“3 day stay for wedding” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Fairfield Inn & Suites Baltimore Downtown/Inner Harbor

Save Saved
You added Fairfield Inn & Suites Baltimore Downtown/Inner Harbor to your Saves list
Expedia.com Booking.com
Ranked #32 of 69 hotels in Baltimore
erie, pa
“3 day stay for wedding”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2012

I had a wedding to attend in Baltimore and stayed at this hotel for 3 nights. This is a really great place for the price. Close to shopping and sight seeing. The staff was excellent..Not only were they friendly but they were there to help or answer questions. Some of the staff were so much fun especiall the staff in the bar, from the bartenders to the cooks in the kitchen. Food was good, hot and we got our meal quickly. The rooms were small but not any smaller than other hotels I have stayed at. The price to park your car there was a little steep.
. The only complaint I had was that the bathroom was not cleaned very good the first night we stayed. The beds were very comfortable, I slept like a baby. Again the staff were great and all deserve a raise..... I would recommend this hotel to anyone thinking of staying there

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Ellen M, Director of Sales at Fairfield Inn & Suites Baltimore Downtown/Inner Harbor, responded to this review, December 6, 2012
Thank you so much for your review. I will share your comments with the team here at the Fairfield.

We look forward to your future stays with us!

Yours in Hospitality,

Ellen Mullings
Director of Sales
Fairfield Inn & Suites Baltimore - Downtown/Inner Harbor
443.392.9155
ellen.mullings@fairfieldinnbaltimore.com

216 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Island Heights, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2012

The previous reviewer hit the nail on the head when he/she said something is just a little bit "off" with this hotel.

The hotel is a perfectly fine place to stay for a short visit, but the rooms are QUITE small, and we had a problem with humidity in ours during our stay. The air in the room seemed mysteriously humid, and we couldn't figure it out. Bedding/bathrooms were clean, and that is a plus.

There is a really nice courtyard area with "turf", and complimentary tea and coffee in the lobby. However, at one point, the hot water and coffee were empty. My mom's polite request for them to be refilled was met with a less than eager response from a staffer.

The area around the hotel is safe enough, but we were told not to leave our vehicle parked on the street overnight under any circumstances. Apparently your odds of meeting your vehicle with intact windows the next morning are slim.

Elevators were extremely slow like the previous reviewer said, but we did not experience slow valet service even though the front desk warned us to call 40 minutes ahead for our car ?? not usually a good sign - we did OK though.

Hotel restaurant isn't bad but, but like the elevators, is extremely slow service.

All in all, not a bad place to stay if you are looking more for function than luxury. Tip: The rooms facing the courtyard are quiet.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Philadelphia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2012

There are other Marriotts in the same neighborhood that are better for the same price range.

Nothing was wrong with the hotel, just the little things seemed off. The king room was small. The elevators were very very very slow (and there are two "towers" so if traveling with family or friends you may need two rides to get to another couple's room). If you prefer stairs, sorry, one of the tower's stairs are emergency exit only...

The service was fine, but we were there for a wedding and the bar closed before 1 am. The valet was also a bit tricky. Your only parking option is valet, and the price was comparable to what you would pay anywhere downtown (except that $3 lot on Caroline). However, the driveway for the valet was tiny and crowded and the valet was painfully slow at times (we were in and out a lot due to the wedding and waited 20+ minutes on more than one occasion). Lastly, the rainfall shower head did not have water pressure sufficient for the rinsing of soap.

Also, and it seemed to be just our room, so it may not be indicative of the hotel as a whole, but the room smelled very musty.

Again, not terrible, the hotel was clean and the service was fine. Did I feel like I was on vacation or living in luxury...no. Was it usable...yes. Would I stay there again...probably not with all of the other options nearby.

Room Tip: Get a two bed room, the room's are bigger!
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Cape Elizabeth, Maine
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2012

We stayed here for two nights and had an average stay. When we checked in the desk clerk had a really tough time figuring out my reservation. I had a different reservation for each night and she could not figure out how to get me my room. I explained that I made one reservation and then added an additional night but for some reason she had a tough time.
Once we got in our room we were there for about 5 minutes when the housekeeper knocked and then entered the room.then she said, I am head of housekeeping and turned around and left.
The whole experience was a little sketchy.
We like the location and the room was comfortable but overall,I would not stay there again.
The 2nd day we were there I got a call at 4pm asking if we were planning on staying a 2nd night since we hadn't checked out. I again explained to the girl that we were staying 2 nights. She then said,"I know, I just wondered when you would be back." Strange.
The valet guy was very friendly but overall I felt the entire staff could use better training.

Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Ottawa, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2012

Location, location - this hotel is a mere couple blocks from the harbour National Aquarium, down Pratt Street from the Ravens' and Orioles' home parks. Beautiful building, supremely friendly staff (front desk, valet and security) made for a great first impression. The room itself was a decent size, the bathroom was pristine - I didn't like the rainfall showerhead much but my wife absolutely loved it... and for those who dislike hotel bath tubs, they did away with it - replacing it with a modern walk-in shower. Very cool. Large LCD television and a more than comfortable bed iced it for us.

We didn't get much of a view because we were on the first floor, but there was zero noise from the outside or the hallway. We weren't there to gaze out the window and the convenience of being down the hall and around the corner from the front desk and valet service was great.

Valet service is second to none - $30/day isn't all that bad and as others point out, if you want it, in/out service is possible with 15 minutes' advance notice. I saved a HUGE amount by booking through name your price on Priceline.com but wouldn't have been disappointed paying full-pop to stay here. The convenience of location, availability and friendliness from the staff and all in all, a perfect stay.

We will be back in the area sooner than later as we were only in town for two days, and we'll be going back to this hotel without a doubt. In fact, we'd consider staying here while visiting nearby Washington DC in the future - it's only 40 minutes away and a very nice drive.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
DE
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2012

Really enjoyed our stay at this hotel. It is in a great location, easy walk to harbor area and hotel has some nice amenities. Beds were comfortable, rooms average size, new, and clean. We liked the outside area with chairs and fire pit. Breakfast a step above continental with waffles and sausage and bacon biscuits plus the dining area was not overly crowded. The 101 Tavern was a nice place to unwind and our bartender was great. We travel to Baltimore often and have stayed at several of the hotels close to Inner Harbor, my family seemed to like this hotel the best. The only down side is the 30$ they charge to park--while this is to be expected in Baltimore -- parking at the Fairfield Inn is not a 24 hour time block. You are allowed in and out privileges, but other hotels I have stayed at in Baltimore have allowed us 24 hours. We parked after 6pm when we arrived and when we checked out at 11am the next day, we were told that we could only keep the car there until 1:00pm or it would cost an extra 10$. Put a little bit of a damper on our plans for the day, but we worked around it. All in all, I would absolutely stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Apex, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2012

I really enjoyed staying at this hotel. The location is centrally located in the harbor within walking distance to restaurants, Fells Point, Little Italy, shopping, etc. The staff was great and helped us with transportation to and from Johns Hopkins hospital. The rooms were clean and the continental breakfast was basic but good. Coffee all day too. Would definitely stay here again

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family

Been to Fairfield Inn & Suites Baltimore Downtown/Inner Harbor? Share your experiences!