no longer there. All happening in less than an hour!. Front Desk asked the staff if they found a bag, and that's it. She didn't ask for my name, my room, how my bag looked like. I had to go back and ask Front Desk if there's any way we can review the video monitor in that area. I was only told there's none in that hall and I had to wait for the manager, who has the only access to the video logs, in the morning, at 11AM!

I spoke with the next shift at the Front Desk in the morning and she was more helpful. She took down my name and contact number and a description of the backpack, and contacted the Lost & Found staff. Way better response than the one at the Front Desk the night before! The other staff I spoke with (incl. the lost & found guy) reacted like it's a lost case. No initiative, no effort.

Thankfully, my backpack did not have passports and important documents and valuables. It was my baby's diaper bag, and her essential feeding stuff were there. :(

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Ellen M, Director of Sales at Fairfield Inn & Suites Baltimore Downtown/Inner Harbor, responded to this review, December 6, 2012
Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel. I am so sorry for the inconvenience that you experienced regarding your backpack. I have forwarded the information onto all of the appropriate managers so that they may educate their teams on how to better handle a situation such as this.

I do appreciate the kudos you mentioned regarding our restaurant, our location and the guest rooms. I'm so sorry that your entire stay was not to your satisfaction. If there is anything I can do to make things right, please do not hesitate to contact me directly.

I look forward to the opportunity to serve you again in the future!

Yours in Hospitality,
Ellen Mullings
Director of Sales
Fairfield Inn & Suites Baltimore - Downtown/Inner Harbor
443.392.9155
ellen.mullings@fairfieldinnbaltimore.com

Been to Fairfield Inn & Suites Baltimore Downtown/Inner Harbor? Share your experiences!