The previous reviewer hit the nail on the head when he/she said something is just a little bit "off" with this hotel.
The hotel is a perfectly fine place to stay for a short visit, but the rooms are QUITE small, and we had a problem with humidity in ours during our stay. The air in the room seemed mysteriously humid, and we couldn't figure it out. Bedding/bathrooms were clean, and that is a plus.
There is a really nice courtyard area with "turf", and complimentary tea and coffee in the lobby. However, at one point, the hot water and coffee were empty. My mom's polite request for them to be refilled was met with a less than eager response from a staffer.
The area around the hotel is safe enough, but we were told not to leave our vehicle parked on the street overnight under any circumstances. Apparently your odds of meeting your vehicle with intact windows the next morning are slim.
Elevators were extremely slow like the previous reviewer said, but we did not experience slow valet service even though the front desk warned us to call 40 minutes ahead for our car ?? not usually a good sign - we did OK though.
Hotel restaurant isn't bad but, but like the elevators, is extremely slow service.
All in all, not a bad place to stay if you are looking more for function than luxury. Tip: The rooms facing the courtyard are quiet.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Discover a new, refreshing travel experience at our Baltimore hotel's downtown accommodations. Our careful compliance earns LEED (Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design) Certification** in addition to the value, comfort, and service our guests have come to expect. Enjoy our complimentary full breakfast, featuring scrambled eggs, waffles, breakfast meats, fresh fruit and so much more! Visit Tavern 101, located off our Baltimore downtown hotel's lobby, for lunch or dinner. In addition to our on-site amenities, our downtown Baltimore hotel suites are just minutes from Johns Hopkins Hospital and the Kennedy Kreiger Institute, Orioles Park at Camden Yards, M&T Bank Stadium, as well as the shopping, dining and entertainment of the Inner Harbor area. For guests planning an extended stay at our hotel in downtown Baltimore, special rates may be available. Please call our hotel to discuss the options available. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Marriott, Tingo, Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Priceline, BookingOdigeoWL, Venere and Otel so you can book your Fairfield Inn & Suites Baltimore Downtown/Inner Harbor reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Fairfield Inn & Suites Baltimore Downtown/Inner Harbor Hotel Baltimore
- Fairfield Inn And Suites Baltimore Downtown/Inner Harbor